Summoner to second race

Nodens

In fact make all classes available to at least 2 races. Race exclusives are bad. I really want to play a summoner (I want to play ALL classes--curently have Assassin and KFM)

but I can't absolutely stand the Lyn race. It feels like playing with a kid character and as a 38 year old player I find it weird at best. This weird lollita-style race was also in Tera but there

you could just avoid it, no class was locked to it. Now in BaS, if you want a summoner you have to play that race. And coming from Tera, I know that a very big percentage of players

absolutely loathe this style of race, which makes it very weird as a design choice to lock a class to such a race.

In a game where the race has no game mechanics attached to it, we all pick the race based on appearance/aesthetics or background story. It doesn't make any sense to lock classes to specific

races. Let players have choice. I know animations are costly to make so I'm not suggesting to make every class accessible from every race but there should be at least a total of 2 choices so you can find something that looks good to you.

I actually do agree with you, though personally I love lyn. Still, the problem with animations isn't solved. They'd either need new ones or have to give some race animations which really don't fit them. Imagine anything taller than a Lyn waving sticks and cattails over their head all the time. You also have the crying animation when summoning the cat.

Although... if you try playing around with character creation, you can make some decently sized Lyn. Also, cat ears are relatively subtle if you aren't into the whole animal thing. They're never gonna be as macho as Gon, but heck, who'd expect a caster to be anyways?

2 hours ago, Nodens said:

This weird lollita-style race was also in Tera but there

you could just avoid it, no class was locked to it.

Pretty sure that's wrong, lol. I know Elin have at the very least 2 exclusive classes (Reaper and Ninja?).

As for Summoners, the class wouldn't work with any other race.  If you want to play it get over yourself and pick a Lyn.  It does make sense to lock them to Lyn, because Blade Dancers and Summoners were specifically designed (by and) for Lyn.

2 minutes ago, Vexe said:

It does make sense to lock them to Lyn, because Blade Dancers and Summoners were specifically designed (by and) for Lyn.

Designed by Lyn? As in the players? Love learning new stuff about the game's creation.

Side note, but hoping warlock comes close to how awesome the concept art summoners were.

I really wanted to play a jin char but none of those classes were ranged so i went with summoner even tho i dont like the race, i would ve picked a FM but gender locked race is just no and gons are ugly af =( So im really excited for warlock so I can have my jin ranged char ^-^

I simply made mine a male character, ugly as hell and gave it the most manly voice. Gave the cat that Sandkitty outfit so it doesn't look as disgusting and done. If you have to make a Lyn, atleast you're not forced to look like a pedophile with a cat fetish. Sadly most people still decide to anyway.

Playing as a kid? Must be a pedophile! I bet everyone who plays Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Avalon Code (great game), certain Final Fantasy games, and a mountain of other games with child protagonist are all pedophiles.

Really, I can understand that some people dislike cute themes. That's all fine and good. People are different and providing they stay off my lawn I'm not going to get in their faces about it. But this view... Not everyone creates a character because they think it'll somehow make up for the lack of any romance in their lives. My other theory is there's a bunch of kids who play the game and somehow they think the whole age hierarchy of childhood applies to the game as well as their school playground. Or perhaps it's just a bunch of rude people...

Just ticks me off every time I see it... Probably just a pet peeve. I loved being a kid, had a great time growing up with plenty of friends and good adults I looked up to. Later I had jobs tutoring and being a camp counselor for three years. To me each character in a video game is an identity I get to wear for a while, and if I can be a kid in it I'll enjoy the heck out of it. There are other reasons to, like simply enjoying cute things or loving to play small characters due to the illusion that they move faster and are playing in a bigger world. But for me the main reason is a reminder of good times. Is there anything wrong with that? So despite the irony, grow up. 

