Got banned this morning. What a joke.

Devinator00

I never once did the glitch being talked about so I don't really have a horse in this race, but I've got two observations.

1- seems like a huge portion of their player base did this.  I haven't run any of the big 4 dungeons in the past two weeks or so just because I don't have that much time to play each day and chose other content. But from what I heard, if you did this in a cross-server dungeon you were pretty much doomed if you didn't do this as you would be left behind with a crowd of mobs to deal with.  I'm not interested in whether it's ok to do this or not, but when does it become cutting your own throat vs. maintaining "integrity" on the part of NCsoft.  If they ban everyone that did this glitch, how much work will this create and how badly are you going to be crippling your base?

2 - If they're going to be this hard-nosed about enforcing exploit bans, then what about animation canceling?  I'm not certain, but it sure doesn't feel like something that's intended.  It does feel like they balance certain things around it (seriously, how else could you complete Junghado in time as a Destro without it?), but it's still technically an exploit.  Are they going to start banning for this as well?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Toffee said:

I hardly see what bots have to do with you using an exploit, as they are two entirely different situations. And the only "joke" here is that these "adults" don't know the difference between right and wrong, and what they should or should not be doing. 

I totally agree with you, man.

This thread is so wretched, so many people try to hide behind whatever justification they can shore up.

It's not even a 100% sure the reason of OP getting banned is because of Ogong, but this thread open a whole different can of worms.

1 minute ago, Savasha said:

I never once did the glitch being talked about so I don't really have a horse in this race, but I've got two observations.

1- seems like a huge portion of their player base did this.  I haven't run any of the big 4 dungeons in the past two weeks or so just because I don't have that much time to play each day and chose other content. But from what I heard, if you did this in a cross-server dungeon you were pretty much doomed if you didn't do this as you would be left behind with a crowd of mobs to deal with.  I'm not interested in whether it's ok to do this or not, but when does it become cutting your own throat vs. maintaining "integrity" on the part of NCsoft.  If they ban everyone that did this glitch, how much work will this create and how badly are you going to be crippling your base?

2 - If they're going to be this hard-nosed about enforcing exploit bans, then what about animation canceling?  I'm not certain, but it sure doesn't feel like something that's intended.  It does feel like they balance certain things around it (seriously, how else could you complete Junghado in time as a Destro without it?), but it's still technically an exploit.  Are they going to start banning for this as well?

1. Uh please, so dramatic. "Cutting your own throat" vs "maintaining integrity" is probably a high standard, it's expected that many people will fail. "looking for new group" vs "Maintaining integrity" is not that high isn't it ? unless lots of people don't have that much integrity.

2. This is the same as bot question, it derail from the focus. It's a good question but, you should create a new thread for this Question.

Lol, dramatic?  I'm referring to NCsoft reducing their own income by banning a huge portion of their own player base with the "cutting your own throat" part.  Made clear by "on the part of NCsoft" at the end of that sentence.

also, my second thought doesn't detract from the focus.  It is directly related to the current situation.

Smart people would ask if everyone else in the group is doing that first before doing it herself or himself...not that i would do it or suggest it as its not worth saving like what 3 minutes and my gears are strong enough to not care about monkeys which i can easily kill.

If they are going to ban glitchers, i see no reason why they shouldn't ban leechers who are far worst as they don't have to do shit except sitting their asses on the entrance. Thats like saying i'll put someone in jail for fighting but not someone who kills people.

4 minutes ago, Savasha said:

Lol, dramatic?  I'm referring to NCsoft reducing their own income by banning a huge portion of their own player base with the "cutting your own throat" part.  Made clear by "on the part of NCsoft" at the end of that sentence.

Depends if Ncsoft bans everyone in the game who had done it even once than they just lost over 90% of all players who had done the dungeon before. Most of these people are hypocrites cause im 100% sure they did it at least once.

If they ban people who *continues* to do these even tho they know they can get ban for it than i'll say its fair if they get a temp ban.

4 minutes ago, Savasha said:

Lol, dramatic?  I'm referring to NCsoft reducing their own income by banning a huge portion of their own player base.

If it is huge portion, there would have been more post in the forums, IF and that;s a bif IF, they are banning for ogong, it's most likely targetted to people that do it systematically multiple times a day.

3 minutes ago, TopDollar said:

Smart people would ask if everyone else in the group is doing that first before doing it herself or himself...not that i would do it as its not worth saving like what 3 minutes and my gears are strong enough to not care about monkeys.

