Sign in to follow this  
Nubmuffin

Possiblity for original voices in story line?

Hey guys,

I really love the story of blade and soul and I am watching every cinematic. The only thing that honestly disturbs me is the bad voice acting. From all the voice acting in the entire game almost non of the characters sound anywhere near good. So I was wondering if there is a possibility to have the original voices from say Korea in the game with English subtitles. Is anyone aware of this being possible at all? And if so, how is it done?

I've heard the original acting and it was amazing. I really like the story, but the voice overs are so bad it's off putting. 

Cheers for any info,

Nubmuffin

Qondar   

Julianne answered that in a fairly recent stream.  She said it was doubtful they would ever add the original voices because the lip sync wasn't set up for them, and without that it wouldn't meet their standards of quality.

Which I don't really get, since the lip sync must be set up in the Korean version, so I would think just bring that over too, and use whichever one goes with the language people select.

2 minutes ago, Qondar said:

Julianne answered that in a fairly recent stream.  She said it was doubtful they would ever add the original voices because the lip sync wasn't set up for them, and without that it wouldn't meet their standards of quality.

Which I don't really get, since the lip sync must be set up in the Korean version, so I would think just bring that over too, and use whichever one goes with the language people select.

So basically, no it's not coming. That's a shame. Was really hoping that it would.

Thanks for the answer! :)

Ninfu   
5 minutes ago, Qondar said:

Funniest thing about this is that "standards of quality"

Even if lips were not synced it would still be 100000x better than having these horrible english voices. Their standards are already low so it would only improce to have diffrent voices.

Most likely they wont bring it because it would cost money to get licenses

It's also not coming because NCWest has made slight changes to various arks within the story during their localization........ so like.... yeah its definitely worse AND different than KR...

No original voice acting for us. It would be nice as its far superior.

Qondar   
4 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Funniest thing about this is that "standards of quality"

Even if lips were not synced it would still be 100000x better than having these horrible english voices.

Good point.  And the other thing is: it's not like the current lip syncing for english is that great to begin with.  To me they seem un-synced enough that originally, I assumed we had the Korean mouth movements with english audio.  (Which gave it a bit of an authentic dubbed martial arts movie feel, but...I'd rather have the original voices.)  So I was really surprised when she said that.

Ninfu   
6 minutes ago, Qondar said:

Good point.  And the other thing is: it's not like the current lip syncing for english is that great to begin with.  To me they seem un-synced enough that originally, I assumed we had the Korean mouth movements with english audio.  (Which gave it a bit of an authentic dubbed martial arts movie feel, but...I'd rather have the original voices.)  So I was really surprised when she said that.

Yup Ncsoft has been giving lame excuses to cut corners and making their job easier.