Naryu Lab.. No legendary... Opinions on better solutions

Tubby

As anyone who watched the stream yesterday NCSOFT has announced that Naryu Lab will NOT be containing a legendary weapon.  They have stated that by bringing over the build from other servers there is no way possible that individuals could enchant and evolve the weapon without a cash shop item.  They are "standing strong by our non p2w system".  Good, most people do not want a p2w system in any game anymore and I am happy to see they are standing strong behind this statement.  This being said I believe removing the content entirely is absolutely the wrong decision and let me tell you why.   I played on JP for about a year and this dungeon is 1 of the first mechanically challenging, long and difficult dungeons I had encountered.  Even running the 6 man could be challenging even with somewhat strong weapons. The main, and for some the only reason to run this was the legendary box (yes i know the costume is amazing).  I am talking from my own experience and others I have played with, most runs will take around 30+ minutes and on top of that I know people that took 400 runs yes 400 to get their weapon box (this is from JP server I have no idea what the drop rate in NA will be like).  Now considering the revamp of the legendary weapon is indefinite you now have an incredible new dungeon that is rendered absolutely worthless to run other than out of pure enjoyment and lets face it most people on NA don't PvE without some type of reward.

Now id just be a dick if i posted that without some input of what they could do differently.  My own opinion on this matter would be to put the box back into the loot table so people have a reason to run the dungeon.  Now seeing how people can obtain the box there must be a way to bide time until the issue is resolved with how to enchant and evolve it without being p2w.  Either have the box locked and unable to open (special key of some sort not in game) or be able to open the box and maybe stop the enchantment process at the first limit break.  This is just my opinion on the matter I do not know if it is even possible but I am sure there is a solution better than removing the whole item from the game.  I would like to hear others opinion on this matter and see if they have some type of better solution to this issue this is what this post is all about.

As far as the enchantment goes http://www.inmatesgaming.com/dragon-spring-legendary-weapon.html is the current site I always used to look up the materials.  The main problems I see that our economy cannot support is the medals of honor and the returning soul stones because they are not implemented.  As far as a solution to this I believe putting more machismo replacing the medal of honor at a 2:1 ratio so 2 machismos to 1 MOH would be a proper solution.  To add to that I would increase the amount of soul stones by triple to replace the returning soul stones and use a 3/4 ratio for the gold because dailies in there current state take a long long time to make 1k gold.  Doing this would keep people farming... yes its a grind but for the absolute best weapon in the game not all people should have it.  Hope this doesn't hit the 5th page in 10 minutes and I hope to hear from the community thanks for reading :).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just so people know that there will still be a reason to do the dungeon: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/47ke33/no_legendary_weapons_coming_with_march_2_update/d0e19q7

To quote Jonathan: "

We are adding a Moonwater Soul item that will use items from Naryu Labyrinth to create so there will definitely be a reason to run it!

Plus the cosmetics from Fujin, Raijin, and the box :)

Meaning that we will be getting a soul before 50 content. So while it's not legendary weapon, it's at least something more than just the cosmetics. 

This version is getting more disappointing with every patch, they did say earlier on we would be following KR patch's and only them,  but obviously thats not the case, they are adding bits from all versions, its turning into a right mess. As for Naryu Lab and also Mushin Tower floor 8 they are totally pointless content there is nothing in them to make it worth while running due to the changes they have done here.

As for P2W, its already P2W with the currency exchange, you can buy Ncoin, exchange it for gold and buy mats to upgrade your gear, the more cash you spend the more you can upgrade, thats pretty much 100% P2W. most games are called P2W when you can buy new top gear with cash, but this game does not have new gear you upgrade into, you simply upgrade the same gear all through the game and the fact you can pay cash to upgrade more is pretty much the same.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

just so people know that there will still be a reason to do the dungeon: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/47ke33/no_legendary_weapons_coming_with_march_2_update/d0e19q7

We are adding a Moonwater Soul item that will use items from Naryu Labyrinth to create so there will definitely be a reason to run it!

Meaning that we will be getting a soul before 50 content. So while it's not legendary weapon, it's at least something more than just the cosmetics. 

Alright its nice to see that they are trying to remedy it a little bit it feels as though it is basically a bandaid on someone who just had their arm chopped off... I really dont see that as a proper solutions considering the amount of time people will be spending there

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

hmm last week they posted this  so I guess they changed plans yet again !!!!!!!!! I seriouslly think they just make up things as they go along, they obviously have no set progress worked out

UPDATE: I just spoke to the development team and the Pirate Soul will not be available in our version. Instead, we will be using the Cursed Soul that is available the TW version for example. This will be available with the Silverfrost Mountains update and is created by collecting three broken pieces from level 50 dungeons in order to create the Cursed Soul.

