DrZail

KFM vs BD | "Counter" vs "Vortex" ?

DrZail   

Hello fellow Kung fu masters !

During my 1v1 against BDs, I was wandering what to do against there spin (Vortex skill_icon_swordmaster_0_3.png ). I tested using counter against it but as counter actually deal damage afterward, I get stun, which is how it's suppose to work, and I'm totally ok with that.

HOWEVER, if I put 2 points in counter until T3 on the left path, " User is resistant to Stun, Daze for 2 sec on Counter ", which should prevent me from being stun, but apparently it doesn't (if you have any idea why, I'm all ears :D). Also, I tried to put 3 points in counter on the right path and get the " User is resistant to damage, status effects from 1 attack for 1 sec on Counter " buff, annnddd this apparently doesn't work either :(. Do you have any why this is the case ?

See you on the Arena :)

Renze   

Vortex is a deflect, super cheesy effect that pierces everything.

Try to be patient, the spins themselves don't do too much damage. Use a knockdown while they are locked in the spin animation, but after the deflect is gone.

Kutsuu   

It's much harder for them to spin into counter if you use elbow counter, but it's also harder to time your counter on their gap closers... so use at your own risk. 

The only real solution otherwise is not to use your counter while they are in melee range so they can't spin into it. Just use it to stuff their gap closers.