Do you guys who pvp with 75% of your input as macros think you are actually good?

GreenDestiny

well to be honest players who use makro to pvp are sh1t because that everyone can do LOL

Then again who cares... but it's true and he's right, those players aint REAL players hehe I love to play the game and feel the game where is the point of making your computer win the pvp for you? lol loosers

3 hours ago, Vaizard666 said:

well to be honest players who use makro to pvp are sh1t because that everyone can do LOL

Then again who cares... but it's true and he's right, those players aint REAL players hehe I love to play the game and feel the game where is the point of making your computer win the pvp for you? lol loosers

Yeah exactly my point. They might as well have bots doing their arenas.

18 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

If I cared to shame certain people I would post their names here. It is pretty easy to tell who is using macros after doing many arenas.

What is your definition of "many"? Have you hit 500 matches yet? What was your methodology to identify a macro?

Isn't it the same thing? Macroing and doing it by hand? same 3 buttons get pressed...some people just save the stress to their fingers and make their soft/hardware work instead lol. Seriously though, with macros everyone looks to be "hacking" overlapping skills beyond the point of "low ping"

10 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

Isn't it the same thing? Macroing and doing it by hand? same 3 buttons get pressed...some people just save the stress to their fingers and make their soft/hardware work instead lol. Seriously though, with macros everyone looks to be "hacking" overlapping skills beyond the point of "low ping"

the time difference? with macro you can do one attack every 5ms so your dps will be way higher and you can not miss, without macro your attacks will be  50 slower and you can miss your combo

25 minutes ago, Justsomeone said:

the time difference? with macro you can do one attack every 5ms so your dps will be way higher and you can not miss, without macro your attacks will be  50 slower and you can miss your combo

A macro cannot affect your ping or make it happen faster than perfect human execution. The only thing a macro can do is eliminate human error. In practice, the error is usually quite small and a macro will not change the outcome.

In my experience, people often cry "macro!" on things that are not actually done with a macro, while missing actual use of macros. Animation cancels would be the obvious example of mistaken identification, which have comparatively limited benefit from a macro. At best, you recover a small portion of DPS at the cost of some versatility: you would need a large suite of macros including or omitting various abilities to cover all situations.  It's comparatively difficult for a human to interact with a macro as well, so when expectations with the macro are not met (e.g. Destroyer hits Persistence to break stun), you have to fight both the macro -- if it can be stopped -- and roll back into control of the character. It's usually harder to do than just learning to use the combo effectively yourself. Few people will bother to macro 3RF, just as players do not usually macro Gods Whip cancel in ArcheAge. The things you actually benefit from using a macro on are those things with reliable but tight timing. Those are more like knockup combos. You know how long they'll be in the air, so you can macro that into a chain and never miss the timing.

13 minutes ago, HUnewearl said:

A macro cannot affect your ping or make it happen faster than perfect human execution. The only thing a macro can do is eliminate human error. In practice, the error is usually quite small and a macro will not change the outcome.

In my experience, people often cry "macro!" on things that are not actually done with a macro, while missing actual use of macros. Animation cancels would be the obvious example of mistaken identification, which have comparatively limited benefit from a macro. At best, you recover a small portion of DPS at the cost of some versatility: you would need a large suite of macros including or omitting various abilities to cover all situations.  It's comparatively difficult for a human to interact with a macro as well, so when expectations with the macro are not met (e.g. Destroyer hits Persistence to break stun), you have to fight both the macro -- if it can be stopped -- and roll back into control of the character. It's usually harder to do than just learning to use the combo effectively yourself. Few people will bother to macro 3RF, just as players do not usually macro Gods Whip cancel in ArcheAge. The things you actually benefit from using a macro on are those things with reliable but tight timing. Those are more like knockup combos. You know how long they'll be in the air, so you can macro that into a chain and never miss the timing.

Sounds like you are pretty experienced in using them in game. Nevertheless, it's a huge advantage for players with low latency.

9 minutes ago, Destinykraze said:

Sounds like you are pretty experienced in using them in game. Nevertheless, it's a huge advantage for players with low latency.

I see what you did there. I see it.

I don't play a class that would much benefit from a macro. Destroyer is usually animation canceling Cleave with Wrath, which are 4.7x and 4.8x damage modifiers, respectively. The benefit is not all that large compared to just hitting Wrath alone, and getting "perfect" timing on Cleave-Wrath is almost meaningless in the grand scheme of things (matches just about never come down to 1% of a health bar). Since you may even just get RNG'd out of your CC, you can't always say what's available to chain, so it would be a total mess to even try. When it comes to Judgment-Cleave cancel, the duration is so varied that there's little reason to even attempt to create a macro. Often, you don't try to shove in more Cleaves because you need to keep your Focus up so you can use Hurricane for deflect.