If they are going to ban glitchers, i see no reason why they shouldn't ban leechers who are far worst as they don't have to do shit except sitting their asses on the entrance. Thats like saying i'll put someone in jail for fighting but not someone who kills people.

Two sides of a coin. 

Letting glitcher free because they have not ban leechers/botters. Is like allowing some neckbeard groping schoolgirl in malls because rapist still roam free.

Wrong is wrong, because some bigger wrong have not been addressed, does not mean the smaller ones are alright.

4 minutes ago, Rief said:

If it is huge portion, there would have been more post in the forums, IF and that;s a bif IF, they are banning for ogong, it's most likely targetted to people that do it systematically multiple times a day.

Two sides of a coin. 

Letting glitcher free because they have not ban leechers/botters. Is like allowing some neckbeard groping schoolgirl in malls because rapist still roam free.

Wrong is wrong, because some bigger wrong have not been addressed, does not mean the smaller ones are alright.

Fair enough but still they need to do something about leechers, so far i haven't heard of any leechers being ban. If they are only banning glitchers and not leechers than thats just wrong in general. And there are a lot more complaints post about leechers than these glitchers. And common sense even say the leechers are worst.

This is absurd. Bro, you got banned because you were doing something ban-worthy and got caught. Period. Thats it. Man-up and wait for response from your "unfair ban" ticket or start another account(I'm sure you already have).

All this crying about which types of offenders are worse than others is pure BS. If you're cheating, you know it...so don't act surprised when the ban hammer drops on you.

Ah, all the high and mighty righteous players here. Have you all actually played Ogong? I am playing Ogong. And if you're a team player like me, you run in a group. And when suddenly one does the door trick, you are in a crowd of angry monkeys, dead. So it's either

- don't run with the group (e.g. go afk)

- stay out of Ogong

- run with the group and die at the door

Now tell me, what did you all choose? Because all of the 3 options are shit. I want to finish Ogong, I want to contribute, I want just simply play!

---------

Again, this is the fault of NCsoft, not the players. You can't send out a ban warning on twitch and hope to get this information to all players. BnS has enough viable doors ingame, from Mushins Tower doors to BBQ firewalls. Put in a freaking door and everything's solved!

You exploit the bugs excessively, you deserve to get a permanent ban, it's that simple. You don't expect to rob a bank once and get away with that telling the judge you only rob it once. The moment you do it, you should already accept the fact that you will be banned for doing so. But you still do it and get banned and come here to pathetically cry about it. There are babies everywhere in this game

The amount of people that did it is actually really huge, there's no denying that. However, they did say on stream that they aren't banning people for doing it a few times or so. They said something along the lines of running ogong 100s or 1000s of times and doing the exploit. If they were exaggerating or not, we can only wait and see.

As for the ani canceling, they embraced that part of the game, it's technically not an exploit and fully allowed.

However, same can be said about the exploit, on other servers they are fully aware of it and allow it to happen. It makes you wonder why ncsoft didn't fix it for the NA release if they planned on not wanting it in the first place.

9 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Ah, all the high and mighty righteous players here. Have you all actually played Ogong? I am playing Ogong. And if you're a team player like me, you run in a group. And when suddenly one does the door trick, you are in a crowd of angry monkeys, dead. So it's either

- don't run with the group (e.g. go afk)

- stay out of Ogong

- run with the group and die at the door

Now tell me, what did you all choose? Because all of the 3 options are shit. I want to finish Ogong, I want to contribute, I want just simply play!

---------

Again, this is the fault of NCsoft, not the players. You can't send out a ban warning on twitch and hope to get this information to all players. BnS has enough viable doors ingame, from Mushins Tower doors to BBQ firewalls. Put in a freaking door and everything's solved!

Thank you for being real about this.

All the so called white knights had done it themselves so they're just being hypocrites. The only ones defending this that haven't done it before are the ones that have never done this dungeon or they saw the forum posts before they have a chance to witness this glitch. And if anyone deny this than i won't believe it.

I bet if the white knights knows a exploit and they know they won't get caught, they'll do it too. Does this mean that person is a *cricket* and a scumbag in real life of course not. Its a game, its not real life and its not suppose to be taken seriously. Im pretty sure many good hearted people had killed innocent npcs in games like gta, fallout, elder scrolls etc does that mean they are scumbag killers in real life of course not.

6 minutes ago, Meiling said:

The amount of people that did it is actually really huge, there's no denying that. However, they did say on stream that they aren't banning people for doing it a few times or so. They said something along the lines of running ogong 100s or 1000s of times and doing the exploit. If they were exaggerating or not, we can only wait and see.

