What will happen if you do not report bots.

Dad

2 hours ago, zubatusedfly said:

They are not jumping. A gm caused this, or a piece of code is picking up on the bots and throwing them into an infinite loop hell.

Something happened while the bots were farming if I recall, nexon back then had trashy servers and it was so many gold bots the bots had crashed....whatever the hell was holding the server so this happens. Weeks later it happened again in another town and it was so bad the town shut down, any person going to said town would have their character stuck and had to get the devs to help move their char to anther town.

To be honest, I highly doubt reporting a bot actually does anything.  It's pretty much a waste of time to manually ban them when their owners are just gonna bot more.  In the amount of time it takes to manually report and ban a bot, the bot runners can probably make a dozen more.  Any solution needs to be automated/automatic.  Whether that's cutting off their ability to sell the gold, making it unprofitable to sell the gold, behavioral pattern recognition to detect and auto-ban bots, or whatever.

I was in cross-server a few days ago just farming Brightstone Ruins. I was so annoyed by all the bots that end up in my party that I decided to camp the cross-server lobby, pressing ESC, and reporting every single bot I saw in there while angrily eating my cup noodles.

By the time I finished, I don't know if it was a GM that took care of it or whatever the case, but I didn't end up with another bot in my party for the rest of that evening.

10 hours ago, rocdog said:

I'm not sure that reporting helps.   This is a serious issue for the game, and one that NCSoft should have seen coming.   They have no excuses.

If you do not report, it certainly will not help.

If you report it, at least you give the devs a point to start a trace log of the said BOT's activities, and more likely to come up with possible code to combat the issues.

10 hours ago, wootwoots said:

BnS also is "instance" based.

The size of it just vary because channel but its still a limitation of XX player per channel.

Nah, DN is basically 1 tiny hub world with several hundred different portals to different instances where the entirety of the games content takes place. BnS has the typical overworld + grind map style with instances added in but the larger majority of the game is done outside instances, until you hit end game and then you spam them for money and drops. You would never notice bots in DN if you didn't go to that exact portal, whereas in BnS Bots traverse the overworld, run into PvP zones, etc.etc.

The problem here is NCsoft taking their time to deal with those botters, I keep seeing a same bots everytime I went back for dailies...it's just sad and make me feel NCsoft don't give a dime about those botters, so why would I bother to stop, chasing them down the road get their names brfore they disapear/enter dungeon and report...Waste my time isn't it?

Oddly enough, i can only remember actually encountering one bot, and i reported that bot with that right click report feature.  soon as i did that, it stopped moving, at all, and about 5 minutes later vanished.

i don't know if my report crossed a threshold or if the bot detected it was reported and left.

17 minutes ago, Kromede said:

The problem here is NCsoft taking their time to deal with those botters, I keep seeing a same bots everytime I went back for dailies...it's just sad and make me feel NCsoft don't give a dime about those botters, so why would I bother to stop, chasing them down the road get their names brfore they disapear/enter dungeon and report...Waste my time isn't it?

They've already stated multiple times that they aren't going to waste their time banning every individual bot they see. They're looking for a permanent, overall solution to the problem that will keep them gone once banned. It takes almost no time whatsoever for a botter to make a new account and character when one is banned. Imagine a boss that heals 100 HP per second and you only deal 90 damage per second. You will never kill it because it will just regenerate all of the damage you do. If you ran into a situation like that, what would you do? You'd look for a way to stop that regeneration so that it doesn't recover from the damage you do. Continuing to poke it without stopping the regeneration is lunacy. 

Keep in mind though, that once a player has been Block Spammer'd enough times they get automatically banned from the game and must get a GM/Customer Service to unban them. So, while they aren't going to waste actual manpower banning the bots themselves, they have auto-ban systems (however annoying for legit players) in place if you continue reporting them until they figure out a better solution.

51 minutes ago, Shoshin said:

They've already stated multiple times that they aren't going to waste their time banning every individual bot they see.

Oh, but they want to make players waste *their* time blocking spammers?   Players don't care how NCSoft goes about it, and we don't believe that they will be able to create one super-duper solution that will solve the problem for all time, if they haven't done so already in the other territories.   They need to police their game, is all, and not just on Twitch.

4 minutes ago, rocdog said:

Oh, but they want to make players waste *their* time blocking spammers?   Players don't care how NCSoft goes about it, and we don't believe that they will be able to create one super-duper solution that will solve the problem for all time, if they haven't done so already in the other territories.   They need to police their game, is all, and not just on Twitch.

They offered a temp solution, but you guys rather complain and refuses to help until they come up with a better solution.

Spammers: Enough spammer block/report? That char is perm banned.

Bots: Most likely the same auto ban condition has been set, but guess what, it is too much work for you to click on their name and report it. NCS NA gave us an ability to stop it, use it.

16 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

They offered a temp solution, but you guys rather complain and refuses to help until they come up with a better solution.

