Got banned this morning. What a joke.

Devinator00

16 minutes ago, trocio said:

You dont have to read the ToS or wait for announcements to know that exploiting a bug is subject for ban hammer. Every logical person knows it is not allowed in any mmorpg, moba, fps, etc. Dont even try to justify stupid bug exploiters.

^This.

This is simple common sense. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Doomsdayz said:

To be honest, as a programmer myself, if us programmers don't code things correctly in-game and now it's users inside the game have found a way to exploit it, then who's fault is it? The programmers, no one else. To ban the players who might potentially pay for the game is a failure on NCsoft's part because not only are they losing valuable customers but it's a mistake on their part for creating such exploits in the first place. So many people talking like they know how players should be punished should go to school and learn more about the rules and prohibitions of creating a game. The only ones that should be getting banned are real-time hackers that exploit the game OUTSIDE its contents and the bots and spammers that continue to take up pixels and pixels of data that maliciously crowds their servers. Either they fix the game through maintenance or continue to lose customers. 

You'd bring this up in court and all my company's lawyers have to do is hit you with some papers with the terms and agreements written on them, the same terms and agreements you have to agree to in order to start playing the game, they then proceed to show your logs of the game which, by logic means you agreed to the terms and agreements each time for every log you made on your char. Your case gets thrown out.

2 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

Sure, insult me, and no, not until you learn that abusing someone is wrong, he may have got what was deserved, but saying it adds nothing to the discussion, as for me, I'd like to know how many times he did it, and why, to see where there threshold is. 

It's not abuse. It's in the ToS. 

Just what dont you understand about that?

How can u defend the exploit. You obviously knew that it was not intended. I'm sorry man but you are *cricket*ed by several layers

1) I'm sorry but ignorance is never an excuse . Furthermore you can't seriously think that purposeful going against game design intentionally would end well...

It's against the TOS which you signed willingly. You had the choice like many players to NOT exploit  it, but u did.

We are talking about gaming here. Why are you bringing up law and terms of agreements. OP barely even went beyond the terms and agreements. This is gaming we are talking about here, the only way they NCsoft would even consider a lawyer against you is if you use their idea for a game, stole their title, create it the same way and use it as your own. This is NCsofts fault for creating a buggy game. IF NCsoft KNOWS that there's a bug that players are abusing why are they not holding a maintenance now to fix it and return to the peace it once was and continue to gain more customers. 

1 minute ago, Nickilli said:

So you admit you are using the exploit but just want to know how many more times you can do it without getting punished?

Sure that's exactly what i said.... even tho I've stated, I've not preformed it -.-

Either way I give up with the way half the people degrade people in this thread, judging everyone by their own accumulative knowledge, or sensing someone's moral compass is as good as theirs. 

Open your eyes one day, and realise, you're just as Sh*t as someone that may exploit. because you're the people on the internet that insult, because you're *big* kids 

Maybe get off your high horse one day.

1 minute ago, Doomsdayz said:

We are talking about gaming here. Why are you bringing up law and terms of agreements. OP barely even went beyond the terms and agreements. This is gaming we are talking about here, the only way they NCsoft would even consider a lawyer against you is if you use their idea for a game, stole their title, create it the same way and use it as your own. This is NCsofts fault for creating a buggy game. IF NCsoft KNOWS that there's a bug that players are abusing why are they not holding a maintenance now to fix it and return to the peace it once was and continue to gain more customers. 

Sorry but you are wrong. There is a ToS when you create and account and you agree every you actually log in. You physically have to agree before u can log in. That's GG.

2 minutes ago, Doomsdayz said:

OP barely even went beyond the terms and agreements. 

He went. You of all people should know you either did something or you didn't do it. I also understand its a game...I just used law and lawyers since they follow facts and logic, something I assumed you as a programmer adhered to, wrong assumption on my part. Sorry.

12 minutes ago, Doomsdayz said:

To be honest, as a programmer myself, if us programmers don't code things correctly in-game and now it's users inside the game have found a way to exploit it, then who's fault is it? The programmers, no one else. To ban the players who might potentially pay for the game is a failure on NCsoft's part because not only are they losing valuable customers but it's a mistake on their part for creating such exploits in the first place. So many people talking like they know how players should be punished should go to school and learn more about the rules and prohibitions of creating a game. The only ones that should be getting banned are real-time hackers that exploit the game OUTSIDE its contents and the bots and spammers that continue to take up pixels and pixels of data that maliciously crowds their servers. Either they fix the game through maintenance or continue to lose customers. 

I am an aspiring programmer so with all due respect, sir, when you (as a player) discover a bug, you are supposed to report it and not exploit it just because a programmer made a mistake and come clean. You cannot come clean for exploiting anything or anyone for their mistakes.

25 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

Again the same, you're assuming everyone is knowledgeable. And people call me thick.

I got banned 13 years ago on my first mmorpg (ragnarok) for RMT. OP will be fine. We all need a hard lesson sometimes.

1 minute ago, Thoron said:

Sorry but you are wrong. There is a ToS when you create and account and you agree every you actually log in. You physically have to agree before u can log in. That's GG.

Did you not get the idea that it was NCsofts fault for creating a buggy map? Okay, as a player, should I blame NCsoft should I be banned for stepping into a map and the ground textures are so buggy that i accidentally get teleported to the bottom floor, should I be banned for that? Everyone may read the ToS or choose not to read it and just play the damn game but in the end, C U S T O M E R  S E R V I C E. That is all I'm saying. I'm defending OP on this one, NCsoft is not perfect but banning someone for some bug they rendered wrong is completely selfish. You guys don't need to like my idea or agree to it. I am saying this as a programmer for a game company. 

