Got banned this morning. What a joke.

Devinator00

Just now, LexyLee said:

Lol you are comparing robbing a bank to using something a glitch? wow.... you have some strange mind there. and who says the dam punishment is the same? And still are you forgetting people can be, and will be peer pressured? NOT everyone is as PERFECT as YOU!

Thick I see....

I was comparing knowingly breaking the rules.....

It does not matter how often you do it it deserves punishment you can not argue he did not know as he already admitted it.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

Lol you are comparing robbing a bank to using something a glitch? wow.... you have some strange mind there. and who says the dam punishment is the same? And still are you forgetting people can be, and will be peer pressured? NOT everyone is as PERFECT as YOU!

OP admitted to knowing he was doing some shady shit. What is your problem with reading letters that form words which in turn form complete sentences?

Just now, Nickilli said:

Thick I see....

I was comparing knowingly breaking the rules.....

It does not matter how often you do it it deserves punishment you can not argue he did not know as he already admitted it.

Ohhh an insult... so scared, much threat...grow up.

And yes but still he may not of know it was against the rules? this may be his first MMO, and may of only known after the livestream?

11 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

To be fair to everyone that did it before the announcement, its their fault for not issuing a statement on this exploit before... is twitch the only way to pass on information these days? maybe twitter? or maybe the dam forums? So bad part on NCsoft!

....? what did I just read they dont have to tell you not to do something thats OBVIOUSLY bypassing the in game features. Everyone who did this knew damn well it was an exploit and to use the excuse "they didnt tell us abusing an obvious exploit would have consequences" is just stupid.

11 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

To be fair to everyone that did it before the announcement, its their fault for not issuing a statement on this exploit before... is twitch the only way to pass on information these days? maybe twitter? or maybe the dam forums? So bad part on NCsoft!

Either way people that do it after yh sure, kick em all they deserve it, and as to the guy who says "Oh it says it in the TOS" oh *cricket* off you read that? no one reads that. Sure, it should be common knowledge that things like this are surely looked down upon. 

Either way they should of warned people along time before, No question there. 

You dont have to read the ToS or wait for announcements to know that exploiting a bug is subject for ban hammer. Every logical person knows it is not allowed in any mmorpg, moba, fps, etc. Dont even try to justify stupid bug exploiters.

3 minutes ago, Senzura said:

....? what did I just read they dont have to tell you not to do something thats OBVIOUSLY bypassing the in game features. Everyone who did this knew damn well it was an exploit and to use the excuse "they didnt tell us abusing an obvious exploit would have consequences" is just stupid.

Ugh, I'm saying Ncsoft should of did a PSA sooner, and maybe on a betta outlet, aka the forums. Either way some may not have know, im sorry people aren't as knowledgeable as you, im sorry if it might have peoples first game maybe. but you saying oh no NCsoft where fine, is not right.

1 minute ago, LexyLee said:

Ohhh an insult... so scared, much threat...grow up.

And yes but still he may not of know it was against the rules? this may be his first MMO, and may of only known after the livestream?

It is in the TOS that we have to read or are supposed to read and agree to before every game session.

So he did know that using an exploit is a violation of the rules or should have and since he admitted it was an exploit and did it then he has no defense.

But Me thinks she does protest to much are you worried they are working through the logs and you may get banned for using the exploit?

3 minutes ago, trocio said:

You dont have to read the ToS or wait for announcements to know that exploiting a bug is subject for ban hammer. Every logical person knows it is not allowed in any mmorpg, moba, fps, etc. Dont even try to justify stupid bug exploiters.

Again the same, you're assuming everyone is knowledgeable. And people call me thick.

3 minutes ago, ChanChan said:

Grammar offense: THE truth IS*

And the rest of your sentence is just a train wreck. Get a tutor.

Ohh actually.... "True," close though, now stop try and correcting people and go do sth productive -.-

Oh and sorry...if you read it now, I hope it pleases your eyes...

Ohh actually.... "True," close though, now stop try and correcting people and go do sth productive -.-

3rd grade elementary students shouldn't be allowed to play this game. Did you get your parent's permission?

And I am doing something productive. I'm derailing a pointless thread by insulting its OP.

ZFG.

You mean productive as in defending people who cheat and exploit and admit they did it?

Is that your idea of productive.

4 minutes ago, trocio said:

Tbh the last MMO I played delivered absolutely no punishments for skipping through dungeons and as such the majority of people did them. They'd also leave those kind of exploits in for months and when they did get round to it in some cases, they'd do a half arsed job of it. Still I'm happy they're taking actions and the cheaters deserve little sympathy. For minor exploiters I'd say a temp ban should suffice as a warning, especially since they said they'd ban those that exploited it 100s of times. But it's good that negatively impacting the economy due to self gain won't be tolerated. That last MMO I played became a horrible experience.

Just now, Nickilli said:

You mean productive as in defending people who cheat and exploit and admit they did it?

Is that your idea of productive.

No but trying to not just sh*t on someone because you know nothing about him is. you dont know how many times he did it, or why he did it. 

6 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

But Me thinks she does protest to much are you worried they are working through the logs and you may get banned for using the exploit?

Highly probable assumption. Either that or the person is a troll for which they should be banned/warned.

Just now, LexyLee said:

No but trying to not just sh*t on someone because you know nothing about him is. you dont know how many times he did it, or why he did it. 

It does not matter how often or why...

If you break the rules you get punished for it and you deserve to get punished for it.

He knew it wa an exploit and knew it was wrong even admitted to doing it there is No Defense.

To be honest, as a programmer myself, if us programmers don't code things correctly in-game and now it's users inside the game have found a way to exploit it, then who's fault is it? The programmers, no one else. To ban the players who might potentially pay for the game is a failure on NCsoft's part because not only are they losing valuable customers but it's a mistake on their part for creating such exploits in the first place. So many people talking like they know how players should be punished should go to school and learn more about the rules and prohibitions of creating a game. The only ones that should be getting banned are real-time hackers that exploit the game OUTSIDE its contents and the bots and spammers that continue to take up pixels and pixels of data that maliciously crowds their servers. Either they fix the game through maintenance or continue to lose customers. 

Sounds like you need to go do it. 10,000 times. Anything less is for the weak.

1 minute ago, Nickilli said:

It does not matter how often or why...

If you break the rules you get punished for it and you deserve to get punished for it.

He knew it wa an exploit and knew it was wrong even admitted to doing it there is No Defense.

I'm not defending him as much for finding his reasons, merely trying to say you're just shouting abuse at him for a mistake me made, oh someone took weed once in there life oh no he's a terrible person...

Just now, fritters said:

OP got what he deserved. That's it.

@/nub who's defending OP

Just shut up already 

Sure, insult me, and no, not until you learn that abusing someone is wrong, he may have got what was deserved, but saying it adds nothing to the discussion, as for me, I'd like to know how many times he did it, and why, to see where there threshold is. 

Archived