okay but like, i kinda understand what op is talking about. its not because of them feeling like a pedo or anything like that, lyn gets 2 exclusive classes and its just not fair compared to everyone else; think about it gon and jin have 1 and yun who doesn't have jack. for me, I dont mind lyns or any of the sort, its just the oversexualization by players of a race that is supposed to just be cute. I was so incredibly turned off while playing tera because the elins were extremely sexualized not only by the players but by the game. It wasnt because of "ew its a kid, im no perv" it's because some people come up to other people while they try out the exclsive class of the race and some jerk whispering how tempting my character looked and what orifice they wanted to deface. now, idk if that happens here, i havent played any of the classes as a lyn and the community doesnt seem as disgusting, but what i do agree on is that other races should get some attention, i dont think warlock counts with it, its on two classes whatever, yun needs serious love...

and @ everyone else up there taking dumps on the races, you know there's sliders right? like you can make the proportions similar, you dont need to sit around with the premade ones. as for genderlocked races too, lol its a game, no one's gonna question your sexuality or think of you differently as a person.

11 hours ago, Nodens said:

In fact make all classes available to at least 2 races. Race exclusives are bad. I really want to play a summoner (I want to play ALL classes--curently have Assassin and KFM)

but I can't absolutely stand the Lyn race. It feels like playing with a kid character and as a 38 year old player I find it weird at best. This weird lollita-style race was also in Tera but there

you could just avoid it, no class was locked to it. Now in BaS, if you want a summoner you have to play that race. And coming from Tera, I know that a very big percentage of players

absolutely loathe this style of race, which makes it very weird as a design choice to lock a class to such a race.

In a game where the race has no game mechanics attached to it, we all pick the race based on appearance/aesthetics or background story. It doesn't make any sense to lock classes to specific

races. Let players have choice. I know animations are costly to make so I'm not suggesting to make every class accessible from every race but there should be at least a total of 2 choices so you can find something that looks good to you.

In Tera reaper was exclusive to the animal race also 

10 hours ago, Vexe said:

Pretty sure that's wrong, lol. I know Elin have at the very least 2 exclusive classes (Reaper and Ninja?).

As for Summoners, the class wouldn't work with any other race.  If you want to play it get over yourself and pick a Lyn.  It does make sense to lock them to Lyn, because Blade Dancers and Summoners were specifically designed (by and) for Lyn.

First of all, when I played Tera Reaper and Ninja did not exist. No race locked class existed. If they do now, that's new to me. The only reason I made the reference with Tera is that it also uses that cute kid-like race as I'm guessing it's something popular in Korea and it was a game I played quite a while and was very familiar with it. Had I be playing Tera when and if they introduced classes locked to Elin, I would make the exact same post there.

Secondly, "summoners wouldn't work with any other race" is your opinion and nothing more. Do not present your opinion as fact. Lorewise, the writers can do anything they want. They could have the Lyn race tutor the Jin race in the secrets of summoning. Whatever creative process produces the result.  The only problem is actually one of resources. Like Kure said, they have to make the class animations for another race and that comes with expenses.

Thirdly, telling me to "get over myself and play a Lyn" is simply childish, at best. I do not have to play something that I don't like the aesthetics of. I don't like cute things. I don't like cuddly things, I don't like rainbow ponies. Some like them, you like them obviously (I mean cute things, not rainbow ponies heh). I don't. It's as simple as that. You're telling me that I should FORCE myself to play a race I absolutely don't like because I want to play ALL the classes the game has to offer. If you find that logical, then I rest my case.

Also the issue is not about being called a pedophile or whatever. It's the fact the we ALL have different aesthetics. We all like some things and we don't like other things. I don't like playing kid characters. Ever. Others don't like playing macho characters or dark characters or female/male characters or whatever. The point is that the player should have a CHOICE to make their character into how they like them to be. That is the point of character creation. To make a character according to your own personal aesthetics. Locking classes to races in entirely counter-productive when it comes to that. And I'm not talking about just Summoner, I'm talking in general, no class should be locked to a single race. I started this thread with the summoner case because that's the only race that's against my OWN personal aesthetics. It's one I could never force myself to play and yet I will have to. Kure above enjoys the race and that's really really cool. Someone else doesn't like the Gon race and that's also very very cool. The point is the player should have at least a choice. Even the summoner's pet cat is too "cute" for me but I can live with that. You see with the cats you have choices..and the black one is good enough for me.

