Got banned this morning. What a joke.

Devinator00

know what. we can get a lot of inconvenience like re-running a dgn because of bots.
losing a tag match because of bots. falling into a pit because of a server bug.
low optimization because i dont know what the reason is.

We experience all of these things. And just by simply s-sing through a door you get banned. You didn't even profit with it.
Just too much.

How about compensation for all the piled up inconvenience? Can we ask that? Answer: No.

I don't support bug abusers. But man, ncsoft should set a ceiling/standard which is really a game breaker. Not just some dudes who s-s because he has no choice since everyone of his party in every run is doing it. T.T

Like what another player said: "CUSTOMER SERVICE"

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every single person in this thread has exploited in this game, the degree and type of the exploit is most likely different. 

Have you jumped on a box to lose aggro from a add ?  EXPLOITER !

Ever tagged a npc that was fighting another npc, just for the xp and then walked away ? EXPLOITER !

There are so many ways to accomplish the unintended in this game. The op was banned for doing what is commonly done on all servers Blade and Soul operates on. The op also has a valid point about the multitude of bots running unchecked, while he / she is banned for farming. I hope the people in this thread realize that it still takes a lot of time to solo ogong using the exploit. Surely the op was doing this non stop or has some other type of fishy behavior linked to his account because ss a wall is NOT ANY DIFFERENT THAN JUMPING ON A BOX TO DROP AGGRO.

To NC Soft, a better way to have combated this would have been to remove all of his wealth and materials. Replace all of his gear with infernal and make him start the process over or choose on his own to leave. A perma ban for doing what is commonly done on all bns servers (in all countries) is way to harsh.  

Also, you will always look horrible banning real life players when bots are running your game as they are now. Not that you will ever read this but, I am almost full on blocked spammers. 200 is not nearly enough, better up it to a 1k if you intend to focus your resources on players and not the bots. 

Ahem, there is something called a ToS that no one almost reads but accepts to those terms anyway.

Exploiting this was an obvious infringement of said ToS, no need to have them post specifics on the forums or news or anything. 

Why are people trying to reason that they should have announce it? It's evident and clear, anything else is moot point. 

Just now, KaLnoX said:

You clearly have reading and quoting problems which shouldn't be the case for a programmer, or a functioning member of society. Go read over who said what, then clean up your filth if you can come to terms with...your own thinking.

Whoa, I did mention the word "respectfully" somewhere in my sentences. Please have some class and equanimity in an online forum. You do know what equanimity is right? I think you need some more friends from the way I consider your approach to reason with me, it seems to me that you are more or less.. a dysfunctional member of society? :) 

2 minutes ago, KatHead said:

Every single person in this thread has exploited in this game, the degree and type of the exploit is most likely different. 

Have you jumped on a box to lose aggro from a add ?  EXPLOITER !

Ever tagged a npc that was fighting another npc, just for the xp and then walked away ? EXPLOITER !

There are so many ways to accomplish the unintended in this game. The op was banned for doing what is commonly done on all servers Blade and Soul operates on. The op also has a valid point about the multitude of bots running unchecked, while he / she is banned for farming. I hope the people in this thread realize that it still takes a lot of time to solo ogong using the exploit. Surely the op was doing this non stop or has some other type of fishy behavior linked to his account because ss a wall is NOT ANY DIFFERENT THAN JUMPING ON A BOX TO DROP AGGRO.

To NC Soft, a better way to have combated this would have been to remove all of his wealth and materials. Replace all of his gear with infernal and make him start the process over or choose on his own to leave. A perma ban for doing what is commonly done on all bns servers (in all countries) is way to harsh.  

Also, you will always look horrible banning real life players when bots are running your game as they are now. Not that you will ever read this but, I am almost full on blocked spammers. 200 is not nearly enough, better up it to a 1k if you intend to focus your resources on players and not the bots. 

very on point.

T.T

30 minutes ago, Doomsdayz said:

Did you not get the idea that it was NCsofts fault for creating a buggy map? Okay, as a player, should I blame NCsoft should I be banned for stepping into a map and the ground textures are so buggy that i accidentally get teleported to the bottom floor, should I be banned for that? 

Of course not, but that isn't exploiting a bug.  That's finding a bug/falling victim to a bug.  If, however, there's some objective on that bottom level that you need, and you continue to make use of that bug to quickly get to the bottom level, *then* you are EXPLOITING the bug.

edit:  that said, if the map is so badly designed that there doesn't seem to be any way to the required objective except the exploit, then (and only then) I'd argue that it's acceptable to make use of the exploit.

5 minutes ago, GnatB said:

You're obviously lieing, or the only "programming" you've ever done are little flash movies.  There is no such thing as bug free code, and the more complex it is, the far likelier major things are to slip through.  There's a reason bugs exist in every MMO ever, and there's a reason the penalty in any well run MMO for exploiting those bugs is a ban.

Hi stranger, I don't know you and I don't need to care about you and your thoughts about my life. :) there are always penalties for any MMO, but banning a player(customer) permanently over a common bug is simply going beyond the company. In any case, I too hope that you talk as if you are in a company to create these games or else you're opinion of me or over the NCsoft ToS that you graciously worship are invalid.

Lol... 

All these discussion on programmer's is the one who is wrong or bots should be priority, are simply looking for excuse. It derail the focus.

It's common sense, it's exploit, it might get him banned. 

OP took risk assuming he wont get banned, a ban hammer hit his head. End of story.

The fact was stated on twitch we will not ban people who only occasionally used the exploit. The logs will show who abused it. So my guess if you went to the dungeon 20 times or more a day to farm it while using the exploit you got banned. If you ran the dungeon once a day and used it to make it go faster I doubt you really get banned. No one can force you to use the exploit i ran it my party used it I waited killing the monkey's till the door opened......This game is not hard who even bothers to cheat,  it's simply for profit to you and others to control the cost of items on the market. AKA gold sellers.

