Forums

BoT ..bot

aSin

Man they really should give low tier temp ban powers to players that won't abuse it, (and if they do abuse it, take it away and temp ban them for being morons.)

I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell a bot from a normal player. It could clean up all the WB areas, the wheels...make the game look so much nicer.

MMOs will always have bots.   Get over it.   Each company does the best in its ability to control bots.   Bot runners are some very smart people exploiting any weakness they can find.  Considering the large amount of f2p player base,  they are doing well at this point.   Players buy the gold,  I have done it in a non-NCSoft game.    Competitive players who can't play all day will spend thousands of dollars.  We all can't play 5+ hours a day. 

Of course NC runs bots on the side too,  or there are leaks.    

:end conspiracy theory. 

7 hours ago, Boscodash said:

just got off BDOs forum, they too are complaining about bots and their headstart began yesterday. 

wait... what kind of bs is this? something to make bns players feel better?

how can bdo have bots? they have 4-stage anti-bot/gold sellers system in place just from what i know and i don't even know that much about bdo. also, yesterday head-start was only open to the highest tier package owners only. does it make any sense in your brain for botters/gold sellers to purchase $100 accounts? 

i have never played bdo and i haven't even bought a pack but bdo will not have bots. ever. 

bdo has at the minimum 4-stage anti-bot system in place. what does bns have?

1 hour ago, Fantality said:

how can bdo have bots? they have 4-stage anti-bot/gold sellers system in place just from what i know and i don't even know that much about bdo. also, yesterday head-start was only open to the highest tier package owners only. does it make any sense in your brain for botters/gold sellers to purchase $100 accounts? 

i have never played bdo and i haven't even bought a pack but bdo will not have bots. ever. 

Im playing on headstart in BDO and ive already seen gold spam already advertising. Gold sellers are actual companies that are based in China. Any game whether its free or buy to play or subscription, if it turns them a profit they will do whatever it takes. lol@ 4 stage anti bot system give it 2 weeks after release and youll see that its garbage.

EDIT: BDO is not even close to the holy grail of MMOs. its another sandbox with no end game. This isnt comming from me but reviewers. Beautiful game with good combat but absolutely no pve end game.

4 hours ago, WNxArcticwolf said:

and thats a buy to play game.

Doesn't matter if it's P2P or not, even KR B&S has bots. I really wish I didn delete that photo it was a 40+ train bot in jadestone running to some dungeon.

1 hour ago, HeavensValkyrie said:

Im playing on headstart in BDO and ive already seen gold spam already advertising. Gold sellers are actual companies that are based in China. Any game whether its free or buy to play or subscription, if it turns them a profit they will do whatever it takes. lol@ 4 stage anti bot system give it 2 weeks after release and youll see that its garbage.

EDIT: BDO is not even close to the holy grail of MMOs. its another sandbox with no end game. This isnt comming from me but reviewers. Beautiful game with good combat but absolutely no pve end game.

If you think "no bots and gold sellers" actually means 0 then you're just twisting words to your advantage. No mmorpg has had 0 botters and gold sellers but that doesn't mean there were mmorpgs that triumphed against them. Tera is one of them and so will BDO. I don't play BDO and don't plan to but if you are telling yourself that bdo will be another bns disaster in terms of dealing with botters and gold sellers, you're "something i dont have the words to describe." BDO will succeed against them.

Endgame? BDO is a sandbox mmorpg with completely open world design and more pvp contents than bns will ever have. If you're downgrading a game for their intended design, then the flaw lies within you, not in the game. BDO wasn't intended to have endless portals and loading screens and instanced zones like bns. Please tell me what advantage bns has over bdo for having those ridiculous amount of portals and loading screens... Two identical 24-man raids that is zerg fest and takes no effort or skill, two 4-6 man endgame dungeons that gets cleared with a single try on the day it is released with low tier gear, mushins tower that is special for the first one to five clears depending on people and offers zero replayability other than for gear progression and dailies, etc. 

The only good partial solution to the bot problem is a region block.

This game needs a pretty decent ping to play it enjoyably, and a good ping to play it seriously at all. (and a really good ping to play competitively)

except for maybe very few people, there's only one reason anyone from china would be playing on NA bns, and it's not to actually play the game.

The small amount they can make off botting and gold selling can easily add up to a living wage there.

There is entire companies in China devoted to just botting on games with good populations, whether it be to have farm bots that actually sell the gold, or spam bots that make people visit their sites so they can steal peoples paypal/bank/credit card information (via keylogging or other methods).

It's safe to say, that nearly all of the bots are from china or other countries where very little USD can go a long way (relatively).

It doesn't take a team of people and a ton of money to figure out that a region block is the best current answer to the bot problem.

I'm not saying it would completely fix the problem, but it would make one hell of a difference.

1 hour ago, Dad said:

Doesn't matter if it's P2P or not, even KR B&S has bots. I really wish I didn delete that photo it was a 40+ train bot in jadestone running to some dungeon.

Get real, bdo is f2p in korea. talking without any knowledge thinking they are always right = first world problem.

2 minutes ago, Smo said:

The only good partial solution to the bot problem is a region block.

This game needs a pretty decent ping to play it enjoyably, and a good ping to play it seriously at all. (and a really good ping to play competitively)

except for maybe very few people, there's only one reason anyone from china would be playing on NA bns, and it's not to actually play the game.

The small amount they can make off botting and gold selling can easily add up to a living wage there.

There is entire companies in China devoted to just botting on games with good populations, whether it be to have farm bots that actually sell the gold, or spam bots that make people visit their sites so they can steal peoples paypal/bank/credit card information (via keylogging or other methods).

It's safe to say, that nearly all of the bots are from china or other countries where very little USD can go a long way (relatively).

It doesn't take a team of people and a ton of money to figure out that a region block is the best current answer to the bot problem.

BDO has:

1. region lock
  2. $30 fee to create an account to play
  3. equalized auction house prices
  4. heavily limited trade between players

of which, bns has none of.

3&4 are the only things that may stop gold sellers (and thus bots).  Seems to me that forcing all transactions between players to be "balanced" would almost certainly solve the problem.  And to be honest, I've often wondered why many games don't implement such restrictions.  I can only assume that the ability to help friends/guildmates/etc. by giving them stuff is assumed to offset the downsides of gold selling, and I'm not sure how well the idea of a truely equalized auction house will go over either.  Some people really like to be able to play the market, and if there is any free market at all, then I wouldn't be surprised if gold sellers try to shift the market so some common item(s) has an extremely high price on the market that they can use to move gold around.

(Note:  Region block does diddly.  It's easy enough to circumvent with VPN's and such.)

13 hours ago, Fantality said:

lol dont get what you are being so aggressive about, anyone who has played an ncsoft game knows that its always riddled with bots, my eu server in particular doesnt have much iv only ever seen them in bamboo village.

bns jp doesnt have as much bots as compared to other bns servers not because nc jp are doing things differently but that the japanese community themselves frown at the act of buying gold and pretty much only very few if any actually still go out of their way to do so. 

as long as there are players who want to buy gold, that game will always be riddled with bot and spammers, be it 4 layer security or 20 layers. the only way the botting and gold spam will stop is only when the sellers stop making profit from the games ie players stop buying. which is never gonna happen in the west. 

13 hours ago, Fantality said:

what is this 4 stage anti bot you talking about ???

11 hours ago, HeavensValkyrie said:

BDO is not even close to the holy grail of MMOs. its another sandbox with no end game.

after reading the review and watching some youtube video about it, i feel the same way too... i rather play GTA V for an endless sandbox game.

Archived