Sign in to follow this  
Jaquelidor

Curse of the Founder Weapon Skin

I like the look of the Founder Weapon skin. However, it's starting to feel more like a curse than a benefit because I also like the look of other weapon skins with certain outfits. But since the Founder Weapon skin was a one-time-use item I can't switch to one of those other weapon skins without losing forever the Founder Weapon skin.

What was intended to be a fun benefit of being a B&S Founder has, for myself at least, become a quiet curse. A nagging sense of disappointment in NCSoft for not coming up with a solution that would allow the skin to be re-used as many times as desired just as the Founder Costumes can be used over and over and not just on one character but on any character on your account.

JJhopper   
10 minutes ago, Jaquelidor said:

I like the look of the Founder Weapon skin. However, it's starting to feel more like a curse than a benefit because I also like the look of other weapon skins with certain outfits. But since the Founder Weapon skin was a one-time-use item I can't switch to one of those other weapon skins without losing forever the Founder Weapon skin.

What was intended to be a fun benefit of being a B&S Founder has, for myself at least, become a quiet curse. A nagging sense of disappointment in NCSoft for not coming up with a solution that would allow the skin to be re-used as many times as desired just as the Founder Costumes can be used over and over and not just on one character but on any character on your account.

No, it should not be the only special skin. 

Sachi   

I feel you.. :/
I left my founders skin untouched in my storage as I don't want to lose something I spent money on.

Yamyatos   

There are 3 kind of people

1. didnt even use the skin and never will cuz it's to precious, effectively making it worthless

2. used it instantly and replaced it because he/she didnt give a single fck about the item and doesnt care

3. used it and didnt replace it but for the sole reason that it's unique and will be lost

Hope you see the problem with every one. Well i guess 2 doesnt have a problem since he/she doesnt care, but the others effectively dont gain anything from the skin. If you dont use it, it's trash that takes up one space. You will *never* use it, since you'll always say that it's to precious. If you used it and dont like it anymore, just reskin. You dont cry about the item after it's gone. Or keep it but he unhappy with your outfit. 

But jeah i get you. I also dislike how they handled this. 

KaLnoX   

I suggest they add it to a created list of skins you bought/obtained ever since and whenever you want to change a skin you pay coin(1g) for the skin you already obtained/used.

So to dumb it down;

Bob wastes 960 nCoin on a skin, he has the skin and can use it whenever he pleases but its not added to his skins list. He uses the skin.

Bob then glamors a wep with another one he paid 3 copper for to match a shitty looking outfit he thinks looks cool af, when he glamors the wep with the 3copper skin, the 960 nCoin skin the wep had before gets added to the said skins list. 

If for some weird reason bob comes to his senses and realizes how crappy the 3copper skin looks with his even crappier costume he can go to a designated npc or tab in inventory(whatever) which holds a list of all the skins he used before and pays 1 gold to buy back that skin regardless of how much nCoin Bob wasted on it before.

Bob now gets back his long lost 960 nCoin skin by paying up 1g.....but still wears that crappy costume. Bob is happy. All is well.

Edited by KaLnoX

Azseri   
28 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

I suggest they add it to a created list of skins you bought/obtained ever since and whenever you want to change a skin you pay coin(1g) for the skin you already obtained/used.

So to dumb it down;

Bob wastes 960 nCoin on a skin, he has the skin and can use it whenever he pleases but its not added to his skins list. He uses the skin.

Bob then glamors a wep with another one he paid 3 copper for to match a shitty looking outfit he thinks looks cool af, when he glamors the wep with the 3copper skin, the 960 nCoin skin the wep had before gets added to the said skins list. 

If for some weird reason bob comes to his senses and realizes how crappy the 3copper skin looks with his even crappier costume he can go to a designated npc or tab in inventory(whatever) which holds a list of all the skins he used before and pays 1 gold to buy back that skin regardless of how much nCoin Bob wasted on it before.

Bob now gets back his long lost 960 nCoin skin by paying up 1g.....but still wears that crappy costume. Bob is happy. All is well.

Yeah something like this is needed, the fact they put such a high price on 1 time use weapons means they probably are not selling any at all in this state, of the hundreds of players I have seen knocking around since launch, I have not seen a single nccoin weapon equipped on someone, you would have to either be rich enough not to give a shit about cost, or not understand that it was 1time use until after purchase, at that price it should be a given that you can take it off and apply it again an unlimited amount of times similar to the costume, which is why some people may fall into the latter category, who we all have a bit of sympathy for as ncsoft just screwed them.

Bezerko   
3 hours ago, Yamyatos said:

There are 3 kind of people

1. didnt even use the skin and never will cuz it's to precious, effectively making it worthless

2. used it instantly and replaced it because he/she didnt give a single fck about the item and doesnt care

3. used it and didnt replace it but for the sole reason that it's unique and will be lost

Hope you see the problem with every one. Well i guess 2 doesnt have a problem since he/she doesnt care, but the others effectively dont gain anything from the skin. If you dont use it, it's trash that takes up one space. You will *never* use it, since you'll always say that it's to precious. If you used it and dont like it anymore, just reskin. You dont cry about the item after it's gone. Or keep it but he unhappy with your outfit. 

But jeah i get you. I also dislike how they handled this. 

4.  Didn't bother using it because it was ugly and left it in the bank.

It kind of makes me wonder why they even bothered with testing phases if NCWest didn't feel like listening to the feedback.  The founder pack being account wide and subsequently the weapon skin was the second largest thread in the beta forums.  Second only to the "show your character" thread.

founder weapon skin is the ugliest skin i've come across. i'd be glad to lose it but it's not even worth being used in first place so it's just quietly sitting in my bank.

I do feel like sometime its better if I never had it. removing the skin gave me a sense of regret.

Might have kept it if it was reusable (I'm mean seriously why make it one time use only? its not exactly trad-able or usable for all classes)

Edited by Evilshana

It would be nice if the cosmetic purchases from the hongmoon store were able to be stored to the wardrobe, for all characters to access. This would be separate from the Premium-only wardrobe feature, and as such, only available for the the said purchased cosmetics.

Skyfire   

I'm with you on this.  I don't want to transmute to any other skin because I would loose my founder's skin so now I got this rusty looking bangle and wanting to try out different ones from the Hongmoon Store.  Unfortunately I am not going to just blow off my $140 skin for a $4 one, thus, not buying any weapon skins at all.