Then should I exploit NCsoft for creating such a buggy game to the point the game considered unplayable?  will I be able to get my hundreds of dollars back then? Probably not. As Bumlife said, the meaning can be reversed, if NCSOFT knows that the bug is being exploited why do they continue to allow people access to it? They're just as bad the people abusing the bug itself because they're letting them do it. Banning is a lazy strategy to rid themselves of the problem. If one person gets banned (one customer) then the five people in that dungeon with you should be banned too. Now, add all of the people they are losing over a measly bug. That's thousands of dollars they are losing over one thing.

29 minutes ago, GnatB said:

You're obviously lieing, or the only "programming" you've ever done are little flash movies.  There is no such thing as bug free code, and the more complex it is, the far likelier major things are to slip through.  There's a reason bugs exist in every MMO ever, and there's a reason the penalty in any well run MMO for exploiting those bugs is a ban.

Not only is he lying. Hes responding to forum members claiming they said things which they never did. He misquoted other forum members and never acknowledged his errors or went back to edit his filth he calls posts. Not only that, hes using passive aggressive tactics, like a little man child, to cover is oh so blatant illogical bs and downplay whats clearly fact not opinion...not even informed opinion.

Then comes the joke lol, he claims to not care what people think of him then turns around to respond...not even to the right person mind you, like I said earlier. Hes a tragic train wreck wannabe troll.

@Doomsdayz

Why don't you go do the exploit about 5 times and lets see what happens hmm?

I was in a party today in a cross dungeon where the whole party ssed through a door instead of fighting 2 bosses in the Supply chain...I left the party because I knew what they were doing is not the correct thing to do. I knew how to do it but I didn't...found myself another party...wasn't so hard.

My guess is that the majority of people who got banned are gold sellers. Do i have sympathy NOPE. Do I blame the game NOPE. Can you report glitches in game and give the devs time to work on them YEP. Do i want people using a glitch to farm something and make the market cost controlled by people who know for a fact they are cheating? Again Nope.  Does every game have glitches? Sure does. Does that make it right to take advantage and screw up the market for the people who play fair? Not at all. 

Just now, Emberlynia said:

My guess is that the majority of people who got banned are gold sellers. Do i have sympathy NOPE. Do I blame the game NOPE. Can you report glitches in game and give the devs time to work on them YEP. Do i want people using a glitch to farm something and make the market cost controlled by people who know for a fact they are cheating? Again Nope.  Does every game have glitches? Sure does. Does that make it right to take advantage and screw up the market for the people who play fair? Not at all. 

Naah. That assumption is unfair and go too far. It might be just people that's desperate enough because they have problem with upgrading their equip.

WHY they did it, is not really a factor anyway. The only fact that's is important is, You might get banned doing it.

All the logic of, they should banned the bots 1st, or it's NCsoft buggy game is the problem is moot point.

It might get banned, so if you get banned, that's it. The wheel of fate just handed you a 3-pack soul shield.

2 hours ago, Devinator00 said:

So whoever said they wouldn't be banning people for the ogong dungeon glitch you were wrong. I tried to log in this morning and found out my account was closed. I didn't even do the glitch that much. What a frickin joke at least another mmo is coming soon oh well peace.

What's messed up is all these bots running around hogging up all the resources, queing up for dungeons and arena matches and ruining the game for everyone and a player like ME gets banned for doing a simple glitch?? Yet bots go unpunished?? yeah what a joke.

I hardly see what bots have to do with you using an exploit, as they are two entirely different situations. And the only "joke" here is that these "adults" don't know the difference between right and wrong, and what they should or should not be doing. 

2 minutes ago, Toffee said:

I hardly see what bots have to do with you using an exploit, as they are two entirely different situations. And the only "joke" here is that these "adults" don't know the difference between right and wrong, and what they should or should not be doing. 

Not only that, they're using straw man tactics. Making customer service the topic of debate, shifting it from the topic of the op being punished for using an exploit. Everyone knows NCsoft's customer service is lacking but thats not the point yet they're trying to make it so. 

Putting up a non related topic of debate in this thread and then defeating it as if it were the original topic. Thats why this thread needs to be closed.

12 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

Not only is he lying. Hes responding to forum members claiming they said things which they never did. He misquoted other forum members and never acknowledged his errors or went back to edit his filth he calls posts. Not only that, hes using passive aggressive tactics, like a little man child, to cover is oh so blatant illogical bs and downplay whats clearly fact not opinion...not even informed opinion.

Then comes the joke lol, he claims to not care what people think of him then turns around to respond...not even to the right person mind you, like I said earlier. Hes a tragic train wreck wannabe troll.

@Doomsdayz Why don't you go do the exploit about 5 times and lets see what happens hmm?

I was in a party today in a cross dungeon where the whole party ssed through a door instead of fighting 2 bosses in the Supply chain...I left the party because I knew what they were doing is not the correct thing to do. I knew how to do it but I didn't...found myself another party...wasn't so hard.

You sir are a sad being. :( I feel sorry for you. Asking for people's approval just like a non-independent person you are, riding a bandwagon and is afraid to stand on his own beliefs. Please before you insult someone online, look in a mirror and ask yourself why you are so angry over words with alphabets and letters. All because I just simply do not agree with you but I respected that. Now you are just trading insults, not over a game but over a person and his personal life. I do not know you personally in real life, and you may be a kind person or may be not so-kind as I am seeing here but have some equanimity sir, it will get you far in life. I value people's opinions but when I don't agree, I simply, well.. I just don't agree. You need to take that to heart before you start calling people liars. You can't read people as well as you think you do, you're neither a psychologist nor do you even know my first name. :)

Archived