**** Account Locked due to suspicious activities ****

Fangjie

@Sememondoe, not sure about the law in the US directly, but within Australia you are covered by the trade practices act. I imagine there is a similar international trade law.

@Blossom2 - My view is slightly different regarding issue resolution. IT service support best practice is to resolve incidents as quickly as possible especially when a work around exists. The root cause of the problem can resolved post. Additional to this we have been asked to lodge the ticket using a different method to other issues which would certainly aid prioritizing this issue from the noise being created because of queue times.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did it ever occur to you people that using WTFast may be a violation of their terms of service?  Most games DO NOT allow 3rd party programs that manipulate the connection to their servers, for obvious reasons.  Perhaps that is why you have been banned.  Always pays to read those Terms of Service that you insta-click "Agree" on.

Problem are we not sure is the wtfast problem or other problem cause our account locked,

system juz said account got locked for suspicious activity,what kind of suspicious activity they didnt mention, using wtfast get locked is juz our guessing,

some my friend they still ok using wtfast

Using a VPN has nothing to do with manipulating data or connection. If this was the case the same can be argued using your ISP whose systems continually make routing decisions.

The VPN service in this instance is used to route traffic from Australia to the US using WTFast's private network whichs is faster than the public internet as traffic can be prioritized. The start and last mile is over the public internet which does not interrupt or invade the connection to NCSoft servers in Dallas. This in no way violates the end user agreement.

If the VPN service is used to avoid zoning limitations than I would agree we have an issue but this is not the case.

Also, if we want to get into a legal debate there is no where in the BnS EULA that states a violation of the terms of the agreement will result in banning of access to all NCSoft games. As it stands the account block on BnS has resulted in not being able to access my other games through NCSoft which have separate agreements in place.

13 minutes ago, ZoeiiAus said:

Using a VPN has nothing to do with manipulating data or connection. If this was the case the same can be argued using your ISP whose systems continually make routing decisions.

The VPN service in this instance is used to route traffic from Australia to the US using WTFast's private network whichs is faster than the public internet as traffic can be prioritized. The start and last mile is over the public internet which does not interrupt or invade the connection to NCSoft servers in Dallas. This in no way violates the end user agreement.

If the VPN service is used to avoid zoning limitations than I would agree we have an issue but this is not the case.

Ok, that is understandable.  But, what zones does this launch cover?  It has been out for several years in the "east".  Could it be possible that this verson of the game is intended for only certain zones and anyone trying to gain access to their servers from zones outside the area are flagged and locked?  Ive never played a game that has 2 version for 2 different areas of the world.

30 minutes ago, dispatcher505 said:

Did it ever occur to you people that using WTFast may be a violation of their terms of service?  Most games DO NOT allow 3rd party programs that manipulate the connection to their servers, for obvious reasons.  Perhaps that is why you have been banned.  Always pays to read those Terms of Service that you insta-click "Agree" on.

Except that this is not a manipulation of the connection. This is simply changing the routing of our data. The handshake between our client and the server is not modified in any way shape or form. My guess is that the anti-theft system sees that there are many people connecting to the server from the same IP addresses all the while dynamically changing IP in the same pattern, it can be interpreted as a sign of security breach and mass account theft and thus locked all the related accounts to "prevent" further damage that doesn't even exist.

1 minute ago, StevenH said:

Except that this is not a manipulation of the connection. This is simply changing the routing of our data. The handshake between our client and the server is not modified in any way shape or form. My guess is that the anti-theft system sees that there are many people connecting to the server from the same IP addresses all the while dynamically changing IP in the same pattern, it can be interpreted as a sign of security breach and mass account theft and thus locked all the related accounts to "prevent" further damage that doesn't even exist.

That makes sense.  It could be seen as some sort of breach.  Is the "western" version of the game only available to certain areas?  We didnt have access to the "eastern" version of the game since it launched 3 years ago.  Could they be trying to restrict users that originate outside the intended zones?

