SHITTY GAME

pupe

30 minutes ago, Fantality said:

Tera had no gold sellers or bots. Now for all of you that will come to twist my words to their advantage and try to make an argument from it, let me specify. I played Tera for about an year and I saw one or two bots. I quit TERA when mchm was the hardest dungeon so IDK how it changed after I left but TERA still remains the best game to have complete control over gold sellers/bots.

I played for 3.5 years and saw maybe 6-8 bots in all that time, they were only around farming nodes, never saw any gold spammers though. And I never saw anyone with a name like "djhkgfsd". I think TERA spoiled me when it comes to this I forgot that bots were a thing. (From what I remember TERA had China region blocked which I'm sure was a good first step.)

3 minutes ago, Killian said:

I played for 3.5 years and saw maybe 6-8 bots in all that time, they were only around farming nodes, never saw any gold spammers though. And I never saw anyone with a name like "djhkgfsd". I think TERA spoiled me when it comes to this I forgot that bots were a thing. (From what I remember TERA had China region blocked which I'm sure was a good first step.)

Western clients were region locked also from many of East European countries, including Russia very high on the list. It was possible round it with some tweaks but if I remember correctly, TERA's server logistics were also smart enough to sniff did one connect through a proxy or VPN.

1 minute ago, TheRealElvis said:

Western clients were region locked also from many of East European countries, including Russia very high on the list. It was possible round it with some tweaks but if I remember correctly, TERA's server logistics were also smart enough to sniff did one connect through a proxy or VPN.

My server(s) were full of Russian players and guilds until the official Russian version was released. ( Ah I see last year in June Steam no longer allowed EU/RU TERA downloads.)
Yeah on the official IP block page [ x ]
"What About Proxies?

Services that promise to improve your ping and decrease lag may sound promising, but they are frequently used by hackers and criminals who want to remain anonymous. Although we do not block them by default, a proxy or server host will be blocked if it becomes a popular tool for criminal behavior. "

And also,
"En Masse will block IPs based on region. Asia, Africa, and the Middle East are included on the block list"

@NC this would probably be a good stance and practice to adopt that would solve a lot of issues... pwtworried_by_the_terminal_show-d9q9o2i.

1 hour ago, Pico said:

I played Tera a few months before Archeage then stopped and also played it a couple months after the level 65 content release 

Basically, I was not a long time player. 

I did however notice the lack of bots or of any spamming at all in chat during the time I played.   How do you think they managed to pull it off?  

To me it seems the bot, spammer problem is a constantly evolving battle between the gold farming companies and the game devs.  

Some games aren't as easy as B&S and that's why there arent that many bots, And what i mean by that is this,il give an example.

Aion barely had bot if any,i played it for 4 years and didn't encounter even 1 of them,it had spammers in chat but to use the faction chat you needed to have Gold pack aka something like premium in this game,basically it would be like this if players didn't have premium you couldn't spamm faction chat or any other chat except normal one /say .

Also Aion didn't really have the dungeons that could be run by a bot solo or even in group since the game was designed in different way 95% of the time you needed to have "holy trinity" in the game ( tank,healer and dps) . there were also no quests that gave you gold, a way of earning money in Aion was totally different then in this game.

Basically my point is,not every game is designed like this so bot really doesn't have much to do in those game except spamm chats.

44 minutes ago, Fantality said:

but tera didnt even have any spammers. every mmo publishers need to seriously send out a management team to enmasse, pay them a fat check and learn the secrets lol

This.

I've played Tera for over 3 years and this is the difference. I used to rant a lot in Tera forums, but looking back, they apparently did their job best. Every time a new bot method came up, EnMasse thought a countermeasure, let us know (communication, NCSoft!! HINTHINT) and it worked. E.g. you can't post in the forums without having a lvl 10 ingame character. This prevents the idian love messages we have here. For newcomers, they have a special section to post.

Also I once saw ore mining bots In Tera. They changed mining rules and you now have to have a certain level to be able to farm high level nodes. If the bots would want to farm, they would need to level up a character. Of course they can still farm low level nodes. But who cares for viridian quarz? Bots then stopped, because the profit is not high enough for low level ores.

Further in Tera there are GMs present. When Tera was published on stream, we had another new wave of bots. Enmasse deployed ingame GMs and every time they banned bots, they wrote it in chat. We players actually got to see that the publisher cares for us players and is doing something! In the end, it must be the mixture of whatever Enmasse is doing to effectively repel the bots. I even was one of the lucky players to personally see a GM at work, multiple times. The first time was when they made a fun event and spawned endgame monsters in open world that just mowed down everyone. GMs were running around and ressing us. I even got a GM asking me to play a bugged instance he did watch and repair! (He got an anvincible lvl 1 char)

NCsoft, you are not the first nor the last to deal with the bot problem. Apparently there are other publishers on the market who know what to do. NCsoft, you dont have to invent the wheel anew. There are solutions out there, just inform yourself and do it!

4 hours ago, Eladriel said:

Some games aren't as easy as B&S and that's why there arent that many bots, And what i mean by that is this,il give an example.

Aion barely had bot if any,i played it for 4 years and didn't encounter even 1 of them,it had spammers in chat but to use the faction chat you needed to have Gold pack aka something like premium in this game,basically it would be like this if players didn't have premium you couldn't spamm faction chat or any other chat except normal one /say .

Also Aion didn't really have the dungeons that could be run by a bot solo or even in group since the game was designed in different way 95% of the time you needed to have "holy trinity" in the game ( tank,healer and dps) . there were also no quests that gave you gold, a way of earning money in Aion was totally different then in this game.

Basically my point is,not every game is designed like this so bot really doesn't have much to do in those game except spamm chats.

Aion does have bots but they can't do much and spend more time dying than farming lol.

• Hime locked this topic

Archived