Bots Can Message You Via Mail Now...

854450_1452550237

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Vexe said:

You're a paying customer.

NCsoft promised that we would be able to send mail to characters on the same account without restrictions. The guides still say that.

However, the truth is that you must pay at least once to be able to send mail to anyone (even your alts). Open a ticket and they'll just tell you that you need to pay to send mail.

...That is low. Never knew that until now.  =/

6 minutes ago, Vexe said:

You're a paying customer.

NCsoft promised that we would be able to send mail to characters on the same account without restrictions. The guides still say that.

However, the truth is that you must pay at least once to be able to send mail to anyone (even your alts). Open a ticket and they'll just tell you that you need to pay to send mail.

This is an error. They are looking into this to make it free but it is understandable why they have this current system in place. (Obviously not when it includes the game account... but other players) 

Like I said, I opened a ticket and clearly described the problem (including links to their guide and emphasis on characters on the same account).

They know about it and they're not trying to help players with this problem. They won't fix it cuz it earns them money and hinders bots/gold selling (lolno)

As for understanding why the system exists, it doesn't do anything.

They can send gold and items as they wish through direct trade or tricking the marketplace. As you can see in this topic, they also don't shy away from paying.

4 hours ago, LiriC said:

Hang on Hang on.

So let me get this right... a bot decided to pay to be able to Mail ?

So a bot can mail people .. but a person that plays the game and keeps the game alive and dose no harm cant mail.. but a BOT CAN ?

Ok ... my mind is blown .

is not that much of a surprise..the destroyer bots you find in arena over silver have names,and a LOT of them are actually playing people,not just botting to sell gold,i mean they do bot in arena but they also play the game,Actually the majority of arena bots i've found are people with premium...

today i received several mails with gold site spam on my in game mail

and i cant delete them because they sent 1 copper each so to delete the mails i would have to receive the copper and i dont want to risk ban by receiving gold from the spam mail.

how do i proceed?

3 hours ago, ShadowRose said:

Logged into my alt i was leveling to see this and i think why...

Also name shaming doesn't count for gold selling bots so don't say it does since that is ridiculous.

dUXaDn1.jpg

So yeah this is a thing now.

I hope i wont have to delete hundreds of them in the future.

They also send 1 copper and you get banned from taking gold from gold sellers so i wonder if this counts?

I would prefer to delete it then take the copper but it doesn't give that option -.-

That actually looks like a hacked account due to the name not being all, fguwnonf. Also if I recall in taiwan server you can delete bot mail.

Games have so many restriction to apply the pay for to get it done factor and games companies

wonder why they are not making as much money as predicted

In the past games companies made a much larger turnover since they didn't annoy the hell out

of everyone with dumb rules

Give us shared warehouse and free mailing to other account characters and maybe ill get my wallet out

So does anybody know how they're getting ahold of our names? This game doesn't have an efficient player search, and I can't imagine them programming the bots to type random letters into the Character Info window.. (but I mean, anything is possible).

I'm seriously annoyed by this.... to put it into perspective: Yesterday I got several whispers (before I finally blocked the bot doing it) and today I logged in only an hour ago and had two of those spam mails in my inbox. My boyfriend, who plays more than I do? Has not gotten a single whisper or mail.

10 hours ago, Vexe said:

you can't even *cricket*ing mail to YOUR OWN CHARACTERS (like they promised)

And by the way, this "bot" is a paying customer, while people who don't pay, well, don't pay.

you can mail to other characters on your account.....its how my lvl 10 Destroyer has a Dokumo Axe Skin....because i mailed it to her from my main character

Funny how the mailing feature is locked to 'paying' players to prevent bots from using it, while bots are more likely to pay for premium and unlock mail than actual players are. Is it really that difficult to lock mailing to only friends/clan members/alts? Absolutely no way it can be abused by bots unless somebody's dumb enough to let one into a clan or add one as a friend.

20 minutes ago, Zaccea said:

So does anybody know how they're getting ahold of our names?

They grab it as you run by?  Listen to chats?  And yeah, I've gotten a couple mail with 1cp, presumably costing 11cp to mail.  Hopefully that means they have far more money than customers, and will reduce their money acquiring.  (That, or the excessively annoying and aggressive advertising will actually work.  I mean seriously though, how big a moron do you as a player have to be to actually respond to their aggressive in-game ads?  I think that's the one thing about the ad spam & harmful dungeon/afk botting that annoys me the most.  It's like literally shooting the golden goose when you aren't even hungry.)

Ick...soooo what happens if our mail gets to 20/20 with all spam messages? Do we stop receiving legit mail, auction payouts, etc until the messages are cleared or do they queue up like inventory overflow or something?

Without a means to delete/clear unwanted messages I see this quickly becoming a problem. X_____X

EDIT: It looks like there is an option to "block" mail and tab for it. Maybe that is the workaround for not being able to delete it :\

1 hour ago, GnatB said:

They grab it as you run by?  Listen to chats?  

It can't be in-game chat, I disabled Region and Faction on day 1 (whereas my boyfriend does participate in Faction chat) and hardly talk to anybody. I was thinking maybe they're grabbing names from the forums because out of all my friends I'm the only person that posts here.

Archived