Forums

First it was the bots ...

Neurotic

Now players are doing it. Afking at the entrance of dungeons and leeching off of items.

I've seen a trend of mostly people with almost maxed out gear deciding to sit at the entrance of dungeons with the bots, I really hope we get a way to kick leechers and bots alike soon because this is getting out of hand.

Let me tell you a story about afking maxe geared players ^^

I have long loading screens (especialy in cross server dungeons, and crash rate during those loading screens is damn high...i crash 50% of my cs parties) and most likely my character appeares BEFORE my game actualy loads, so it looks like i'm afking at the entrance (i experienced this in other games too, it's especialy funny during open world pvp). It happened to me multiple times that "legit" players got mad, because "one leecher is okay, but it won't work if all wants to leech" and they left the party before i could even load. What is the result of this? I ended up with only 1 legit player (or less) by my side and a leecher, so needed to re-queue and pray for RNGesus for this not to happen again.

Whats the moral of this story? Be patient...not every player wants to leech...give them time to load, before you go mad, and if they don't move after a min, you're legit to rage. Mindlessly kicking players because they don't move in the moment their character is loaded in, is not a clever idea, because it will just make the "problem" worser.

No i'm NOT protecting the afkers, because the "if he can, why can't i?" menthality is childish and won't solve anything, i just wanna point out that not everyone wants to leech

*It wasn't clear from your post if those afkers you talk about were real leechers (aka didn't join in the fight after more mins) or just slow loaders, so i apologize if they were "legit" leechers.

4 minutes ago, Hazriel said:

Let me tell you a story about afking maxe geared players ^^

I have long loading screens (especialy in cross server dungeons, and crash rate during those loading screens is damn high...i crash 50% of my cs parties) and most likely my character appeares BEFORE my game actualy loads, so it looks like i'm afking at the entrance (i experienced this in other games too, it's especialy funny during open world pvp). It happened to me multiple times that "legit" players got mad, because "one leecher is okay, but it won't work if all wants to leech" and they left the party before i could even load. What is the result of this? I ended up with only 1 legit player (or less) by my side and a leecher, so needed to re-queue and pray for RNGesus for this not to happen again.

Whats the moral of this story? Be patient...not every player wants to leech...give them time to load, before you go mad, and if they don't move after a min, you're legit to rage. Mindlessly kicking players because they don't move in the moment their character is loaded in, is not a clever idea, because it will just make the "problem" worser.

No i'm NOT protecting the afkers, because the "if he can, why can't i?" menthality is childish and won't solve anything, i just wanna point out that not everyone wants to leech

*It wasn't clear from your post if those afkers you talk about were real leechers (aka didn't join in the fight after more mins) or just slow loaders, so i apologize if they were "legit" leechers.

Legit afkers and they can't be kicked, it's in the blue dungeons. I don't mind waiting around in the harder dungeons if someone DC's or isn't moving for a bit but this is starting to become a common for the 4 blue dungeons.

Bots and players alike are leeching what they can because they can get away with it.

5 minutes ago, Neurotic said:

Legit afkers and they can't be kicked, it's in the blue dungeons. I don't mind waiting around in the harder dungeons if someone DC's or isn't moving for a bit but this is starting to become a common for the 4 blue dungeons.

Bots and players alike are leeching what they can because they can get away with it.

Fortunately i met with only a few of them so far (and most of them left the dungeon before the loot started...what's the point in leeching then?), but yes, as i stated earlier, this mentality is childish...If they wanna act like bots, then why do they even play?

2 minutes ago, TheRealElvis said:

There's a difference bethween loading times and afk/idle, learn it.

Don't be rude. I don't know who did you aimed your post to, but none of us mistoke loading with afk (i just pointed out the difference, and Neurotic said they were "legit" leechers).

Just now, Hazriel said:

Don't be rude. I don't know who did you aimed your post to, but none of us mistoke loading with afk (i just pointed out the difference, and Neurotic said they were "legit" leechers).

Legit is a subjective definition, sounds to me over 90% of these whines about "afkers" are disbanding based on "ohhmehgeeed he doesen't move for 5 seconds better leave the lobby because I'm a fokin moron and don't count in variables".

agreed. theres a difference between long (longer) loading time and actual afking/leeching. and the most annoying part is that we cant just kick them... neither vote kick them.

so... yea... ncsoft have to solve this problem real quick cuz its just annoying.

6 minutes ago, TheRealElvis said:

... "ohhmehgeeed he doesen't move for 5 seconds better leave the lobby because I'm a fokin moron and don't count in variables".

That's exactly what i wanted to point out in my first post and Neurotic read that, so i'm sure he knows thats he's talking about ^^

Archived