Statement that theres no way adding legendary to game without making p2w is bullshit. They only had to think materials and stuff what we would be using to evolve it this decision is pure shit and dissapointment.

So far i've nothing to do after getting soulshields after day or two and then what? Level new characters well i hate leveling up and i cant stand it. Make more money? Yeah making more money so i can spent it for legendary was my goal but quess what no legendary till summer so yeah why would i stick with this game blah. Play pvp for 1-2 hours per day? Maybe other  than that no thanks it has nothing to offer me anymore

13 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

This version is getting more disappointing with every patch, they did say earlier on we would be following KR patch's and only them,  but obviously thats not the case, they are adding bits from all versions, its turning into a right mess. As for Naryu Lab and also Mushin Tower floor 8 they are totally pointless content there is nothing in them to make it worth while running due to the changes they have done here.

As for P2W, its already P2W with the currency exchange, you can buy Ncoin, exchange it for gold and buy mats to upgrade your gear, the more cash you spend the more you can upgrade, thats pretty much 100% P2W. most games are called P2W when you can buy new top gear with cash, but this game does not have new gear you upgrade into, you simply upgrade the same gear all through the game and the fact you can pay cash to upgrade more is pretty much the same.

Pretty much the same: 100% agree.

7 minutes ago, Avatari said:

Statement that theres no way adding legendary to game without making p2w is bullshit. They only had to think materials and stuff what we would be using to evolve it this decision is pure shit and dissapointment.

So far i've nothing to do after getting soulshields after day or two and then what? Level new characters well i hate leveling up and i cant stand it. Make more money? Yeah making more money so i can spent it for legendary was my goal but quess what no legendary till summer so yeah why would i stick with this game blah. Play pvp for 1-2 hours per day? Maybe other  than that no thanks it has nothing to offer me anymore

I agree and its just about how I feel at the moment, also other versions had a legendary weapon at the 45 cap, so in reallity its all down the the fact they are holding back on the required mats, which could have easily been added into Lab and made it actually worth while running

This can be fixed easy - I'm guessing lazy company or Dev's being gits

As they stated

Legendary weapons will not be coming in the Unchained update. It is currently extremely difficult to upgrade a Legendary weapon without adding P2W components. We are keeping firm on our principle to not have P2W. Legendary weapons will come at a later time, after it is evaluated on how to provide players with more natural and more accessible means of upgrading.

Obviously there would have been items in the shop so people could upgrade instantly without effort

The easy fix which I'm amazed they haven't thought of is the following

1. Add the P2W items as drops in dungeon just make them lower drop rates

2. Add P2W items in shop for upgrading on shop but make it a daily limit - People that spend need some sort of advantage since they support the game

3. Also your probably best adding auto look random to the new dungeon since current ones are being abused by boxing etc etc

I'm sure theres other way's but this is NCSoft so I actually was expecting this to happen :)

5 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

I agree and its just about how I feel at the moment, also other versions had a legendary weapon at the 45 cap, so in reallity its all down the the fact they are holding back on the required mats, which could have easily been added into Lab and made it actually worth while runng

Personally because if this im thinking just quiting ofc this is not main reason. Everything been piling up bit by bit and this was nail in the coffin so have to figure things out over weekend but atleast now i've lost all my interest to play this game

Although this would not make me quit BnS because this is probably my favorite MMO ever it seems to be a common trend with NCSOFT so far to leave out the absolute most important parts of the patch...  Release of the new hongoom skill,,, cant complete the quest.. release of lab... no legendary... whats next release of haunted mansion with no evolution material?  Now I didnt make this post to just bash NCSOFT or their team but rather to just show some community discontent over the issue and hopefully get their attention and maybe some one can offer a plausible solution to the issue rather than removing the item in its entirety 

9 minutes ago, DRGoodfellow said:

This can be fixed easy - I'm guessing lazy company or Dev's being gits

As they stated

Obviously there would have been items in the shop so people could upgrade instantly without effort

The easy fix which I'm amazed they haven't thought of is the following

1. Add the P2W items as drops in dungeon just make them lower drop rates

2. Add P2W items in shop for upgrading on shop but make it a daily limit - People that spend need some sort of advantage since they support the game

3. Also your probably best adding auto look random to the new dungeon since current ones are being abused by boxing etc etc

I'm sure theres other way's but this is NCSoft so I actually was expecting this to happen :)

they dont have to add single item to store for players to make legendary / upgrading it.

9 minutes ago, Avatari said:

Personally because if this im thinking just quiting ofc this is not main reason. Everything been piling up bit by bit and this was nail in the coffin so have to figure things out over weekend but atleast now i've lost all my interest to play this game

For me I played on CN severs for 4 years and love the game and still play there, But this version is slowly making me hate the game, which is why I been playing back on CN servers alot more recently, I am at the point now of seriously thinking of uninstalling this version before it ruins my love of the game completely.

