Petition for a South American server

DuenDi

As a brazillian who got used to lag on games since the early ages of internet I want to say some things:

People here who usually get the responsibility of maintain the "south american" servers do an awful job.

MMOs are for me an opportunity of socialize with people all around the world. Obvious I'm discarding the increasing number of noxious ones (meta players with their selfishness and rude brats).

I find really annoying when I try to experiment a new MMO and is IP blocked. Developers say that is for the better, what I have my disagreements. Players call us "lagers" out of their ignorance. And I'm here just trying to socialize in a good way, and get hammered when I share opinions over the internet. Isn't life unnecessary problematic? =/

2 hours ago, Shaidon said:

As a brazillian who got used to lag on games since the early ages of internet I want to say some things:

People here who usually get the responsibility of maintain the "south american" servers do an awful job.

MMOs are for me an opportunity of socialize with people all around the world. Obvious I'm discarding the increasing number of noxious ones (meta players with their selfishness and rude brats).

I find really annoying when I try to experiment a new MMO and is IP blocked. Developers say that is for the better, what I have my disagreements. Players call us "lagers" out of their ignorance. And I'm here just trying to socialize in a good way, and get hammered when I share opinions over the internet. Isn't life unnecessary problematic? =/

Well, you're probably considering companies that "lend" their games to brazilian companies, which is not the purpose of the topic. On this topic/petition we are asking for NCSoft to host a server here, having themselves as responsibles, employing some south americans for translation/support/administration in-game and forum.

Indeed MMORPGs are really good for socialization with people around the world, It surely helped me alot, as I learned my english all by myself playing MMORPGs, but that's not the main point of it. Blade and Soul is, by its nature, a competitive game, made and constantly updated for being competitive and with that said, we, the South American players can't get equal opportunity on the competitive scene, as we have pings around 150~300 and playing against people with 15~100 all the time.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but theres a very very very slim chance this will happen and a petition doesnt really do anything other then show NC how bad ppl want it which they are aware of. Example oceanic servers people wanted since release, people asked and asked and asked and the answer was and still is at this time:No. Again i dont want to sound like an @$$ but jus telling how it is, also if they can barely maintain 2 servers (which both are being done horribly) then how do u think they are gonna set up a 3rd server?

I made this video showing a difference between high ping and low ping.
It doesn't need any explanation...

Dota2, CS:GO, League of Legends, WoW, Aion and many other games has servers in Brazil and they ALL SUCCEEDED.

South America gaming scenario is HUGE, there's south american teams on all the ESL's around the world in all the games.

I'm from Brazil and the average internet speed here is 20mb/s. In big cities like São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro you can easily find people with Optic Fiber 100mb/s + connection.

NCsoft, give it a try, make an Alpha server here to test and see how it goes. There's more than 8 countries FULL of players to get into the south american server. I dare to say it gonna have more players than NA, not exagerating and not dreaming. You have no idea how many players south america has.

Most people have average internet (15~20mb/s) and average computer (i5+gtx560) more than enough to run BnS with good quality.

You don't have to re-do the voice acting, just translate the subtitles. The issue is: Brazil speaks portuguese while all the other south american countries speaks Spanish.

But we brazilians are very used to never have a translation and yet our gaming market is IMENSELLY BIG. 

Make the Alpha server with english only, we don't care, because we want a better gameplay where only a LOW PING allows it. Then later on you add the translation to subtitles and we're done.

On 26/03/2016 at 4:50 PM, dmoe33 said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but theres a very very very slim chance this will happen and a petition doesnt really do anything other then show NC how bad ppl want it which they are aware of. Example oceanic servers people wanted since release, people asked and asked and asked and the answer was and still is at this time:No. Again i dont want to sound like an @$$ but jus telling how it is, also if they can barely maintain 2 servers (which both are being done horribly) then how do u think they are gonna set up a 3rd server?

You have a point, yes. But if we look at the big gaming market in south america we ask why Brazil has a server for every big game out there. LoL, Dota2, CS GO, WoW and many others. Why? Because those companies saw how many players they could have and it was worth the investment, you see south america teams in every single ESL around the world.

I think Australia is more likely to have a server because of main language, NCSoft wouldn't have to translate anything. But they have less players than south america.

