"Retreat" Not Working When Pressed

Toromino

Almost every single time I press F to use "Retreat" while affected by crowd control, nothing happens and my character slowly gets up on their feet, getting whacked the whole time... Very rarely, my character will roll back as intended. Before anyone inquires, I am NOT trying to use "Retreat" while it's on cooldown; it simply doesn't do anything (most of the time). I have pretty quick reflexes and I'm hitting the button half a second after the icon appears on screen (when affected by CC).

I've seen others saying they're experiencing the exact same thing too :[

Ugh...aright ty. I don't see how anyone is supposed to react that fast.....unless they already know when the CC is incoming? Which is insane. In my limited experience, it just isn't possible to predict CC most of the time (CC ability animations are usually really fast).

You'll learn the animations. And you can react to being cc'd, the biggest problem for myself was just getting used to hitting f. But like I said, half a second is slow...the game is probably looking for about twice as fast as that.

usually u press it the moment the move being done on u has finished and u hit the ground(during air combo) it mainly applies to pvp, basically what i do is whenever i get knocked down or know im going to get knocked down or during a combo i spam F to get it through the window for it is extremely small like 0.3s maybe 

make a S S makro on your razer device of joice, push or hold one button and you will jump back instantly.

low FPS or a little bit of lag can screw you up when pushing SSSSSS frequently.

about "F" you mean "roll backwards"? , you have to already HOLD down the button before it appears, i always struggled to push this fast enough when it pop's up, you have to watch carefully what happens to your character and if you get knocked down you already have to push and hold the button BEFORE it appears.

Don't push and hold lol. That's scrubby.

We turn off repeat key on hold for the sake of control.

Also, don't make macros. It's illegal and scrubby at the same time. You are not allowed to input SS, 2 button presses, with the press of 1 button. It's been stated multiple times by NCSoft representatives.

Archived