Help Distinguishing Different Opponent Buffs/Skills

ArkNeither

I was wondering if someone could identify for me what some of these different skills are because it's not really intuitive for me what they do or at least how they're different from each other (I play as a FM) and thus idk how to optimize my strategy in arena:

Blade Dancer:

- one floating sword orbiting close around the Blade Dancer skill

- glowing transparent white cylinder around the Blade Dancer

- sword stabbed into my back while I'm being grabbed

Destroyer:

- Destroyer lights himself with red fire

- Destroyer lights himself with blue fire

KFM:

- KFM lights himself with blue fire

Summoner:

- glowing transparent white cylinder around the Summoner

Thank you to anyone who can help in answering this pretty big question :)

I know I'm going to regret this, since I already have a hard time against FMs and making some better is just digging my own grave...but meh, here you go:

BD orbiting sword - Resists 5 hits or for 5 seconds . Basically, BD is invincible atm, get the hell out of range.

Glowing cylinder - invincible for 2 sec. Get the hell out of range.

Sword to the head while gripped - freeze up, press 2 with good timing or you will get slaughtered. If we get 1 sword in, we get the blade storm in too and that's it for you. 

As for Destro, you might wanna get out of range every time it glows/spins. Uou are a range class after all.

For  Destroyer:

- Red indicates our damage Fury pretty much. Crit + damage in exchange for defense. It's our "Berserk" mode kind of. This is usually used when your trinket and F are both down. You die if you get CC'd with no defensive options open or you don't CC them. We're only immune as it is casted, open to CC/Damage afterwards.

- Blue indicates our defensive Fury. It breaks CC and grants 5 seconds of immunity but doesn't do as much damage as Red Fury. Keep this in mind when you're going for a CC chain if our trinket and F are down.

1 hour ago, ArkNeither said:

Blade Dancer:

- one floating sword orbiting close around the Blade Dancer skill

- glowing transparent white cylinder around the Blade Dancer

- sword stabbed into my back while I'm being grabbed

Destroyer:

- Destroyer lights himself with red fire

- Destroyer lights himself with blue fire

KFM:

- KFM lights himself with blue fire

Summoner:

- glowing transparent white cylinder around the Summoner

Thank you to anyone who can help in answering this pretty big question :)

You can find more information about skill trees on BnSTree. These are the skills:

Blade Dancer

1. Guardian Tempest, bound to key Z. Typically, this will be specced to offer 5 hits of complete immunity over 5 seconds with a 36-second cooldown. It is often specced to also heal 10% -- that heal occurs instantly. Against FM, it may be specced to have a 1-minute cooldown, only block 3 hits, but break snare. If it breaks snare, you know it only lasts 3 hits and has a longer cooldown.
  2. Maelstrom, bound to F. Only usable during Vortex (spin). Provides 2 seconds of complete immunity with a 36-second cooldown. Cannot be used if deflect spin is specced, so you shouldn't see this one very often.
  3. Soul Stab, bound to key 2. This ability can be used while the BD has an opponent Phantom Gripped and has a 24-second cooldown. It deals a TON of damage, but has a very large counter window. Hit reversal as soon as you see the black sword come out of the BD's back or hear the metal-sliding sound effect and you will break out of the grip. Might be used immediately after gripping, so be ready to counter all the time.

Destroyer

1. Fury, bound to key E. This give a massive damage boost and prevents some status effects for 6 seconds, and has a 45-second cooldown. During the activation animation, the Destroyer is also immune to all attacks. All attacks become automatic criticals, critical damage is increased, focus is recovered in large portion, Wrath (alternate high-damage LMB) is activated, charge disable is removed, and is immune the following status effects: stun, daze, knockback, pull. Defense is set to 0, so the Destroyer takes additional damage, and the Destroyer is still vulnerable to knockdown, knockup, and grab/grapple/grip.
  2. Persistence, bound to key E. This is the defensive variant of Fury, usually used against KFMs and other Destroyers, lasts 5 seconds, and has a 1-minute cooldown. This can be specced to break out of Stun and Daze, as well as preventing Slow and Snare status effects. There are 2 versions of this: one increases defense dramatically and prevents the same status effects that Fury does; the other version gives complete immunity for 5 hits or 5 seconds like BD's Guardian Tempest above. Neither version removes charge disables, so you'll probably see this one less commonly as FM.

Kung Fu Master

1. Fighting Spirit, bound to key Tab. This gives a massive -- MASSIVE -- damage boost for 10 seconds, has a 90-second (1 minute and 30 second) cooldown. This cannot be used with Grapple; however, Meteor Slam from airborne status can still grapple an opponent even if you have Fighting Spirit specced. Does not prevent any status effects, so be aware that it will likely be used after Tremor (foot stomp) combo to set up for 3RF 100-0 kills. Get away or CC the KFM.

Summoner

1.  True Friend, bound to key X. You're probably thinking the version that gives 5 hits or 5 seconds of damage immunity to both the summoner and pet. Should be pretty intuitive by now. Can be specced to heal the summoner by 5% on one resist -- does not extend up to 25% for all 5, just one-off 5% on the first resist, so people often don't use it. If this version is chosen, the summoner cannot use True Friend to recover his own health. There is another version which recovers summoner's health and creates a 5% health barrier; this barrier will not extend to the cat, but the cat is immune to damage momentarily. That health barrier variant does not prevent status effects of any kind, so you can CC the summoner normally.

Archived