Petition for a South American server

DuenDi

Op makes a great case. +1 I support the idea of better access to all games for everyone is SA. So far here on BnS I have met and played with two SA players and in each case our first topic of conversation was the bad ping these guys have to put up with and how SA does not get the access to official servers for games. My friend from Rio tells me about wanting to try out Black Desert for example but he can't because his region is locked out. I do really hope SA players start getting the attention and server access they need. If SA gets established as a region for BnS so that they have their own servers my only regret will be not seeing these guys in game anymore xD.

Since this thread was created more and more games have a South America server and some of them didn't even translated the game to Spanish/Portuguese. Because the players already knows english and do not mind learning it if needed.

NCsoft could give it a shot, make an Alpha version here or beta to see how big the market would be.

Again: YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRANSLATE THE GAME FOR US. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Uma postagem desta não pode morrer, vamos dar "up" para que a NCSOFT saiba que tem mercado para um servidor Latin America de Blade & Soul, ainda mais que este ano chega BLack Desert nao é possivel que a NCSOFT nao esteja vendo isso.

SA own server is a good idea but I don't see in your proposal how they're gonna make money out of people in SA which is a big factor for happening. I hate to say this but SA has a lot of third world countries and has a "low buying power" compare to the people in NA. Just saying don't flame me for saying this...

Top 100 Countries by Game Revenues.

https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-100-countries-by-game-revenues/

I did not do the math and do not count on Mexico but looks like is the same or more than Korea.

And i dont think this will happen. Just remembre KR has passed from PTP for FTP this Just wants to say that the game is not going well over there.

Mas força nisso Zucas :)

Not everyone makes a request on this subject
And providing information of interest to the company
But you know what disappoints me ...
That is so much the interest of ncsoft to open a server in Latin America
That no GM, or manager of the company has written
"We value your comment"
"We appreciate your comment"
"Your comment we will consider"
--

I consider, that ncsoft is not a company that invests in its clients.
Companies that if they do are blizzard, riot ...
And that is reflected in two things ...
1- these two companies have more fidelity of their clients "players" are more faithful to continue consuming the products of that company
2- The profits of these companies are higher.
And both try to maintain a balance between people who invest money and those who can not. Without unbalancing the current game system.
And if any of the company reads this message, and it bothers you, it's because it's true
And if it does not bother you, it's because it's true too

• 6 months later...

I support, and great initiation. It would be great if NCsoft looked a little more for the SA players, not needing a server necessarily in the SA but a server with a special route, we have the Black Desert for example with servers located in Miami with exclusive routes arriving to catch 40 50 of MS Here is my support for the cause.

That is a great idea 1+ but if all south american people left na server will be dead haha jk.
i dont know i mean if it happens ill be really happy but i dont see it happening anytime soon, maybe 1-2 years in the future like BDO or maybe when NA servers doesnt make them enough money, then i think they will put SA servers in miami haha 

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem as many here and those who play. a ping of 220 to 500 for me is frustrating having to only be able to play classes from a distance and not be able to enjoy the classes to melee for the reason that is done injudge to dodge etc. always being a backpack for my clan people for a low damage for not being able to do a fast rotation etc. We need a server closer to be able to change the game experience and enjoy it better. please NCsoft think about your people too

You must be [edited - PhoenixMitra] if you think south american countries will enjoy playing at brazilian servers... it will be the same as playing NA, Brazilian servers suck. The only ones playing with low ping will be Brazilians themselves and that's stupid, even worse, you guys are the only ones in south american who don't speak spanish, so how's that fair for all of the other countries? WTB ncsoft added portuguese to the game and you guys are the minority, they didn't even add spanish to the game and the spanish speaking population is higher than the portuguese one... so be happy with what you got, even if most of you don't speak english, at least you have portuguese added to the game to make your life easier.

Do you know why i know ncsoft will never have a south american server? it's because the NA server sucks and they don't care about it, so why would they care about having another one just for us? when that means more money out of their pockets just to make non english speking players happy. Won't happen, forget about it.

Edited by PhoenixMitra
Language.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Even if you go to change.org and collect 150 millions signatures it's not going to happen because they don't need to do anything you will still play the game and give them money so if 20 of you guys quit the game ncsoft will not care because they still have hundreds of players willing to pay more and more and they will not leave.

The chance of getting them to open more servers for BnS is very slim now. When BnS first released there used to be 8 servers for NA and 8 servers for EU if I recall correctly. Now there is only two servers for good reasons. There is just not enough player base to justify keeping more servers then what is needed.

My gut tells me they will keep the bare minimum amount of servers. Then keep on dishing out new game content/updates once in a while just to milk as much real money as they can. Then once the profit is not to their liking they will pull the plug.

• 7 months later...