Spammers: Enough spammer block/report? That char is perm banned.

Bots: Most likely the same auto ban condition has been set, but guess what, it is too much work for you to click on their name and report it. NCS NA gave us an ability to stop it, use it.

See that's the problem.   I've sat there and reported many bots, at dungeon portals, at the jiangshis, at golden deva, etc., only to see them again days later.  I don't think they're actually doing anything about the problem, because they have "more important" things to do.

In fact, bots are making things like soul stones cheaper, so I'm sure many players, especially ones who don't like to do faction dailies or arena for soul stones quite happy about bots doing their "dirty work" for them.  They have nothing to gain from reporting bots.

10 minutes ago, rocdog said:

See that's the problem.   I've sat there and reported many bots, at dungeon portals, at the jiangshis, at golden deva, etc., only to see them again days later.  I don't think they're actually doing anything about the problem, because they have "more important" things to do.

In fact, bots are making things like soul stones cheaper, so I'm sure many players, especially ones who don't like to do faction dailies or arena for soul stones quite happy about bots doing their "dirty work" for them.  They have nothing to gain from reporting bots.

The issue is just that, though. For every player that decides "oh, they aren't doing anything so I'll just stop reporting them" then that's one less report on that character and the chances are less and less that they will be auto-banned by the system. Perhaps they should do more to ban the bots themselves and look into the reports, yes, but if we can get the bots banned ourselves by many of us reporting them then it falls on the players to also be responsble to block spam them.

And anyway..... Why wouldn't you do Block Spammer on them anyway? I sure as hell don't want to see that crap flooding my faction chat so I block them regardless of whether I think NCSoft is doing anything because then at least I don't have to look at their spam.

I found a load of them farming the frog boss in the basin (forgot its name), I reported them all. All that happened was I found even more lol. On one channel I found at least 10 bots farming that boss/area. 6-8 (depending on the time I looked) were broken and running into a wall lol

18 hours ago, GnatB said:

To be honest, I highly doubt reporting a bot actually does anything.  It's pretty much a waste of time to manually ban them when their owners are just gonna bot more.  In the amount of time it takes to manually report and ban a bot, the bot runners can probably make a dozen more.  Any solution needs to be automated/automatic.  Whether that's cutting off their ability to sell the gold, making it unprofitable to sell the gold, behavioral pattern recognition to detect and auto-ban bots, or whatever.

It definitely does help to do both. Please report when you see bots and we manually go in and check on them. We also have some automated checks that we're continuing to refine.

4 hours ago, rocdog said:

You couldn't be more wrong about this.

Think about it, yes, they are making things cheaper, and doing so makes everything unreasonable cheap for real players to make any profit. But who is the one getting more and more rich, and who is the one getting more and more poor? The RMT is getting richer and players are getting poorer. This only forces more and more players to use real money to buy NCoin or from RMT in order to have any decent amount of gold that they would have been make if the market were actually at a decent price, and not a super low deflated price where nothing is worth selling/farming.

Ask yourself, how are you going to buy that 5-7K legendary item when we do get it, when you cannot even make 1G of profit from your highest level of crafting? 

Nexon?? Really?? I left Vindictus because they either can't or wont do anything about all of the bots. I submitted ticket after ticket to those guys showing bots in action, hackers in action, gold sellers, etc, all with evidence. Still saw them in game everyday.

48 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

You couldn't be more wrong about this.

Think about it, yes, they are making things cheaper, and doing so makes everything unreasonable cheap for real players to make any profit. But who is the one getting more and more rich, and who is the one getting more and more poor? The RMT is getting richer and players are getting poorer. This only forces more and more players to use real money to buy NCoin or from RMT in order to have any decent amount of gold that they would have been make if the market were actually at a decent price, and not a super low deflated price where nothing is worth selling/farming.

Ask yourself, how are you going to buy that 5-7K legendary item when we do get it, when you cannot even make 1G of profit from your highest level of crafting? 

This is precisely what happened in Vindictus. Element stones were an excellent way to make money, until someone figured out how to bot a certain map in season 2. Now, nobody else can sell anything element stone related for any kind of profit. Because as soon as its listed this player will undercut whatever price you put by 1 gold with 3 stacks of 100.

Buddy of mine was streaming gameplay of the China bns and came across a dozen or so destroyer bots going in and out of a dungeon. 

I'm pretty sure if nc soft had a solution for the bots we wouldn't see them on old servers like the Chinese ones. I have a pretty good feeling botting is never going to stop.

1 minute ago, Shru said:

Buddy of mine was streaming gameplay of the China bns and came across a dozen or so destroyer bots going in and out of a dungeon. 

I'm pretty sure if nc soft had a solution for the bots we wouldn't see them on old servers like the Chinese ones. I have a pretty good feeling botting is never going to stop.

It will if nobody buys gold. But then, asking people to have a spine is too much to ask for now. Isn't it?

Archived