Warlock and HM book Dragoncall

Asguard

29 minutes ago, Asguard said:

So with warlock coming out next week, Im wondering if you will need the HM book Dragon Call that's 350g now in auction house for soloing dungeons end game, or should I start on upgrade my summoner too solo clear BSH?

Pretty good skill upgrades, but not 100% required, just like every classes.  Hongmoon skills are a very nice addition, but if it's worth 300g++, that's all up to you. Personally I would never pay 300g for a mere skill upgrade... (or 750g *stares at BladeMaster book*). If you go with the  Currency Exchange trade thing, 750g is equal to over $500 USD worth of ncoins... that's ridiculously stupid for just a skill upgrade.. but to each their own.

16 hours ago, Asguard said:
16 hours ago, Asguard said:

So with warlock coming out next week, Im wondering if you will need the HM book Dragon Call that's 350g now in auction house for soloing dungeons end game, or should I start on upgrade my summoner too solo clear BSH?

Trust me you will not need it so soon unless your into pvp and even for pvp  the skill is average.  It is just a a damage boost in pve nothing more.  Give it a few weeks and ppl will start selling them cheaper.

I will literally roflmao if warlock hm book quest on hit boss achievements part if it involves the Silverfrost lvl 50 dungeons. Back when I played on CN server, I had to do the 10 times on lvl 50 purple Zaiwei dungeons and if its indeed the same thing for NA then yeah it will be impossible till NA BnS gets silverfrost content. Rhokdelar180 is absolutely correct regarding the dragoncall volume 2 skill, it is mainly a damage boost for pve and its very average to alright for pvp but not a absolute must have. Im still farming BSH 4 player for the skill scroll or buying it at a reasonable price, but Im willing to wait it out for a few weeks myself and get my warlock geared and ready for Silverfrost. :3

I've dug around forums myself looking for an answer to this. And like the rest said, it is a boost to damage in pve. But how much boost? Here's what I found out 

The main reason warlocks are known for their nukes is because of the stationary Dragoncall build. Which goes like this:

Cast Dragoncall - Bonus Dragoncall (final tier) - Soul Shackle - Leech - Dragoncall - Wingstorm - Bonus Dragoncall - Imprison - Dragoncall - Bonus Dragoncall - Bombardment - Rupture - Bombardment - Rupture - repeat till Dragoncall is off cooldown. Rinse and repeat. 

Credits to Mion from Bnsdojo

All the bonus dragoncalls only happen if you have the hm skill book from bsh. So instead of 3 dragoncalls, you can fire 6! Is it important? I guess if you wanted to be the powerhouse warlocks are known to be, yes. 

Of cos there is still the mobile build that uses dragon helix if I'm not wrong. But that uses the SAME, hm skill book from BSH. To get the final tier. So... I guess that's enough information for you to make a consideration? 

I did my quest chain for the Inferno X skill, and I didn't have to hit any bosses 10 times with inferno, despite people telling me that that was part of the chain.

It was basically just visiting a few places, clearing brightstone ruins, buying some quest items for siren emblems and soulstones and ggwp done.

On 2/27/2016 at 4:27 PM, SeroZeroes said:

I've dug around forums myself looking for an answer to this. And like the rest said, it is a boost to damage in pve. But how much boost? Here's what I found out 

The main reason warlocks are known for their nukes is because of the stationary Dragoncall build. Which goes like this:

Cast Dragoncall - Bonus Dragoncall (final tier) - Soul Shackle - Leech - Dragoncall - Wingstorm - Bonus Dragoncall - Imprison - Dragoncall - Bonus Dragoncall - Bombardment - Rupture - Bombardment - Rupture - repeat till Dragoncall is off cooldown. Rinse and repeat. 

Credits to Mion from Bnsdojo

All the bonus dragoncalls only happen if you have the hm skill book from bsh. So instead of 3 dragoncalls, you can fire 6! Is it important? I guess if you wanted to be the powerhouse warlocks are known to be, yes. 

Of cos there is still the mobile build that uses dragon helix if I'm not wrong. But that uses the SAME, hm skill book from BSH. To get the final tier. So... I guess that's enough information for you to make a consideration? 

you forgot time distortion which add 3x2 Dragoncalls to the combo with 2 mins cool down (1 or 2 times per boss)

make it possible cast 14 DC in less than 20 seconds

Archived