As for the ani canceling, they embraced that part of the game, it's technically not an exploit and fully allowed.

However, same can be said about the exploit, on other servers they are fully aware of it and allow it to happen. It makes you wonder why ncsoft didn't fix it for the NA release if they planned on not wanting it in the first place.

Assassin's can solo these blue dungeons EASIER than most people can solo Ogong, and if they are not banning people in the other regions for this, and have yet to ban people for it in EU and US, then I might as well start farming it my self.

But they should really make a more clear statement about this, it's VERY vague to say that if you abuse it excessively we might ban you, but not if you do a little bit. Take a bloody stance, either allow it completely or change the code so people can't go through it. It's become more standard than not to skip mobs whereever possible in this game. Whether it's skipping trash, mini bosses or whatever it is.

19 minutes ago, Meiling said:

^This.

If they banned anyone that ever do this, or "forced" to do this when doing daily the server going to get emptied.

But, on other hand someone that run Ogong multiple times a day, farming it, and claiming they are "forced" to use the exploit, that's pure undiluted BS.

Player that farm ogong are farming it because of the bug. Nothing special there to farm that doesn't exist in other dungeon, except for the door bug.

Just now, Newk said:

Assassin's can solo these blue dungeons EASIER than most people can solo Ogong, and if they are not banning people in the other regions for this, and have yet to ban people for it in EU and US, then I might as well start farming it my self.

But they should really make a more clear statement about this, it's VERY vague to say that if you abuse it excessively we might ban you, but not if you do a little bit. Take a bloody stance, either allow it completely or change the code so people can't go through it. It's become more standard than not to skip mobs whereever possible in this game. Whether it's skipping trash, mini bosses or whatever it is.

I'm pretty sure they're fixing the doors for us on the 2nd with the upcoming patch and banning people sometime around there. I guess they were warning people that if you continue to use the exploit and get to a certain point you will be banned. However, they never said banned only punished but it's really the only conclusion I think most people can think of.

28 minutes ago, Meiling said:

Thank you, this makes sense as people who ran it hundreds of times purposely doing this exploit and telling others in the group to do this should indeed be ban. That means they are re running this dungeon dozens upon dozens of times per day just for this solo purpose.

And your way of thinking is very true to most if not all the players that ques for this dungeon. For me Ogong is one of the things i do in my daily and i only do the dungeon once whether people do the glitch or not cause i don't give a rat ass about this dungeon. I just want to finish and move on and complete other dungeons and quest in my daily list of things to do. So if people are going to have a way to do it faster than of course im going to do it, If people in the group isn't doing it than i also don't care either way, its just 3 or 4 more minutes, less if everyone has good gears.

4 minutes ago, Meiling said:

I'm pretty sure they're fixing the doors for us on the 2nd with the upcoming patch and banning people sometime around there. I guess they were warning people that if you continue to use the exploit and get to a certain point you will be banned. However, they never said banned only punished but it's really the only conclusion I think most people can think of.

Do you have a source for where they have said these things? Would be very interested.

5 hours ago, Devinator00 said:

Yes it said my account was found guilty of exploitive action w/e that means.

Expliotive actions include but not limited to; using the bug or glitch, setting bid to master loot at the last minute, Setting the bid's starting amount unfairly, leeching form party to gain quest/exp/money.

Just now, Newk said:

Do you have a source for where they have said these things? Would be very interested.

They talked about a bunch of things in the stream for warlocks 

11 minute mark if it doesn't bring you there, I suggest watching the first 13 minutes in general, they talk about several things. As for when it will be fixed, earliest 2nd probably latest week after. I can see it happening on the 2nd though since they really want to push this and not have people doing it.

I'm not going to argue in favor or against the punishment

The fact that they did not come publicly to announce it, only as a remark during a stream, is just another example of how NCWest has terrible communication skills, and no transparency.

Plain and simple. Doesn't matter if he deserves or not. EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER WERE USING THIS EXPLOIT.

17 minutes ago, Meiling said:

They talked about a bunch of things in the stream for warlocks 

11 minute mark if it doesn't bring you there, I suggest watching the first 13 minutes in general, they talk about several things. As for when it will be fixed, earliest 2nd probably latest week after. I can see it happening on the 2nd though since they really want to push this and not have people doing it.

Awesome glad to see Ncsoft being reasonable about this. Now i can't feel bad for the op anymore for being ban since this mean he or she probably did it many many times just for the sake of exploiting. People like me and probably almost everyone else who just does this dungeon once as part of the daily and who follows whatever the group does would be safe from the ban it seems.

• Hime locked this topic

Archived