Mushin Tower F5 - Core Insta-death?

ElectricLyn

3 minutes ago, ElectricLyn said:

On the 5th floor, during the fight, some kind of core eventually drops into the middle of the room and lets out an AOE burst, which just insta-kills. Is there any way to dodge this??

The core only spawns if you kill the boss too slow. There is no way to avoid that attack. The only way to not let the core spawn is to kill the boss fast enough. (Within 5 minutes I think.)

Don't forget to use the pillars. They give you a temporarily boost to your combat stats.   

2 minutes ago, Natello said:

The core only spawns if you kill the boss too slow. There is no way to avoid that attack. The only way to not let the core spawn is to kill the boss fast enough. (Within 5 minutes I think.)

Don't forget to use the pillars. They give you a temporarily boost to your combat stats.   

Urgh, I was thinking that was the case. So disgusting. They don't even tell you what the pillars do, it seems. So I don't know which one to focus

It is essentially a DPS race to murder it while staying alive. I've managed to get past it pretty reliably with some level 45 soul shields and speccing into flaming scourge/lightning single target damage. Hopefully that'll help for you.

Worse comes to worse, you can always focus on upgrading gear in other respects.

6 minutes ago, ElectricLyn said:

Urgh, I was thinking that was the case. So disgusting. They don't even tell you what the pillars do, it seems. So I don't know which one to focus

IIRC, blue gives you a health regen (first on the left). Red (first on the right) gives you infinite focus. The other two increase attack power or crit rate.

5 minutes ago, Amor said:

It is essentially a DPS race to murder it while staying alive. I've managed to get past it pretty reliably with some level 45 soul shields and speccing into flaming scourge/lightning single target damage. Hopefully that'll help for you.

Worse comes to worse, you can always focus on upgrading gear in other respects.

Cool, thanks. The worst is just having to get to the 5th floor again. It's so damn tedious and my weapon breaks constantly.

Weapons breaking constantly means you are dying too much. There are several ways to solve this.

1) Upgrade your weapons and accessories. Crit rate is very important. Try to get it up to 50% and abv for an extremely comfortable F1-7 faceroll.

2) Know which build is for which floor. Example: Floors 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 you can try speccing into the lightning DPS build as it is effective against single targets. (Mainly change your V into Form 3 and Z into Form 3 and put a point into Lightning focus) Floor 3 you can spec into the wind AOE (V form 2, put a point into Wind focus). Floor 7 is dependent on your gear, if you have decent gear, any lightning/PVP build is fine.

3) Know the AI mechanics.

Floor 1,2 have literally zero mechanics involved.

Floor 3 mainly just V , 3, hold right click and spam F. Try to clear 2 waves in between every sub boss and you should be fine.

Floor 4 is literally muscle memory. Get Samja as your partner

a) Engage

b) dodge his frontal claw with E/Q

c) C/V and dps till he dashes behind you and you just SS or RMB during ur C/V to get back behind him again.

d) boss prepares to AOE. you can use C/V with Z and DPS your ass off because Samja will knock him down for you

e) boss starts to raise his hand. knock him down to prevent adds. phantom grab him back to the middle

f) rinse and repeat.

Floor 5 is really simple. 

a) Run circles around him.

b) C/V/Z his ass off

c) Red AOE you can either SS out and RMB/F or just knock him down and grab him into the buffs

d) After Red AOE he will spin. So just RMB/F if you are paper.

e) Rinse and repeat

6 hours ago, RNGesus said:

Weapons breaking constantly means you are dying too much. There are several ways to solve this.

1) Upgrade your weapons and accessories. Crit rate is very important. Try to get it up to 50% and abv for an extremely comfortable F1-7 faceroll.

2) Know which build is for which floor. Example: Floors 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 you can try speccing into the lightning DPS build as it is effective against single targets. (Mainly change your V into Form 3 and Z into Form 3 and put a point into Lightning focus) Floor 3 you can spec into the wind AOE (V form 2, put a point into Wind focus). Floor 7 is dependent on your gear, if you have decent gear, any lightning/PVP build is fine.

3) Know the AI mechanics.

Floor 1,2 have literally zero mechanics involved.

Floor 3 mainly just V , 3, hold right click and spam F. Try to clear 2 waves in between every sub boss and you should be fine.

Floor 4 is literally muscle memory. Get Samja as your partner

a) Engage

b) dodge his frontal claw with E/Q

c) C/V and dps till he dashes behind you and you just SS or RMB during ur C/V to get back behind him again.

d) boss prepares to AOE. you can use C/V with Z and DPS your ass off because Samja will knock him down for you

e) boss starts to raise his hand. knock him down to prevent adds. phantom grab him back to the middle

f) rinse and repeat.

Floor 5 is really simple. 

a) Run circles around him.

b) C/V/Z his ass off

c) Red AOE you can either SS out and RMB/F or just knock him down and grab him into the buffs

d) After Red AOE he will spin. So just RMB/F if you are paper.

e) Rinse and repeat

Thank you.

I already beat him shortly after making this thread haha. I found the buffs really really helped, because they allowed me to stay in draw stance MUCH longer; meaning more Lightning DPS. I don't have much experience with Wind. It seems weak compared to Lightning. However, I appreciate your effort. I haven't been able to upgrade my weapon for some time now, due to the high cost of Moonwater transformation stones :s.

Archived