Profane to Max Pirate Cost

Emperium

@LordGainz

TY for all material this should cover up all material and cost for western version now (true profane 10 > true pirate 10 not include leveling weapon)

Stage Gold    Trans Stones    Soul stones  Refining     Perfume      Purple Balls Thing    Warrior Tokens  
a. Siren 12.20 4 70          
a. Siren +6 5.40   21 7 15      
True Siren 18.30 7 110          
True siren +6 5.40   21 10 15      
a. Pirate 18 7 150     21    
a. Pirate +6 6.40   40 7 9      
True Pirate 27 10 230     25 100  
True Pirate +6 10   60 10 10      
Total 102.7 28 702 34 49 46 100  
AH Price (G per)   6 0.3   0.3 0.3    
Total Gold 102.7 168 210.6   14.7 13.8 0

509.8G

4 hours ago, Arohk said:

thats why we have all the gold farm bots.

too much gold needed + few ways to get money in game = many many bots and goldsellers spamming the chat.

a design flaw from the root and now they won't get rid of their self made bot problem.

You understand how markets work, right?

If we had more gold, stuff would cost more. Resulting in us having to little gold. Whether we earn a few coppers per day and stuff costs silvers or we earn thousands of golds per day and stuff costs 10-100x more, doesnt matter at all. This argument is invalid.

Even tho i agree that a way for hardcore players to earn money would be hugely appreciated. Basically all money gain is from dailies that casuals can do just as well as people who want to farm money. After the dailies you basically cant earn money. That is, if you dont want to play arena pvp for your pve progression (which is super stupid anyway lol) or earn money through trading. 

29 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

You understand how markets work, right?

If we had more gold, stuff would cost more. Resulting in us having to little gold. Whether we earn a few coppers per day and stuff costs silvers or we earn thousands of golds per day and stuff costs 10-100x more, doesnt matter at all. This argument is invalid.

the design flaw is that all you need to progress is a lot of in-game money.

it was fine while leveling, going from dungeon to dungeon and getting your "untradable" weapon to progress, then you reach Siren and all you need is gold,gold,gold, instead of making the upgrades available through other hard ways, like beating mushin F7 for Siren weapon for example.

32 minutes ago, Taemek said:

This thread is a perfect example of how instant gratification is killing the MMO industry. You don't have a gun at your heads making you buy from the Marketplace....

Keep crying for that silver spoon kids.

I'm more concerned with drop rates and competing with bots and AFKers for those resources, frankly.

I think I've used the marketplace twice, and one of those times was to sell a cat costume.  If you play the game it will eventually give you what you need for upgrades.  But I understand using the market strategically to supplement your drops & dailies.

14 hours ago, Emperium said:

Just did the math, it will cost about 700g just for upgrade cost and materials assuming you are buying from AH at current price.  That is not including refining cost of stage 1 - 10.  Yikes, I can't make it to True Pirate before 50 patch guys unless it is like 2-3 months away.  Causal player.

This is just for the weapon. You forgot the accessories. ;p

This is way I couldn't to understand the push for WL release first, instead of L50 content first, from the player base.

It's good to have a goal to constantly progress towards and this is a relatively achievable one at that. It's not like you will have to grind 500+ gold for max weapon. You will get most of your soulstones and perfumes through daily grinding. Dropping 40g on the trans stone recipe will also save you quite a bit of money in the long run.

Why even bother upgrading that far? The PVE in this game is a complete dumpster fire. There's no endgame progression at all, and no content that requires a max'd out weapon. Getting to True Pirate right now is like getting the ultimate weapons in the Final Fantasy series; it lets you trivialize all of the content, but it's pointless since you could have done that with the weapon that didn't take a month of grind. 

4 hours ago, Zooks said:

Why even bother upgrading that far? The PVE in this game is a complete dumpster fire. There's no endgame progression at all, and no content that requires a max'd out weapon. Getting to True Pirate right now is like getting the ultimate weapons in the Final Fantasy series; it lets you trivialize all of the content, but it's pointless since you could have done that with the weapon that didn't take a month of grind. 

I planned on not upgrading and just farm for the legendary but thats not an option anymore. Since True Pirate will jump into True Breeze whenever the path change comes, better to just do it now rather than later when the prices COULD get worse. Unless they change material costs for the new path, I'd stick with farming for True Pirate.

Your math is way off and that's mostly due to you not knowing the actual material amounts to upgrade. The cost is pretty much half of that.

Secondly, you shouldn't be selling your soulstones if you plan to upgrade your equipment within the week or two. That's common sense. You need them to upgrade and selling them for gold is redundant if you're going to buy them back to use. Stockpile them. 

I'll be at awakened pirate 10 tonight once I turn in my zen eans and I'll still have 140g left over to instantly go to true pirate if I wanted to. 

Upgrading right now is far from unrealistic or expensive.

Archived