10 minutes ago, dispatcher505 said:

Ok, that is understandable.  But, what zones does this launch cover?  It has been out for several years in the "east".  Could it be possible that this verson of the game is intended for only certain zones and anyone trying to gain access to their servers from zones outside the area are flagged and locked?  Ive never played a game that has 2 version for 2 different areas of the world.

Traditionally Australia has always been considered to be part of North America region when it comes to online gaming, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, just to name a few. The fact that Guild Wars 2 is sold in Australian local stores and it's a NCSoft game implies that NCSoft follows the same tradition. Also Australian IPs are not prevented from buying funder packs or spending money in the online shop suggests that Australia is definitely not locked out of NA.

4 minutes ago, StevenH said:

Traditionally Australia has always been considered to be part of North America region when it comes to online gaming, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, just to name a few. The fact that Guild Wars 2 are sold in Australian local store and it's a NCSoft game implies that NCSoft follows the same tradition. Also Australian IPs are not prevented from buying funder packs or spending money in the online shop suggests that Australia is definitely not locked out of NA.

Thats good to know, the more people playing the western game the better in my opinion.  I love the game so far and have been able to avoid any queues at all because of not following the herd to Mushin.  But, I hope I dont get home this morning and find my account mysteriously locked between now and then lol.

Nope, we probably have to wait until they get to their office in the next few hours. It's 4:29 AM in Texas right now.

Meanwhile, please post if you have the same problem and whether or not you've been using WTFast just to get a bit more exposure so this won't take days.

Same Issue, Been using WTFast since day 1 of early access. All it will be is that our accounts have been accessed from multiple different IP Addresses over the last few days which the system automatically flagged for suspension, NCsoft support will without a doubt unblock the accounts it will just take time for them to get to either your email or ticket as they are currently facing a high volume of tickets related to other issues.

14 minutes ago, TheCrimsonMerc19 said:

Same Issue, Been using WTFast since day 1 of early access. All it will be is that our accounts have been accessed from multiple different IP Addresses over the last few days which the system automatically flagged for suspension, NCsoft support will without a doubt unblock the accounts it will just take time for them to get to either your email or ticket as they are currently facing a high volume of tickets related to other issues.

Problem is the wait lol. I'm 3 levels away from max level and suddenly this.

And it would be great if we can get a confirmation on whether or not we can continue using WTFast without having to deal with all this fiasco again. WTFast is pretty damn good at reducing the ping between Australia and North America.

i got the same problem to, early access, premium, i use WTFast, and im australian, this is a second account i had to make just so i could log into something to put in a ticket, and i agree with the whole compensation thing, we did not spend all this money especially to get early access just to get **** on, from a grate distance.    

Sure am, i really cant beleave they think im stupid enough to do anything to get benned after putting in so much money.

this is what i got.

Offense: Association to Exploitative Accounts
Penalty: Account Closure

We have reviewed the above action and found it and the associated penalty to be consistent with our policies. We ask that you review our terms and rules of conduct, which are available here: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/. This action against the account will not be removed and the penalty will stand.

Regards

6 minutes ago, CrowHead said:

Sure am, i really cant beleave they think im stupid enough to do anything to get benned after putting in so much money.

this is what i got.

Offense: Association to Exploitative Accounts
Penalty: Account Closure

We have reviewed the above action and found it and the associated penalty to be consistent with our policies. We ask that you review our terms and rules of conduct, which are available here: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/. This action against the account will not be removed and the penalty will stand.

Regards

Are you serious? OMG...if its really a violation of terms than why would they even let all those forum on WTFast or other ping related softwares (those how to connect threads) be available in the forums?? Ive used WTF fast on Aion/BNS-TW and nothing happened. And now they are gona pull the 'violation of terms' and just close the whole case? as others have said..using vpn softwares doesn't violate anything. Secondly..this mass locking of accounts and no notice whatsoever...

Cause of this one game...i lose my WHOLE NCsoft account?!  ...T_T

oh come on...please tell its not true..

Archived