Spambot Block list Finally Full (needs another expansion to it)

Lycius

Not that I'm trying to complain... I'm just hoping that the new expansion that you Dev's are about to give us, also has a Spam Block list expansion to it aswell (alot larger maybe 1K spots) until you guys finally get this annoying spammers prob solved, cause right now we are all gonna need it big time it seems...

And please, oh please! tell us that when you are banning the reported spammer bots we're all listing for you, that you are also perma-blocking all their name variations that these nuiscences are coming up with on their random apps crap, so they can't just redo the names again on another account / character,  (@_@,)' I'm begging you...

Uhm...  Either NCSoft is lieing, I'm misremembering, or your doing it wrong.  Pretty sure NCSoft said that the block from reporting somebody as a spammer only lasts for that game session.  (and I only use it maybe 4 or 5 times a play session anyways).  So either your server is WAY spammier than mine, you're using the wrong kind of "block", I'm misremembering, or NCSoft lied about how it works.

(or this play session of yours is lasting a seriously long time...)

As far as I know clicking "block spammer" permanently blocks them along with the report, I had around 50 bot spammers blocked and after clearing the list only 2-3 were active that showed up the same day.

they are getting banned pretty fast honestly, just clear the list and there shouldn't be that many left still active.

Its way spammy on Yehara server... on the average (6 hours) I play a day, I end up blocking around an average of 16-spam bots in that time... I haven't seen any repeat named spammers after a relog (they all seem unique in their name structures, with only the random digit or 2) but ya my list totally filled out tonight, it would be so much easier if the banned names were erased from our block lists (to make space again on the list) when they were banned from NC Soft, but it doesn't seem to be the way that they're doing it...

Sigh...

I would prefer a Spam Filter REGEX we can out in. Even if it was "C_0 M"

Or we could put in (^[_]{1,})

so we could get rid of anyone who puts like _________________________

in text and just ignore the incoming message from being displayed. No body needs to put more than one underscore in a row... seriously.

Archived