It's time we have Avatar change options on forums

Taybat

The game has been out a month now. We have been asking it since cbt's and alpha. You said it was coming. But WHEN?

I know there are many issues that need to be dealt with first that our more important.

But it is it to much to ask to have this one little thing to make our forum experience more personal?

I'm sick of seeing Hajoon's everywhere.

Please comment if you want Avatar customization.

+1

I both approve and agree with this. Granted they have bigger things to worry about but its been a good amount of time since the CBT's, where I would've expected the forums to support only the ability to post and reply at the least, but a few months and the forums still haven't been fully implemented? To me that just seems a bit silly as it wouldn't take too much to change those things.

I'd like this feature as-well, but I feel the forum actually needs an overhaul along with the website. We are lacking an off-site item database along with character information. Being able to put our in-game characters face as the face on here would be really nice as-well.

I'm definitely up for more forum options, but I feel they should focus on the in-game content more for the moment and leave this for later on. Heck, so far the only way I can tell if staff have posted on a thread is because they have different icons... so they need something for this as-well. (Maybe make the backgrounds of their posts red...)

You can go to Devtracker  and keep up with the latest post pretty much. Also where your see member it say's NCSoft. I would love to see new things added to forums. And yes the game has been out for a bit, but i would much rather see the improvements in game first then worry about forums at a later date. Because be honest without the in game improvements who exactly will be reading the forums.

3 minutes ago, Emberlynia said:

You can go to Devtracker  and keep up with the latest post pretty much. Also where your see member it say's NCSoft. I would love to see new things added to forums. And yes the game has been out for a bit, but i would much rather see the improvements in game first then worry about forums at a later date. Because be honest without the in game improvements who exactly will be reading the forums.

Everyone has a job.

Mods/community manager supposed to be taking care of forums things, and it isn't something hard to fix. they are already using avatars, not sure why we cant Lol.

Most Mods/GM I know multi task, tickets, cs ect. So if i got to wait a bit for a chance to put up a siggy or a avatar over tickets being answered and content being updated in the game, I'll wait. Avatar and siggy are not very high on what i need from the game list right now i guess.

16 minutes ago, Selene said:

Pretty sure their answer is "Soon" ..Lol. like always ..

Edit: and not just avatars

1. fix the log-in thingy, i hate to try 4-5 times till I'm able

2. avatars. 

3. More mods.

The forums need some serious work.

@Yaviey

Hey all,

To comment on Selene's post ~

1. Our web team is working on trying to get it fixed. It works for some users and not others. We are trying to determine what's causing it for the other users so that we can fix it.
  2. Avatars we're also still investigating and this will take more time to set up. Sorry! As soon as you all can use avatars again, we'll definitely let you know!
  3. More mods inc! <3

Thanks for your feedback. We are listening - it just sometimes takes us awhile to get it rolling.

1. Avatars we're also still investigating and this will take more time to set up. Sorry! As soon as you all can use avatars again, we'll definitely let you know

I don't know why you guys have to investigate this.

Personally I don't have a problem with the forums not having custom avatars and signatures. It keeps them clean and neat, no extra memory usage on it. Plus it also means  noone has to deal with stupidity that always finds its way in to both. 

15 hours ago, Yaviey said:

Hey all,

To comment on Selene's post ~

1. Our web team is working on trying to get it fixed. It works for some users and not others. We are trying to determine what's causing it for the other users so that we can fix it.
  2. Avatars we're also still investigating and this will take more time to set up. Sorry! As soon as you all can use avatars again, we'll definitely let you know!
  3. More mods inc! <3

Thanks for your feedback. We are listening - it just sometimes takes us awhile to get it rolling.

Hi Yaviey,

1. I've noticed the logging in issue (at least for me) is due to the fact it logs you in on EVERY NCSoft site and not just BNS and then it redirects you back to the page instead of refreshing it causing you to still appear as logged out. If you do not stay on the page while it is logging you in anywhere it will cut out things and keep you logged out. Going back pages also logs you out.

2. Will this also include changing our server name and also being able to add our character names + their class as-well? That's be very nice to have.

3. Yay, more moderation! 

Getting back to us and discussing things like this with us is a great help as we can understand and see that you are listening and working on things. I feel there should be a stickied thread at the top of General stating all the things you are currently taking into account  / working on so that way threads can be closed which aren't needed and people can then be referred to that thread. Lots of duplicate threads lately about the same issue.

• 2 months later...

An own Avatar would be really nice. Ingame u have a lot of possibilities to individualize urself by the character creation, costumes and so on. So the forum doesn't correspond to this idea if everyone has to have the same avatar/profile picture.

Archived