2 minutes ago, CassiveMock said:

I am an aspiring programmer so with all due respect, sir, when you (as a player) discover a bug, you are supposed to report it and not exploit it just because a programmer made a mistake and come clean. You cannot come clean for exploiting anything or anyone for their mistakes.

Zero day exploits are closed up because of other coders/users coming clean to the creators instead of using the exploit, same principle. As a programmer I thought he knew all this.

51 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

To be fair to everyone that did it before the announcement, its their fault for not issuing a statement on this exploit before... is twitch the only way to pass on information these days? maybe twitter? or maybe the dam forums? So bad part on NCsoft!

No, these things are clearly stated in the terms of service which you are expected to read. It should be obvious without any verbal announcement that it's an exploit, as in a glitch that is intentionally used for personal gain.
Didn't read the ToS? well that's bad on you, because these things are akin to contracts as you get screwed if you don't know what you're in for; read the letter cricket.

3 minutes ago, Doomsdayz said:

Did you not get the idea that it was NCsofts fault for creating a buggy map? Okay, as a player, should I blame NCsoft should I be banned for stepping into a map and the ground textures are so buggy that i accidentally get teleported to the bottom floor, should I be banned for that? Everyone may read the ToS or choose not to read it and just play the damn game but in the end, C U S T O M E R  S E R V I C E. That is all I'm saying. I'm defending OP on this one, NCsoft is not perfect but banning someone for some bug they rendered wrong is completely selfish. You guys don't need to like my idea or agree to it. I am saying this as a programmer for a game company. 

You are again wrong. You are honestly blinded by ur salt. You abused the the system and you KNEW that wasn't how it was meant to be played....you cannot  be serious.

Either way it's GG

If you're looking for sympathy, you're in the wrong place.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

57 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

To be fair to everyone that did it before the announcement, its their fault for not issuing a statement on this exploit before... is twitch the only way to pass on information these days? maybe twitter? or maybe the dam forums? So bad part on NCsoft!

Either way people that do it after yh sure, kick em all they deserve it, and as to the guy who says "Oh it says it in the TOS" oh *cricket* off you read that? no one reads that. Sure, it should be common knowledge that things like this are surely looked down upon. 

Either way they should of warned people along time before, No question there. 

Uhm, I do.  That said, it's in pretty much every ToS for every MMO ever, so.  uhm, yeah. exploiters should get banned.

48 minutes ago, Bumlife said:

I was taught by someone on how to do it. I though it was just a trick like resetting mobs by stepping on a top of a box or any elevated place.
If people will get banned because they did it in a party to finish a daily quest that would be over too much.

Which is also an exploit, incidentally.

4 minutes ago, Thoron said:

You are again wrong. You are honestly blinded by ur salt. You abused the the system and you KNEW that wasn't how it was meant to be played....you cannot  be serious.

Either way it's GG

And you sir, are not always right. Thank you for your salt and I do not have to agree with you. :) You must go beyond what you red cricket, not everything was made to be placed for you in a platter. Peace be with you.

And you sir, are not always right. Thank you for your salt and I do not have to agree with you. :) You must go beyond what you red cricket, not everything was made to be placed for you in a platter. Peace be with you.

Hes not right. Thats basic ethics withing the software development community. Hes just stating whats obvious and like the post that was above your's I'll say the same thing. You are blinded by your salt.

This thread needs closing...no....deletion.

2 hours ago, Devinator00 said:

So whoever said they wouldn't be banning people for the ogong dungeon glitch you were wrong. I tried to log in this morning and found out my account was closed. I didn't even do the glitch that much. What a frickin joke at least another mmo is coming soon oh well peace.

What's messed up is all these bots running around hogging up all the resources, queing up for dungeons and arena matches and ruining the game for everyone and a player like ME gets banned for doing a simple glitch?? Yet bots go unpunished?? yeah what a joke.

ur going get banned for  exploitive  u really think u  exploitive  an get away with it..O HELL NO dev dont like when ppl are  exploitive  there games

3 minutes ago, GnatB said:

If you're looking for sympathy, you're in the wrong place.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Uhm, I do.  That said, it's in pretty much every ToS for every MMO ever, so.  uhm, yeah. exploiters should get banned.

Which is also an exploit, incidentally.

what? stepping over a box?

Just now, KaLnoX said:

Hes not right. Thats basic ethics withing the software development community. Hes just stating whats obvious and like the post that was above your's I'll say the same thing. You are blinded by your salt.

This thread needs closing...no....deletion.

Annnd peace be with you fellow cricket. Your opinion is respected yet I do not agree with also. You can come to terms with your own thinking but not my thinking. Please come back when you've not only become an "aspiring" programmer but someone who ACTUALLY is hired to BE a programmer in a GAMING company. Thank you :)

Annnd peace be with you fellow cricket. Your opinion is respected yet I do not agree with also. You can come to terms with your own thinking but not my thinking. Please come back when you've not only become an "aspiring" programmer but someone who ACTUALLY is hired to BE a programmer in a GAMING company. Thank you :)

You clearly have reading and quoting problems which shouldn't be the case for a programmer, or a functioning member of society. Go read over who said what, then clean up your filth if you can come to terms with...your own thinking.

34 minutes ago, Doomsdayz said:

You're obviously lieing, or the only "programming" you've ever done are little flash movies.  There is no such thing as bug free code, and the more complex it is, the far likelier major things are to slip through.  There's a reason bugs exist in every MMO ever, and there's a reason the penalty in any well run MMO for exploiting those bugs is a ban.

Archived