In fact one of the main things I have issues with is the games stability, lag, game crash's , I have none of that on CN and there servers are 5000 miles away while Frankfurt is 600 LOL, go figure..........

Just now, Luffs said:

this game has been out little over a month now.. you cant expect to have FULL content already. give it about a year?

You do realise that legendary was part of next patch till ncsoft decided to scrap it. whats point of bringing patches if they leave most important things out of it

Just now, Avatari said:

You do realise that legendary was part of next patch till ncsoft decided to scrap it. whats point of bringing patches if they leave most important things out of it

It doesn't bother me because with siren weapons, mostly everyone is powerful enough to kill everything in every dungeon with very little effort

3 minutes ago, Luffs said:

this game has been out little over a month now.. you cant expect to have FULL content already. give it about a year?

this game as been out over 4 years, they just giving us bits of it at a time, most which dont make sense and also missing out alot of important parts too all to maximise profit, pure and simple

50 minutes ago, Tubby said:

As anyone who watched the stream yesterday NCSOFT has announced that Naryu Lab will NOT be containing a legendary weapon.  They have stated that by bringing over the build from other servers there is no way possible that individuals could enchant and evolve the weapon without a cash shop item.  They are "standing strong by our non p2w system".  Good, most people do not want a p2w system in any game anymore and I am happy to see they are standing strong behind this statement.  This being said I believe removing the content entirely is absolutely the wrong decision and let me tell you why.   I played on JP for about a year and this dungeon is 1 of the first mechanically challenging, long and difficult dungeons I had encountered.  Even running the 6 man could be challenging even with somewhat strong weapons. The main, and for some the only reason to run this was the legendary box (yes i know the costume is amazing).  I am talking from my own experience and others I have played with, most runs will take around 30+ minutes and on top of that I know people that took 400 runs yes 400 to get their weapon box (this is from JP server I have no idea what the drop rate in NA will be like).  Now considering the revamp of the legendary weapon is indefinite you now have an incredible new dungeon that is rendered absolutely worthless to run other than out of pure enjoyment and lets face it most people on NA don't PvE without some type of reward.

Now id just be a dick if i posted that without some input of what they could do differently.  My own opinion on this matter would be to put the box back into the loot table so people have a reason to run the dungeon.  Now seeing how people can obtain the box there must be a way to bide time until the issue is resolved with how to enchant and evolve it without being p2w.  Either have the box locked and unable to open (special key of some sort not in game) or be able to open the box and maybe stop the enchantment process at the first limit break.  This is just my opinion on the matter I do not know if it is even possible but I am sure there is a solution better than removing the whole item from the game.  I would like to hear others opinion on this matter and see if they have some type of better solution to this issue this is what this post is all about.

As far as the enchantment goes http://www.inmatesgaming.com/dragon-spring-legendary-weapon.html is the current site I always used to look up the materials.  The main problems I see that our economy cannot support is the medals of honor and the returning soul stones because they are not implemented.  As far as a solution to this I believe putting more machismo replacing the medal of honor at a 2:1 ratio so 2 machismos to 1 MOH would be a proper solution.  To add to that I would increase the amount of soul stones by triple to replace the returning soul stones and use a 3/4 ratio for the gold because dailies in there current state take a long long time to make 1k gold.  Doing this would keep people farming... yes its a grind but for the absolute best weapon in the game not all people should have it.  Hope this doesn't hit the 5th page in 10 minutes and I hope to hear from the community thanks for reading :).

I stopped reading after you claimed they were removing the content entirely... no they're not.

edit: But I gave you the benefit of the doubt, despite your single paragraph with no spacing...

I got saying, adding Legendary Boxes that can't be opened until a later update when NCSoft NA is ready for it sounds like a very good idea.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000 supports

Just now, NueHoujuu said:

I stopped reading after you claimed they were removing the content entirely... no they're not.

Legendary was quite huge part for some players. Atleast it is part of content and evolving it getting materials and evolving it was one part of next patch content

Its more they are adjusting the game to the west >.> 

what i think is wrong is that pple keep comparing this version to the asian version. Sure there are differences and all but you cant expect everything to be the same nor up to date at the same pace. This is suppose to be a 'new' game to the west. They arent releasing the game soley for the pple who have played the asian versions first.

18 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

They're not removing legendary weapons though. They're merely releasing them later than expected.

while this is true it is an indefinite amount of time which is what concerns me most could be 1 week could be 1 month with the amount of content they are releasing and at this current pace this dungeon will be rendered useless.... they stated on a stream a while back they wanted to catch korea within a yea and they are on a track to do it but they are kinda just leaving out some of the most important things to me as a pve guy

Archived