I mention that specifically because Cleave cancel one of the things people are most likely to complain about as a macro when it's one of the least likely things to actually end up in a macro. It looks rather strange to players, so they casually assume it can't be done normally ingame without assistance from a nefarious third-party tool. Alas, no, the developers saw fit to include that as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Simple,  using Macro's in this game is cheating and not playing the game as it was intended to be played, it breaks ToS and is bannable,

Also any other form of gaining advantage over any other player who is playing with Default settings is deemed as cheating, NC clearly state "use at your own risk'

Players who use macros to bind skill with each other to make the game play it self have to be perma banned from the game in a instant, just saying 

P.s i dont give a dam what you guys think overall as must ppl nowdays using bots -.- also F the bots sick of them xD

I have seen so many bots that i have reported that it is not even funny at all :/

yeah macro is illegal, but u know ? that doesnt mean that the players can't use, the game is full of bot, script and macro, you can't try fix and ban the macrohero and let the bots stay free, i'll never accept kfm as true player, either destroyer, but well...i just want to be top 5 one season in my life for outfit and then never again XD 

On 14/3/2016 at 9:34 PM, Evechan said:

yeah macro is illegal, but u know ? that doesnt mean that the players can't use, the game is full of bot, script and macro, you can't try fix and ban the macrohero and let the bots stay free, i'll never accept kfm as true player, either destroyer, but well...i just want to be top 5 one season in my life for outfit and then never again XD 

Yeah KFM i played vs 1 and got 100% stunlocked to death as a destoyer :/

There should be something like in smite. 

Are you using ANY third party program at your system intefering into the controls during the game running?? 

Auto permaban without the possibility to appeal. 

Seriously, Ncsoft should start banning those brats, it is hard to tell who is using it, but it is possible to detect third party program running and "helping" in-game. 

On 28.02.2016 г. at 1:51 AM, GreenDestiny said:

Most of you are the same cry babies that complain about Gameguard and the Razer software crashes. I'm just wondering do you feel almost fully automating your game play makes you a good pvper?

yes. it cast skills insta and u dont brake ur fingers

. the game is poorly made and thats why u need to have 10 fingers hand to manage hit all skills .

combo as tab-lmb-rmb-v-2-tab-lmb-rmb-1-f-4 

i mean :) wtf is this combo ? a special  v-2 part . loo at ur keyboard and telll me how u can do it without leave comtrolls ?

On 2016. 02. 28. at 6:58 AM, GreenDestiny said:

. It is pretty easy to tell who is using macros after doing many arenas.

True

"yes. it cast skills insta and u dont brake ur fingers

. the game is poorly made and thats why u need to have 10 fingers hand to manage hit all skills .

combo as tab-lmb-rmb-v-2-tab-lmb-rmb-1-f-4 

i mean :) wtf is this combo ? a special  v-2 part . loo at ur keyboard and telll me how u can do it without leave comtrolls ?"

How to do it ?? With learn and practise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole macro-thing is getting way out of hand. People will accuse any KFM for macro nowadays simply because they can 3rf. Any KFM can 3rf perfectly with a bit of practice, and due to the timing needed to execute it (if you r/lb too fast, 3 (shin kick) will be cancelled before it hits and thus not proc your f (cyclone kick), breaking the combo) a well-practiced KFM can 3rf with the same speed as a noob using a macro. My point being that it's useless to blame your losses on macro-usage, because at a higher skill-level you would've been comboed just as hard without macro.

I'm a KFM main on EU and I've been blamed for macro usage on occasions when I was climbing the ladder. These accusations stopped once I reached platinum because players at this level have most likely realized that it is, in fact, very possible to 3rf without macros. (Note that NA platinum =/= EU platinum as NA has way more bots in arena, making climbing to 18-1900 easier).

And lastly, to clear potential misunderstandings:

No, I do not, have not, and will not use any form of macros in Blade & Soul.

No, I do not support macro usage in B&S whatsoever.

Yes, I support macros being bannable.

And yes, I would support Gameguard being able to auto-detect 3rd party software interfering with the game and auto-reporting those cases to NCSoft (though it would have to differentiate between illegal programs and ping-tools as those are legal).

Archived