Arena PvP is not equalized fully and its a problem

Not sure how it is in other regions, but so far it looks very concerning.

Some Hongmoon skills can only be acquired from rare drops in hard dungeons and go for a lot of gold, so even if one drops and you aren't doing the dungeon with friends you have to bid a lot to get it. As game balance will revolve around these skills having them or not will be very significant difference. Besides BSH4 seems like there will be 3 more dungeon skillbooks.

Far better would be if within arena you would have all released hongmoon skills unlocked, now it will be Pay2Win, because if you farm a lot/buy gold you will afford something that will give you advantage. Also this will make arena very alt-unfriendly, imagine at lvl 50 HM1 character with no hongmoon skills vs HM20 with everything.

Pay to win is paying real life cash for something to gives you, the combatant, an edge which is not available through IN GAME MEANS. 

Aka...Game is not pay to win for the skills, as you can get them IN GAME.

My suggestion:

Start farming, and get your skill. (Heck even if you dont win the skill the 1st time it drops, you should get a pretty chunk of gold to bid the next time it drops and so on.) 

(Also you should be making apx 20g a day at level 45, which would= 140g a week, so even if a skill is lets say 600g it'd only take 4.2weeks MAX.)

Then again that's NOT including selling soulstones, moonwater tears, or any kind of drops in the game from dailies. So lets say including everything you should gain a net of 30g a day, 210/wk, which would fall just shy of 3 weeks to get your skill @a 600g price tag.)

Now if you'd like to farm for more items to sell, you can change the time it takes to make gold. 

And wait:

That's all WITHOUT relying on the RNG in game.

@Mishi

I like how you think I should treat this game as an unpaid second job  in order to get a skill book that allows me to be equal to other players.

Let's not even talk discrepancy pricing, or how unrealistic the time constraints you list can be.

Because, u can do it, so we all can amirite?

Fact is gold sellers will make bank, bots will get more OP, and legit interested players will pass for a better game.

I got my hm skill and the majority of the gold i used to buy it comes from doing arena and buying soul stone pouches. HM leveling takes ages, i agree on that. Especially if you´re not doing all the pve dailies you could do every day, witch i well... don´t. I´m HM3 now. I´m fine with my HM level as i currently don´t really NEED more skill points necessarily, but ofc it would not hurt either.

So... i don´t see skill books as a big issue, but if they release like HM20, it´s still not going to be an issue for my current main i already have, because there is most deffinitely going to be enough time in between that i can keep up with HM levels with my 1 char i already have. However if i ever want to switch to another class or something like that it´s going to be annoying if there are that many HM levels (like .... 20). However currently it´s not that bad, imo.

29 minutes ago, Mishi said:

Oh I don't care if you or anyone spend 30 minutes or 3 hours in the game. That's personal preference. 

However I was explaining how the game is not pay to win. 

No it is not, in a sense that you can work on it and get this, but it can be, since technically you can buy gold with NCoins and buy skillbooks with that gold.

Btw Lightning Draw Volume 2 on EU AH was 300g last I checked, so even if you manage to farm 20g/day it would be several weeks of grind just for that.

Also the balance at 50, how that will work out.

Imagine you are returning for lvl50 to check out the game, you get into arena and face a summoner. You have no legendaries while the summoner has them, in addition to more points. The matchup ends up more one-sided than what we have at lvl45.

IMO the arena PvP in this game would be better if it was like in Guild Wars 2, where it was separate from PvE, everybody is on equal footing and the only deciding factor left is skill.

HM levels and skills are infact really good design in a sense as it makes you have to commit at playing one character to gain maximum power level. If it was easy and fast to get max hm level and skills for arena, then way more people would be rerolling the fotm class of the patch even more than now. Getting 300g is not even hard anyway, just play arena, buy soulstones with zen beans and sell them. Don't want everyone to reroll scummoner of kfm right? ..

I dont like that system either. I play blade and soul for its pvp arena and not to farm some stupid hm books in some stupid dungeons 100 times. I dont have a problem with the HM lvl cause i get some exp in arena too. I work 9 hours a day and when i come home i just wanna log in and do some arena matches and dont go farm...

But i believe they dont change that system. So when lvl 50 is out i hope getting these books will be easier (faster)

2 hours ago, Nocte said:

@Mishi

I like how you think I should treat this game as an unpaid second job  in order to get a skill book that allows me to be equal to other players.

Let's not even talk discrepancy pricing, or how unrealistic the time constraints you list can be.

Fact is gold sellers will make bank, bots will get more OP, and legit interested players will pass for a better game.

Nowhere it says that everyone should be having those skills or that everyone can do it. Only those who can and are willing to put in the effort required will.  It's an MMORPG, it requires time and farming. If you don't have the time or are not willing to farm then this might not be the genre for you.

33 minutes ago, Ch4oskn1ght said:

I dont like that system either. I play blade and soul for its pvp arena and not to farm some stupid hm books in some stupid dungeons 100 times. I dont have a problem with the HM lvl cause i get some exp in arena too. I work 9 hours a day and when i come home i just wanna log in and do some arena matches and dont go farm...

But i believe they dont change that system. So when lvl 50 is out i hope getting these books will be easier (faster)

If you work 9 hours a day that doesn't mean you should be getting those HM skills handed to you. You don't work for free, you earn real money.

4 minutes ago, Zadawny said:

If you work 9 hours a day that doesn't mean you should be getting those HM skills handed to you. You don't work for free, you earn real money.

