Assassin vs. Bot (Destroyer) Guide

Ulca

Greetings Fellow Backstabbers,

You must have been annoyed by all of the auto-turning bots in the Arena. Here are some tips on how to deal with them:

1. Spec your poison on the HP Leech PvE Dot and Spam it as soon as possible.
2. Spec your shuriken with the Slow talent so that you can gradually kite the Destroyer around the room. (This skill is your friend)

3. Spend their escape cooldowns as soon as possible, after which they become mostly useless.
4. When they use the red/storm/immunity skill GTFout of there and run as far away as possible (SS+Lightining is a good way to do this)

5. Tab is your friend because it slows their autoturn giving you time to Tab+Stealth

6. Try to fight the bot near the corner of the Arena because they usually get bugged there.

7. Pay attention from time to time when you stun them and Ani-Cancel in case their bot has gotten bugged. If it is, then just LBM them slowly to death. *If you use KDs or other effect skills you might reset their bot back into action.

8. Their first skill is usually going to be the jump which gives you great advantage to place a flower and rbm stealth via gliding.

Fighting Bottards is going to be really annoying, and fighting them is similar to real destroyers. Keep out of their range without X on them / Q / SS ready. Don't fight them without stealth, straight on and when they buff themselves. Dot, range attacks and slow fighting is your friend. Even if the time runs out, you should surely have more damage than them.

Have fun.

My strat:

1: Run forward like a BM then jump to waste any potential jump. Rinse and repeat.

2: Right click stealth and run, watch for the resist spin.

3: Resist spin, run around til they use it up; no resist spin press 3 for stun watch as they blow tab.

4: Run up with spinal tap at 3 points and RMB F followed by a last second 4 for a stun.

5: Hook kick and run or blast attacks for a knock up and web in the air

6: Send poison bugs and tab 1 them, repeat step 4

7: Mess up, well guess you can tab they wont exploit it or anything

Man people c'mon this is all you have to do.

1. run straight at him and press counter mid arena.

2. Back  up, even if he knocks you out of stealth who cares, typically just body swap him now.

When in stealth use #3 a second after he starts spinning <- now he waste his tab.

Charge straight at him from stealth and kill him...?? Its not hard.

I run full combo build and the destroyers die within the first minute of most matches.

Well I guess you are good assasin then. But some bot are really good even thought it is predictable, or at least above average lvl. Also not all bot are same, it seem some ppl use their bot with their default setting and some use with better setting. When you google for these bot community they are talking about their 30-80% win rate. 

So its not easy for everyone to win bots, at least not as easy as it should be.

• 2 weeks later...

Every week the bos received a improved AI and now this bots can react to the 95% of the situations, the strange is you can fight 4 types of bots.

1- A bot perma spin (Destroyer, weak).
2- A bot rusher stunner combo (Destroyer, strong).
3- A bot with full resists all CC like a blade dancer  and a midle in to spin and combo stuns (Destroyer, too strong).
4- The past week appear a new summoner bot incredible rusher and you die in 14 seconds.(imposible)

In tag match this week appear group of summoners bots.

In the beginning the routine of desroyers bots are the same but now the bots are elvoved.

15 hours ago, Ra9eQuit said:

Spinal Tap 3 Points is absolutely genius. Thank you dear Assassin players. I guess I just solved all my problems with destroyer bots, even tho I am already winning against them often.

If you put Spinal Tap in 3 you lose the penetration blocks so i think is not useful.

Thats all BS. none of that works.

I've probably fought over 1000 destro bots and majority are immune to stuns, kd, stealth or anything else most of the time.

It's straight up hacking and cheating and the fact that ncsoft allows this is just criminal.  NO other class has a problem because they dont have to play from stealth and the surprise game like sins.   the DETRO bots are computer programs, they will always react faster than humans.  It's simple coding:  If A, Then B.  If we as a sin press a Key to go to flower, the destro bot instantly without hesitation jumps to our flower as well because If A, then B.  Humans take more time to react, bots are comprised of 0's and 1's.  computer code.  They make NO errors.

Forget that they turn when we web or stun them.  Forget that they make us lag.  Forget that Tab switch NEVER frickin works on them.  But the worst thing even beyond them seeing us through stealth 100% is that there is no surprise game, and thats the only way sin can win.

EVERYTIME if i'm in stealth and i press a button to make a move in stealth, the bot reacts so instantaneous that it will iterally arrive at my location or react to me almost before i'm reacting.  Flower is the perfect example:  if i am stealth and move to flower all the way across the arena, the bot will simultaneous jump across the arena to my flower even though i'm in stealth and there is no way it could know i'm doing that. 

90% of our skills don't work.  Most of the time they resist EVERY FRICKIN THING.  They resist stuns.  Tab switch.  KD's.  Poisons.  Etc........

This bullshit has basically made arena unplayable for sins.  Why is Ncsoft allowing this to continue? 

Now I know all the 1900+ sins wont complain because there are no bots up there, all the bots are in the 1600-1850 range. 

I welcome any and all videos or instruction from any 1900+ sins who consistently can beat all destro bots all day and night.    The destro bots are programmed to make sins obsolete in arena.  But if you have a way, plz post the videos.  Not ONE or two fights, but numerous fights showing consistent arena victories against these hackers.

