So... Why did this happen? (Premium Rank)

HoleintheWall

At some point, I am trying to figure out when this occurred, the EXP required to go from premium rank 9 to rank 10 has increased by 330%. That is from 183,999 points to 616,00 points. That is about $800 needed to reach rank 10 from when it used to be about $230 dollars. With NA's current exchange market that is 1600 gold.

Why did this happen? Why did they implement such an unrealistic greedy change? When the hell did this happen? This disappoints me further and I thought I could not be disappointed further...

Here is a link for further numbers and reference: 

Um ok well I guess I can not post links because it turns into that weird ass box, and I can not edit my post because the forum must be in the crapper right now.

Wut...

Got it to work finally. Here is the link for your reference:

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/139533-new-premium-point-analysis-premium-point-costs-increased-for-each-premium-level/

26 minutes ago, HoleintheWall said:

Um ok well I guess I can not post links because it turns into that weird ass box, and I can not edit my post because the forum must be in the crapper right now.

Wut...

Got it to work finally. Here is the link for your reference:

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/139533-new-premium-point-analysis-premium-point-costs-increased-for-each-premium-level/

If you actually read the thread you just posted... Jonathan @Babbletr0n explained why this change happened.

Well, I'm not surprise  here not even a lightest feeling about them. NCsoft is a cash grab company and they will try to do their best for that.

For me I don't care about that if I still enjoy the game I'll play it, when I'm done with it I'll quit simple as that. They will plan shit load of things, plans to get your money but you don't have to buy or support them if you don't want to, premium status meant nothing to some folks.

The only real problem I have with the premium rank/cash shop is that they do not release anything worthwhile to buy for us to level up our ranking... Fine, costumes, but they release 1 good costumes every once in a while.. i wont buy 2347832 costumes...  At least in TW you had RNG box with actual good rewards that you could spam money on. There's not 1 item in the cash shop currently that's even worth buying in bulk, the friendship box was the only thing and they removed it within 2 days.

^^^ They removed the Friendship custom box because that box dropped the venture token like crazy lol.

They are losing money if they keep it longer that's why they silently removed it and never talk about it in forum nor in game.

A guy in my server spend couple hundred hongmoon coins and net over 10k hongmoon coins back from the box LOL.

3 minutes ago, Kromede said:

^^^ They removed the Friendship custom box because that box dropped the venture token like crazy lol.

They are losing money if they keep it longer that's why they silently removed it and never talk about it in forum nor in game.

A guy in my server spend couple hundred hongmoon coins and net over 10k hongmoon coins back from the box LOL.

That assumption too stronk.

6 minutes ago, Kromede said:

They announced the removal of it on stream (i think?) and on the forums/ingame announcement. I dont mind it's removal, I know why it was removed and it's pretty decent reason. I'm not asking them to release another box that gives venture tokens. I dont even care about venture tokens.. I just want a box that actually has good rewards. Look at the Winter Frenzy chest they had. That was shit. Look at every post of people buying hundreds, the loot were ridiculous and far from worth.

What I want is RNG chests like TW, where it gives end-game mats (silverfrost mats, soulstones (not 1 or 3... packs of 25-50-100), legendary materials), Upgrade jewels (weapon/accessories), end game gems (ACCOUNT BOUND!!!!! gems with Attack power bonus on top of their normal effect (Exemple: 120 life drain on crit +3 attack power amethyst like BW one) THAT YOU CAN TRANSMUTE INTO BETTER VERSIONS! (Hexagonal into Heptagonal or whatever the next gem tier is)).

Please Ncsoft... Give me a good reason to throw money at you and I'll spend hundreds every week.. until then, your cash shop is borderline pointless.

5 minutes ago, Myleina said:

They announced the removal of it on stream (i think?) and on the forums/ingame announcement. I dont mind it's removal, I know why it was removed and it's pretty decent reason. I'm not asking them to release another box that gives venture tokens. I dont even care about venture tokens.. I just want a box that actually has good rewards. Look at the Winter Frenzy chest they had. That was shit. Look at every post of people buying hundreds, the loot were ridiculous and far from worth.

What I want is RNG chests like TW, where it gives end-game mats (silverfrost mats, soulstones (not 1 or 3... packs of 25-50-100), legendary materials), Upgrade jewels (weapon/accessories), end game gems (ACCOUNT BOUND!!!!! gems with Attack power bonus on top of their normal effect (Exemple: 120 life drain on crit +3 attack power amethyst like BW one) THAT YOU CAN TRANSMUTE INTO BETTER VERSIONS! (Hexagonal into Heptagonal or whatever the next gem tier is)).

Please Ncsoft... Give me a good reason to throw money at you and I'll spend hundreds every week.. until then, your cash shop is borderline pointless.

It will become P2W and it won't be accept by Western players, it's worked for South East Asia because we have different play style and different culture.

the friendship box was obviously not going to stay in forever idk what gave people the impression it was a permanent addition as it was stated outfits in rng boxes shall be sold seperately on Hongmoon Store in a later date so there wouldnt be a reason to keep it there[claiming NC lost money due to the high venture token drop rate is bull****]..Also no one wants to see bundles on Hongmoon Store with gems like TW etc..so please keep it to urself no one wants Aion 2.0 (: what TW does right is award people who buy 3 month premium as well giving them an outfit and a few more goodies..

I only bought 3 Winter boxes and i got 2 outfits its all about luck..its not NCs fault ppl insisted on it while a dungeon later on drops an almost similar one andddd it would be sold seperately too..

4 hours ago, HoleintheWall said:

That is from 183,999 points to 616,00 points. That is about $800 needed to reach rank 10 from when it used to be about $230 dollars. With NA's current exchange market that is 1600 gold.

Why did this happen? Why did they implement such an unrealistic greedy change?

Hmm, you provided the way to get it for free, so how is NCS being greedy about this? They want you to reach it slower, but it is not like they demand you to spend more money.

They answered this question just before or during headstart I believe on the dojo.

Points required weren't increased, this is how it was meant to be.

I believe it was in this: http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/139533-new-premium-point-analysis-premium-point-costs-increased-for-each-premium-level/page__hl__premium+rank

Have no idea if that link works, I get the same box as OP.

Hold up, that's the same link.. so you just didn't read the reply below the initial post.

Archived