The sad part is that I am a PVPer and I have a habit to master all available classes so I know all their strengths and weaknesses. Know how to counter what and what exactly does what. Due to this mentality, at some point I will be forced to make a summoner. So I will be forced into playing for countless of hours something I don't like looking at. For this reason it will be the last alt that I make, hoping that at some point race-locked classes will get alternatives. It just happens that I can make characters that I personally like with the other race locked classes but that doesn't mean that I don't mind them being locked as well. I'm pretty sure there are countless players that hate the looks of x race and would like to make y class with any of the other three. That should be possible.

I like the Lyn, but am always a fan of choice. The write up for how the summoner class was created fit the Lyn pretty exclusively. Now if the Lycanni became a playable option, for Jin, could see them being summoners. They would need some slightly different animations and maybe a wolf instead of the cat? Don't really see this happening anytime soon.

Gon Summoner, anyone?

Joking aside, I think that Summoner is made for Lyn race with all cute and childish animation, together with cartoonish cat. If any other race ever has a summoner class, it would be a class of their own style instead of copy-paste Summoner's skills and animation, similar to Blade Master vs Blade Dancer.

For example, Yun with a bird/phoenix, but it's the master who fight with *insert your favourite weapon here* (a fan or a whip is nice) and protect the pet, while the pet is the glass-canon archer type that shoot feather/fireball and provides the master with buff.

11 hours ago, Nodens said:

Thirdly, telling me to "get over myself and play a Lyn" is simply childish, at best. I do not have to play something that I don't like the aesthetics of. I don't like cute things. I don't like cuddly things, I don't like rainbow ponies. Some like them, you like them obviously (I mean cute things, not rainbow ponies heh). I don't. It's as simple as that. You're telling me that I should FORCE myself to play a race I absolutely don't like because I want to play ALL the classes the game has to offer. If you find that logical, then I rest my case.

Hurr durr herp derp.

But surprise surprise you DO want to play something cute and cuddly. A summoner.

@Pacma: I will try to do something to that extend. Although I did try it for half an hour already with not much luck.

@Kosuki: Apart from that hilarious video, your concept idea is very very good. You could have summoners with the exact same skills/mechanics but different animations/familiars. That would be awesome. I would like a Wolf for Jin and something BIG for Gon heh.

@Vexe: At this point I choose to ignore any further posts from you. It obvious that it's not that you fail to understand what I am saying but you are doing it on purpose in order to provoke and/or ridicule the conversation. Since you have nothing constructive to say, like every other poster in this thread, there's no point replying to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt BnS would ever let another race have the summoner class --- seems like they're more focused on releasing "newer" classes + they would also have to design new animations + the idea of a huge Gon wielding a huge catnip stick and swinging it side to side makes me lol I mean, I totally get what you mean. I would love to play a Lynn destroyer mainly because I like the idea of being tiny and wielding a huge ass wep, but the idea will never reach BnS (sadly). 

Otherwise, there's a lot of players who play Lynn because 1) they're cute, 2) smaller hit box (or so it feels like), 3) killing someone while being 10x smaller than them and looming over them with your fluffy ears and tail evilly --- anyways, if you're having trouble making a Lynn that isn't so childlike --- I would suggest making the eyes more narrow, lips corners more downward so that they're more serious looking, eyebrows positioned more closer down to the eyes and furrowed as well, make the limbs longer (don't forget the waist so the anatomy isn't horrid) and adjust head width/size.

Avoid having big eyes because usually they're perceived as childlike and innocent --- could use diff voices like Grim Tidings (???), I use that for my Jin Warlock mainly because the attack voice is really good (not a fan of the throaty sounding emotes though) ... If anything, you could go to the Fan Creation section and ask for suggestions or for anyone to help with a preset or some sort.

Just some tips/suggestions since it's doubtful that Summoner will be open to other races. 

On 2/29/2016 at 11:56 PM, Nodens said:

ever think of making a teenage looking lyn? you can make them tall after all somewhat similar to a jin's hight

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2016 at 11:56 PM, Nodens said:

Actually, reapers are locked to Elins.

Archived