• Like 1

Just now, dmoe33 said:

Oh yea im sure they are aware of that but they either 1 dont care or 2 they just dont have the resources or dont want to. As i said how are they gonna open up a 3rd server when both servers have issues and EU is constantly crashing? Im in NA and i get like anywhere from 200-400 ping open world and arena and im in NA yes im far away from the servers but still my ping shouldent be NEARLY that high. EU seen ppl there have like 100-200 ping some people live in the same city as the servers and they get like 200 ping. To answer ur question on why those other games have it and bns dosnt is cause 1 bns is originally in KR (idk bout others) 2 those are wayyyyy better managed and they actually CARE about their players and 3 they have a lot more publicity and resources available. Your points are very valid and they didnt give us a reason to why there is no server for u or why there are so many ingame issues so basically they dont care which is the same for all the other problems for the game and it sucks cause as u said ping is very important  

So you're saying, the whole problem of everything here is: NCSoft. 
lol :D

8 minutes ago, raik7 said:

Dota2, CS:GO, League of Legends, WoW, Aion and many other games has servers in Brazil and they ALL SUCCEEDED.

South America gaming scenario is HUGE, there's south american teams on all the ESL's around the world in all the games.

I'm from Brazil and the average internet speed here is 20mb/s. In big cities like São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro you can easily find people with Optic Fiber 100mb/s + connection.

NCsoft, give it a try, make an Alpha server here to test and see how it goes. There's more than 8 countries FULL of players to get into the south american server. I dare to say it gonna have more players than NA, not exagerating and not dreaming. You have no idea how many players south america has.

Most people have average internet (15~20mb/s) and average computer (i5+gtx560) more than enough to run BnS with good quality.

You don't have to re-do the voice acting, just translate the subtitles. The issue is: Brazil speaks portuguese while all the other south american countries speaks Spanish.

But we brazilians are very used to never have a translation and yet our gaming market is IMENSELLY BIG. 

Make the Alpha server with english only, we don't care, because we want a better gameplay where only a LOW PING allows it. Then later on you add the translation to subtitles and we're done.

You have a point, yes. But if we look at the big gaming market in south america we ask why Brazil has a server for every big game out there. LoL, Dota2, CS GO, WoW and many others. Why? Because those companies saw how many players they could have and it was worth the investment, you see south america teams in every single ESL around the world.

I think Australia is more likely to have a server because of main language, NCSoft wouldn't have to translate anything. But they have less players than south america.

Oh yea im sure they are aware of that but they either 1 dont care or 2 they just dont have the resources or dont want to. As i said how are they gonna open up a 3rd server when both servers have issues and EU is constantly crashing? Im in NA and i get like anywhere from 200-400 ping open world and arena and im in NA yes im far away from the servers but still my ping shouldent be NEARLY that high. EU seen ppl there have like 100-200 ping some people live in the same city as the servers and they get like 200 ping. To answer ur question on why those other games have it and bns dosnt is cause 1 bns is originally in KR (idk bout others) 2 those are wayyyyy better managed and they actually CARE about their players and 3 they have a lot more publicity and resources available. Your points are very valid and they didnt give us a reason to why there is no server for u or why there are so many ingame issues so basically they dont care which is the same for all the other problems for the game and it sucks cause as u said ping is very important  

• Like 1

Aion and many other games has servers in Brazil and they ALL SUCCEEDED.

This makes me wonder why we get requests for BR servers over on the Aion forums, and why those from Brazil play on NA Aion... completely off topic but I'm curious since it seems a considerable amount of lag and other problems could be circumvented if they were to play on their own servers.

'

South american server hosted in the best place for ncsoft and we players or some kind of "bridge" between the continents like was done in Path of Exile if i'm not mistaken. If NCSOFT plans to turn Blade and Soul in a world wide e-sport, thats is needed.
Language is not that important, latency is the main reason!

Edited by Kagami Hirotaka
miss click

On ‎1‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:10 AM, raik7 said:

We had a petition for an Oceanic/SEA server with over 15,000 signs and it got flat out ignored.

See the difference between 112ms vs 10ms? Imagine 200ms+ vs 10ms.

Its not even close to competitive. It's not even close to a joke. it is just downright frustrating and I love my KFM, all I want to do is play my KFM, but I will never be great at it thanks to not having a server closer to Australia. It has caused me to park my KFM for awhile to see if any changes come down the pipeline and I have switched to a Ranged class which just makes me not enjoy the game as much. Every day I play and it just feels cheap, no satisfaction, no real unique feel to it.

The longer this goes on, the more and more I see myself quitting in the not too distant future.