Ok 1st when i use 3 to extend stealth destro bot always kd me

2nd when i x n then tryin to proc x n do aerial ..destro on second x bk steps lololo.

Some times bot puts me out og stealth from 10 + meters.

Think is that there are many version of bots but lately the vetsion 3 as i call them are tough.

Only think that works for me is ice mine x stealth flower 4 points long webbing.

Usually i start game put flower then x stealth then x then wait if stop spins i proc x if lucky n he not ss the proc i aerial combo web ice bomb freeze run away stall then im carefull when he comes near to decoy stealth then x then if safe proc x aerial every 30 secs flower down etc.

I havent seen bot that u can start with run air rb stealth cause always jump at u n stun.

Tab swap works like 7/10 times after that dont lb stun but use

Tab 1 3 the 3 will give u distance just poke damage n patience

4 hours ago, Sh0tcalla` said:

Thats all BS. none of that works.

I've probably fought over 1000 destro bots and majority are immune to stuns, kd, stealth or anything else most of the time.

It's straight up hacking and cheating and the fact that ncsoft allows this is just criminal.  NO other class has a problem because they dont have to play from stealth and the surprise game like sins.   the DETRO bots are computer programs, they will always react faster than humans.  It's simple coding:  If A, Then B.  If we as a sin press a Key to go to flower, the destro bot instantly without hesitation jumps to our flower as well because If A, then B.  Humans take more time to react, bots are comprised of 0's and 1's.  computer code.  They make NO errors.

Forget that they turn when we web or stun them.  Forget that they make us lag.  Forget that Tab switch NEVER frickin works on them.  But the worst thing even beyond them seeing us through stealth 100% is that there is no surprise game, and thats the only way sin can win.

EVERYTIME if i'm in stealth and i press a button to make a move in stealth, the bot reacts so instantaneous that it will iterally arrive at my location or react to me almost before i'm reacting.  Flower is the perfect example:  if i am stealth and move to flower all the way across the arena, the bot will simultaneous jump across the arena to my flower even though i'm in stealth and there is no way it could know i'm doing that. 

90% of our skills don't work.  Most of the time they resist EVERY FRICKIN THING.  They resist stuns.  Tab switch.  KD's.  Poisons.  Etc........

This bullshit has basically made arena unplayable for sins.  Why is Ncsoft allowing this to continue? 

Now I know all the 1900+ sins wont complain because there are no bots up there, all the bots are in the 1600-1850 range. 

I welcome any and all videos or instruction from any 1900+ sins who consistently can beat all destro bots all day and night.    The destro bots are programmed to make sins obsolete in arena.  But if you have a way, plz post the videos.  Not ONE or two fights, but numerous fights showing consistent arena victories against these hackers.

It's old video I made,  I'm way better now and destro bots can barely drop my down to 80% every fight, they repeat exactly same shit over n over, you just need to learn ot counter it then you'll reach plat easily, I might make a better video of fighting destro bots but it's hard at the moment because I don't get bots at 1950+ :( n I'm not willing to de rank for that.

It isn't that hard people.

If the bot uses rage, just kite in stealth and wait the duration.

If the bot isn't spinning, 3 in stealth will stun him, wait and he will use his tab. Swap and combo and its over.

If the bot is spinning, shadow shuriken, knock him down with 1 knockdown during stealth and catch his backroll with shadow shuriken. Start combo.

If he tabs and you aren't into stealth just SS, decoy and wait for him to use a CC on you and then LMB stun and start the combo.

Destroyer doesn't have a tab? body swap and start your combo.

Destroyer uses rage again? just run away and cover yourself with decoy when hes within your range.

Spec for landmine, shadow slash 3 knockdown, stealth 1 knockdown. catch his backroll with shadow shuriken with any of these knockdowns.

Destroyer has no tab, but you still have yours and he grabs you? Use your tab, F, stun, start combo.

Don't shadow shuriken immediately after you stealth, the bot will usually SS, wait for SS and then throw it.

Don't decoy too early, wait a moment within body swap range of the destroyer, then decoy.

During the start of the match, put down your flower. If the destroyer runs at you, tab switch them immediately, decoy, or use your Lotus Fury 5 hit iframe C. Got stunned anyway? Flower. Body swap, stun and take out his tab and run away. Was he in rage? just use smoke bomb stealth to run the hell away while its over.

Destroyer is immune to ALL CC DURING HIS RED AURA around him. Decoy and you will be fine.

Don't play like the guy in the video. I am sure he is good now but this video is seriously not the way to play against bots. The matches shouldn't be this long at all. The longer you play, the more seconds off of his CD on rage and his tab escape and backroll. Be fast. Stun often. Run only from his rage. Decoy everything else. Use your tab escape as a stun.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS, JUST KITE, USE TAB SWITCH STUN AND LET HIM TAB, RUN AWAY WAIT FOR YOUR TAB SWITCH AGAIN, AND THEN START COMBO.

Bots bring only one escape. Tab escapes are usually like 36 seconds I believe. Tab switch is 18 seconds.

The very first time I fought a destroyer bot, didn't even get me to 90% HP, it was that easy.

If you can't kill destroyer bots then the only problem is you. And if you said that you tried everything and nothing works, its you who isn't working. So I advise you to get gud.

I can't put up a video because I am 2000+ ratings. But if a PvP rank reset and people still have trouble with dest bots. I will make a video.

Archived