Nah, i dont want those skills to be free. I just came up with this because the topic was "equalized arena" and like the threadstarter said it isnt that actually. I dont like that system doesnt mean i dont accept it. I dont have a choice, i have to accept it and farm those skills or dont use them. I believe most HM skills arent necessary for pve anyway. At least as an assassin you rb f trhough all dungeons and dont need any HM skills.

1 hour ago, Somnolence said:

No it is not, in a sense that you can work on it and get this, but it can be, since technically you can buy gold with NCoins and buy skillbooks with that gold.

Btw Lightning Draw Volume 2 on EU AH was 300g last I checked, so even if you manage to farm 20g/day it would be several weeks of grind just for that.

Imagine you are returning for lvl50 to check out the game, you get into arena and face a summoner. You have no legendaries while the summoner has them, in addition to more points. The matchup ends up more one-sided than what we have at lvl45.

IMO the arena PvP in this game would be better if it was like in Guild Wars 2, where it was separate from PvE, everybody is on equal footing and the only deciding factor left is skill.

If you play less then other people, you will never ever be on equal footing, be it skillwise, gear related issues, understanding mechanics, applying said mechanics and skill and various other things i am forgetting.

Time played equals Overall better knowledge.

Even in any other game, if you only play 2-3 hours a day, the guy that plays 20 hours a day will have a lead on you that you can never bridge.

But pay2win applies only to stuff that you can "ONLY" get through real life cash, if you can farm it, buy it with ingame currency it is not pay2win, because you can play to get it yourself.

3 hours ago, Somnolence said:

The game is not Pay to win, it is PLAY to win. 

Yes you can pay for the convenience of not having to "Play" and farm your skills. 

That however doesn't make it Pay to win though. (As you can get the same skills while PAYING NO real life cash on the game.)

Which is the only thing I had commented on. 

I didn't comment on it being 100% fair I commented on you saying BnS Arena is pay to win, which it isn't.

As for "returning" for lvl50 cap, and being behind:

It's a common mechanic in most games which makes it to where players need to stick around.

IMHO if this was GW2, then you'd see everyone rerolling a flavor of the month class, as they do in GW2, which in turn causes Arenanet to constantly add in fixes, patches for skill for Arena and botches up WvW, and the rest of the game mechanics. Blade and Soul is not GW2, and was not primarily developed for the Western MMORPG players, it was released for western players years after the game came out in the east. GW2 was primarily made for western players, and as such constantly changed. (Want to pick out differences we could play that game non stop as I've played GW2 since beta, but feel free to do that via PM and not forums as it just takes this thread WAY off topic.)

Anyways back to your post and off my lil GW2 sidetracked rant:

Complaining that you'd be behind at lvl 50cap, because you didn't stick around and work on your character, is about the same as a level 20 going into Arena, vs a lvl 45 and complaining they didn't have their skills. It DOESN'T mean that Arena is PAY to win, it does however mean arena is PLAY to win. 

Also be glad on EU its only 300g. It bounces between 400-600g on NA. 

Also the 300g, wouldn't take to long to obtain. 

15 days (2 weeks+1day, if your dailies only net you 20g.)

If you sell items, ect... (As you wouldn't be using any for gear since you only want to pvp in arena which isnt gear dependent.)

It would take you apx: 10 days.

Oh and that's at 3 hours- possible 4 of playing each day. Max.(And includes NO general farming at all.)

I can somewhat live with the high price for Hongmoon skills. Perhaps this'll be a bigger issue in the future when more are unlocked, however farming gold is relatively easy right now. I'm more against the Hongmoon levels. There's no efficient way to grind experience from what I know. No matter what you do, it's an incredibly slow process. Not only does this discourage people from making multiple characters, it also discourages new players from trying. Imagine when Hongmoon 20 arrives. You literally can't do arena properly until you play the game for months, every day, farming and farming until you finally reach a decent Hongmoon level. Doesn't sound encouraging does it.

5 hours ago, Nocte said:

@Mishi

are u reading what u are writing? so u expect that in an mmo u can play for 2 hrs farm for 1 hr and u really expect to be equal to someone who plays for 4hrs and farm for 2? if thats how it worked how would that be any sort of fair? if u want to be equal to the guy grinding his ass for 6-10 hrs a day on a video game u have to also grind ur ass for 6-10 hrs a day or pray to RNGeezus that u happen upon some item that can throw off all that farming cuz it sure as hell aint gonna happen, and if u really think that u are entitled to what X-Dude has after working his ass for that long without any effort then u needa get ur head checked.

1 hour ago, RudeBwoii said:

are u reading what u are writing? so u expect that in an mmo u can play for 2 hrs farm for 1 hr and u really expect to be equal to someone who plays for 4hrs and farm for 2? if thats how it worked how would that be any sort of fair? if u want to be equal to the guy grinding his ass for 6-10 hrs a day on a video game u have to also grind ur ass for 6-10 hrs a day or pray to RNGeezus that u happen upon some item that can throw off all that farming cuz it sure as hell aint gonna happen, and if u really think that u are entitled to what X-Dude has after working his ass for that long without any effort then u needa get ur head checked.

That's exactly how PvP should be. Quality over quantity and all that. The best player should win, not the player that spent most time grinding meaningless "content". The grinding can still remain important for WPvP and PvE for all I care. If they want this to turn into an eSport in the west, get rid of the grinding required.

Archived