NCsoft had a perfect opportunity to supply us a server in Singapore, the perfect central location for SEA community, but failed. They could of used Japan seeing they already had servers located there and had one localised for SEA, but failed.

Good luck with your endevaours for a server in your area, NCsoft West are not known to care about anything outside NA/EU as they seem to think, this is most of their market.

Edited by Taemek
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to copy/paste something I post some time ago in other forum, but before that i'm going to add something:
If NCsoft decide to make a SA server, please, make something for the actual people in NA servers, but specially for Disciple/Master pack users: Some of us used the name reservation, and some of us got our dream name (I got one I wanted to use for a loong time in videogame), so, make the opportunity for us to move our characters with our original names (and ofc, our items and all that) in NA to the SA server, if there's going to be another Name reservation for SA, then do it BEFORE that. If someone wants to change his toon name, then it can do it when it start, but before that, nobody can change it, and if it is going to be like NA, with only 2 names reservations, then only 2 toons can have their names changed.

---

As an Argentinian, i can't really really support the idea for a SA sv.
I would love have like 50 ms, that's true, but the latino community is the worst, btw i'm not saying "all SA people are trash", but everything I can think of a SA sv is:

- A VERY VERY toxic community
- Full of "TROLLS" (Yeah, I know NA is actually full of them, but im pretty sure SA would get even more.)
- Like aco said, the ranked system would be very poor....
- Probably a waste of money, not everyone (myself included, with somethings) can handle every thing of the item mall/market (I forget the name on the official sv), and if NA people are actually saying the game is P2W, you can't imagine how tons of latinos would cry for even the less P2W things, and saying how everything is expensive, that they want things for free and if they doesn't get it, they would start to said that the sv is trash and blah blah.
- Like GefZ said, we have shitty pc. Not everyone, of course but.... (I actually meet more people with great PC... but there's still an high number of people with bad pc, I actually play with REALLY bad FPS, windowed mode and blah blah).

My experience of latino people on B&S (on others sv): I only meet 3 persons of TONS that wasn't people like that.
Everyone else, just insulted everyone who doesnt know how to do a vault/kill a boss, and in the place of explaing to these people, they just went AFK, EVERY-SINGLE-TIME, or just insulted, insulted and insulted.
If not, they where competing for no reasson. Like "oh you just got the dobok i want and i can't get because i dont have the gold/money for buy it? ok, then, f*** you" ( me -> O.o) 
If they was the one who doesnt know how to do a vault, i spend lot of time explaining every single thing for them, tell the same thing like 20 times if they didn't understand, and then all i got was "just shut up moron"....
And something that I am very disappointed about my country (and the rest of SA...) is that "everything is always the game fault".
Oh! The Spider just one shot you because you never use your dodge skills and you have like... 9k of life? "meh, that thing is broken, just nerf it" and that with everything. I seen that on NA too, but not the same way as in LATAM svs of any game/sv of this game.

And looooot of things more, so... I would really REALLY love have less ping (I play on NA with 250-240ms, 200 to 190 with WTFast, Florida sv) but the community make me think thats not really worth, i think that sv would die easily.
If someday they start a SA sv i'll probably make an account and all, but i'm going to play NA mainly.

Note: Maybe i talk in general, but I want to make clear that I AM NOT TELLING THAT ALL LATINOS ARE THE SAME, i would never say that, because I know good people, it's just my mistake because I do not know how to speak english good and sometimes i dont even know how to express some things.
As i said before, all i said is my experience on WHAT I SEE or how i (and other people) feel some things.

Sorry for my english!

Edited by Riliane

45 minutes ago, Riliane said:

I'm going to copy/paste something I post some time ago in other forum, but before that i'm going to add something:
If NCsoft decide to make a SA server, please, make something for the actual people in NA servers, but specially for Disciple/Master pack users: Some of us used the name reservation, and some of us got our dream name (I got one I wanted to use for a loong time in videogame), so, make the opportunity for us to move our characters with our original names (and ofc, our items and all that) in NA to the SA server, if there's going to be another Name reservation for SA, then do it BEFORE that. If someone wants to change his toon name, then it can do it when it start, but before that, nobody can change it, and if it is going to be like NA, with only 2 names reservations, then only 2 toons can have their names changed.

