Why is Q/E/SS so unresponsive?

Eninya

I'm very close to quitting my KFM purely because I hate how these core/critical defensive abilities that we have to master and use often are borderline unusable. I'm sick and tired of dying or taking massive hits from telegraphed attacks because Q and E (especially) do not respond to multiple button presses for the coming attack. My latency is no more than 70ms and I have no frame lag, but this is an extremely often recurring problem. There's no difference between close timing or attempting to utilize it in advance--the skills activate with almost random responsiveness to a lot of attacks and I'm forced to try and counter as many things as possible.

My fallback is backstepping (tapping S... many times), which is more reliable, but only because it has no circumstance for activating and still takes a tremendous amount of presses to trigger. I cannot time that close to an attack *at all* or I easily risk being hit.

Has anyone else dealt with this or found a way to overcome it all? I struggle with bosses as simple as the primary four level 45 dungeons or Mushin's Tower 1F. It's a joke and it's making me want to reroll to try and find something with a more fluid avoidance mechanic.

The only things I can think are these:

• You are still pressing other abilities while pressing Q/E, and Q/E won't cancel animations of other abilities. They seem to be lower priority in my experience. If I'm doing 2r2rf and just try to spam Q to get a side step in, I have to stop my combo and let the Q animate. 
  • You are out of range to Q/E sometimes when this happens and didn't notice.

I run around 50-70ms myself and don't have issues with Q/E being unresponsive except for the situations I mentioned above. The first one took me a while to figure out because I assumed Q/E would have a much higher priority than other attacks (and it should...). 

I don't have such issues with Q/E/SS.

Keep in mind that Q/E do not cancel other animations just like Kutsuu said. If you try to Q/E while DPSing, it won't work. You have to stop hitting, then Q/E, then go back to DPSing. You can't just keep mashing buttons and cancel everything.

You also have to target an enemy and be in melee range with it in order to Q/E. If you're a bit too far, it won't work, and if you're not targetting it, it won't work either.

As for SS, maybe you're hitting your button too slow ? I have no problems with SSing with only two button presses. I never press more than two times actually, but I do it very quickly. I know that you have to be pretty fast, if your second press comes a bit too late, your char will just backpedal.

Don´t know about higher levels as I have only lvl 21 blade master and now 8/9 KFm but from my experience if you mash ss/backstep too fast it won´t react either.I checked my ping which is 20 so there is no ping related trouble on my side.

I always attributed that to the fact I have to press S twice, which takes a little bit of time in itself. But yes I noticed that too.

By the way, range for Q and E is 5m, but they port you within 3m range. Nice mechanic to evade before being hit while running up to the opponent. ;)

What i noticed and this is my opinion only , maybe some devs can clear this up , if your in 3m q/e combo suffers some modifications , for example , if you q/e wille the enemy is about to hit you will evade and not side steep , if you fall far from 3m , then you will side step and continue your combo with eighter bicicle kick or f combo . 

Archived