Ruby useless?

Soullessx

It doesn't add the dmg into your regular skill dmg but does separate dmg when it activate.If you watch carefully on top of your let's say 5k dmg you can see pop up 360 in white on your target.Same for amethyst.

However later on we get a diff type of ruby with 4 attack and next(2?) attack(s) crit.

Since I don't play anymore and don't profit from secret info. The truth is the ruby gem with +atk is useless it's just easy money to sell to people. Sorry YellowJawn you got sham. Ppl think it is good since it has high +atk on it but in reality the best ruby gem is the one that gives you a crit because ruby has no cd on activation except the stun version. Almost all type of crit will always beat the +atk given on the ruby gem even on your measly skills. After next patch, info says there is suppose to be a ruby gem that guarantees 2 crit or something. I think it's ruby but I'm not sure. This will be THE ruby gem to use.

From someone a long time ago, they told me the process rate of a ruby gem is about 5%. This chance probably gets better as you get higher ranking gems. IDK

1. Always use diamond with attack power. If you can't afford attack power then use additional damage on diamond.

It's weaker then the attack power version but does exactly the same thing. Ex. diamond with additional damage 25 really just equals diamond with about AP 14. 

2. Use amethyst with life leech. KFM can switch amethyst with additional damage because later on they can guarantee crit 100%  with searing palm and can heal with other means.

3. Your choice but anything with attack power in it comes first.

19 minutes ago, Okaaru said:

Since I don't play anymore and don't profit from secret info. The truth is the ruby gem with +atk is useless it's just easy money to sell to people. Sorry YellowJawn you got sham. Ppl think it is good since it has high +atk on it but in reality the best ruby gem is the one that gives you a crit because ruby has no cd on activation except the stun version. Almost all type of crit will always beat the +atk given on the ruby gem even on your measly skills. After next patch, info says there is suppose to be a ruby gem that guarantees 2 crit or something. I think it's ruby but I'm not sure. This will be THE ruby gem to use.

From someone a long time ago, they told me the process rate of a ruby gem is about 5%. This chance probably gets better as you get higher ranking gems. IDK

1. Always use diamond with attack power. If you can't afford attack power then use additional damage on diamond.

It's weaker then the attack power version but does exactly the same thing. Ex. diamond with additional damage 25 really just equals diamond with about AP 14. 

2. Use amethyst with life leech. KFM can switch amethyst with additional damage because later on they can guarantee crit 100%  with searing palm and can heal with other means.

I am currently using the attack power diamond on my BD but couldn't decide which would be better the damage on crit or life drain purple gem?  And thanks for the info.

The life drain does dmg and heal.Best amethyst.

In fact the 2 attack crit plus 4 attack is the best ruby.Atleast in my opinion.

Additional dmg does exactly that..25 extra dmg added to your eg 10k.Worthless waste of gem slot piece of nyerk.

25 attack gem in other hand add a decent ammount of dmg.Muchhhhh more then the other useless thing.

3 hours ago, dragoaskani said:

KR players with years of experience seem to not agree. As they use the damage ruby. Food for thought.

Reason is simple :

You can easily stack up critwith soulshields and accessories. That makes the attack ruby more viable and better than the 2 crit one as you already will crit 60%+ of the time. 

The most useless ruby is the ones that come with a stun. Anyone using those should switch.

No experience with any other version of the game but IMO I think Crit ruby (unable to sell on marketplace) is better currently if your crit is less than 50% im guessing, for the reasons explained above. But at 50% crit rate (or close enough), I think your better off doing additional damage (however meniscule). 

If you stun and knockdown a lot, maybe the yellow is better. Otherwise in a non-CC straight up dps it would go Diamond AP > Amethyst Drain > Ruby > yellow (unless you did the valentine gem transmutation then that trumps yellow i think) > whatever else.

Think its always been known that the gems from BW etc are uselessly expensive, that's not new now is it?

Also the 25 AP is pretty cheap and is a nice upgrade if you don't have it. Remember though,on the second a new gem will be coming out. Think they said 35 AP? No idea, not bothering to buy that though for awhile.

13 hours ago, Okaaru said:

I'm going to have to respectffully disagree with your statement that "Ex. diamond with additional damage 25 really just equals diamond with about AP 14". 

Please refer here: http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/316/20131214/Damage_Calculation_Mechanics_Skill_Board_Damage_Calculation-52ac26135c67f6813-1.html

Additonal Damage (unless in the case of the skill damage multiplier being less than 100%) will NEVER be as useful as Attack Power so even if you can't afford the +25 AP gem, get the one that you can afford. After a single day of dailies you could easily afford at least the +7 AP one which would still be better than Add Dmg 25. 

5 hours ago, Starbo said:

I was wondering why anyone would buy those trash, but ah I see now

See my post above this one and refer here: http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/316/20131214/Damage_Calculation_Mechanics_Skill_Board_Damage_Calculation-52ac26135c67f6813-1.html

They do not do the exact same thing and Attack Power will make a huge difference in the long run. Always, always go with Attack Power over AD.

19 hours ago, Shoshin said:

See my post above this one and refer here: http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/316/20131214/Damage_Calculation_Mechanics_Skill_Board_Damage_Calculation-52ac26135c67f6813-1.html

They do not do the exact same thing and Attack Power will make a huge difference in the long run. Always, always go with Attack Power over AD.

What are you trying to address to me? If my sarcasm is not clear enough, I'll rephrase it now. I don't know how stupid can you be to use Additional Damage, but apparently some people can "justify" it so I understand why those things even sell now, because you really do have people stupid enough to do that.

Additional Damage is an actual stat, if you try putting on that gem you will see that stat go up. Pull down the bracket in your stat window and I don't even think it'll go above 0.00% Damage Bonus at 25

12 hours ago, Starbo said:

What are you trying to address to me? If my sarcasm is not clear enough, I'll rephrase it now. I don't know how stupid can you be to use Additional Damage, but apparently some people can "justify" it so I understand why those things even sell now, because you really do have people stupid enough to do that.

Additional Damage is an actual stat, if you try putting on that gem you will see that stat go up. Pull down the bracket in your stat window and I don't even think it'll go above 0.00% Damage Bonus at 25

If "I was wondering why anyone would buy those trash, but ah I see now" was meant to be sarcasm.... You're doing it wrong.

Archived