---

As an Argentinian, i can't really really support the idea for a SA sv.
I would love have like 50 ms, that's true, but the latino community is the worst, btw i'm not saying "all SA people are trash", but everything I can think of a SA sv is:

- A VERY VERY toxic community
- Full of "TROLLS" (Yeah, I know NA is actually full of them, but im pretty sure SA would get even more.)
- Like aco said, the ranked system would be very poor....
- Probably a waste of money, not everyone (myself included, with somethings) can handle every thing of the item mall/market (I forget the name on the official sv), and if NA people are actually saying the game is P2W, you can't imagine how tons of latinos would cry for even the less P2W things, and saying how everything is expensive, that they want things for free and if they doesn't get it, they would start to said that the sv is trash and blah blah.
- Like GefZ said, we have shitty pc. Not everyone, of course but.... (I actually meet more people with great PC... but there's still an high number of people with bad pc, I actually play with REALLY bad FPS, windowed mode and blah blah).

My experience of latino people on B&S (on others sv): I only meet 3 persons of TONS that wasn't people like that.
Everyone else, just insulted everyone who doesnt know how to do a vault/kill a boss, and in the place of explaing to these people, they just went AFK, EVERY-SINGLE-TIME, or just insulted, insulted and insulted.
If not, they where competing for no reasson. Like "oh you just got the dobok i want and i can't get because i dont have the gold/money for buy it? ok, then, f*** you" ( me -> O.o) 
If they was the one who doesnt know how to do a vault, i spend lot of time explaining every single thing for them, tell the same thing like 20 times if they didn't understand, and then all i got was "just shut up moron"....
And something that I am very disappointed about my country (and the rest of SA...) is that "everything is always the game fault".
Oh! The Spider just one shot you because you never use your dodge skills and you have like... 9k of life? "meh, that thing is broken, just nerf it" and that with everything. I seen that on NA too, but not the same way as in LATAM svs of any game/sv of this game.

And looooot of things more, so... I would really REALLY love have less ping (I play on NA with 250-240ms, 200 to 190 with WTFast, Florida sv) but the community make me think thats not really worth, i think that sv would die easily.
If someday they start a SA sv i'll probably make an account and all, but i'm going to play NA mainly.

Note: Maybe i talk in general, but I want to make clear that I AM NOT TELLING THAT ALL LATINOS ARE THE SAME, i would never say that, because I know good people, it's just my mistake because I do not know how to speak english good and sometimes i dont even know how to express some things.
As i said before, all i said is my experience on WHAT I SEE or how i (and other people) feel some things.

Sorry for my english!

I understand where you're coming from with people from SA being sort of... not kind or complaining a lot. 

I have a close friend in Brazil and as much as I love him dearly, he *can* be a troll, rude, and a bit obnoxious to play with -- I personally figured it was a culture thing, as he has told me a couple times that it is normal to complain a lot in Brazil.  

Buttttt, I love him and we also have a shit ton of fun running dungeons together and playing with other people. So, idk if you'd like to join us, but we are on the Jiwan server. I've met some really cool people there if you ever wanna play >///< 

There have been times when my ping is actually worse than his and I'm lagging behind him. I would love for all places to have their own servers... but can we just fix the problems we have right now first before we start adding more problems? So.. I'm sorry, but as much as I want to support this, I can't right now. I'd rather have NCSoft look into the continuing bot issue, ping issue, DC issue, etc. 

5 hours ago, kittenesse said:

I understand where you're coming from with people from SA being sort of... not kind or complaining a lot. 

I have a close friend in Brazil and as much as I love him dearly, he *can* be a troll, rude, and a bit obnoxious to play with -- I personally figured it was a culture thing, as he has told me a couple times that it is normal to complain a lot in Brazil.  

Buttttt, I love him and we also have a shit ton of fun running dungeons together and playing with other people. So, idk if you'd like to join us, but we are on the Jiwan server. I've met some really cool people there if you ever wanna play >///< 

There have been times when my ping is actually worse than his and I'm lagging behind him. I would love for all places to have their own servers... but can we just fix the problems we have right now first before we start adding more problems? So.. I'm sorry, but as much as I want to support this, I can't right now. I'd rather have NCSoft look into the continuing bot issue, ping issue, DC issue, etc. 

Actually I have a friend for brazil too, but he moved to another server.
I would be glad to join but I'm in Old Man Cho and i don't have plans to move for now.
BTW what he said is true. Here in SA its like "normal" to be a troll/rude, sometimes its OK to do some jokes, but others... not really. I think everything have a limit. And this is something I really hate about where I live. Most of the "jokes" are really bad ones and they end in affecting someone. (For example, bid a lot one item we said before to be for me or for someone else, and its not a tradeable item)