FM vs BM

dmoe33

How da heck u play against BM as an fM? they resist range attacks with 1 skills every time u get a chill they SS and cleanse when ur x is on CD they can block everything they have that wire pull thingy to bring u close and start comboing u how to play against em?

Replies appreciated 

It's probably almost impossible atm to win a good BM as FM. Best you can do is try some AoE build vs them. I can faceroll everything else with skill changing, but good BMs get me every single time. We just have to wait the lv 50 patch that gives us more tools vs them.

This is odd because I struggle so much more vs Blade cancer, how on earth are you guys beating BD but not BM? BM is a lackluster version of BD.

What I do is just get behind the BM, get close and q / e then follow up with 2 (daze) or 3(stun) and start a combo from there. Once they pop the big spirally swords and become resistant to everything I just freeze myself and wait it out. Also spec into Frost fury middle tier as every hit applies chill so it's a constant freeze cycle which penetrates defence / parry . Phantom grip them when they're blocking, with increased ranged it's better then you can SS and freeze them, wait for them to drop and combo them from there. Talent into middle tier snowball, time it right and it will cancel all their defensive skills for 6 seconds + freeze them.

Now, gimme tips for BD, you just can't lock them down and they run away to wait for cd's to come back up.

You have to be very patient, but a decent bm is going to win against you almost 100% of the time no matter what due to our current disadvantage.

You can snowball them every 24 sec to get a 6 sec opening to do as much damage as you can, and then for the time you're waiting on snowball you have to rely on aoe or try to get behind them or stay defensive.

BD are easier but are also one of the more difficult matchups, time your skills with their spins and when they stop spinning prepare to resist their throw to focus starve them (either use Q/E or veil - a lot of bd's usually end up trying their throw even while your veil is active, it's difficult to see the mobile veil with low graphics).

I'm not an fm but I am a fairly decent bm(top200) and I've lost to exceptional fm players. I can't give you skill names but I can list out what I observe them doing.

The little snow icon above your head that causes you to become immune to damage if I hit you, is great for breaking my momentum. Even if I don't hit it...You still have what? 3 seconds of me not attacking you?

You must freeze yourself during my blade call(my big fancy attack), it lasts 7 seconds.

Constantly break my defense and cancel my charge skills. That frost armor thing is great for breaking my cc chain as I need my charges to do it. And since I'm specced for additional charges, it hurts that much more. Remember, don't be within 3m of me if you have broken my defense, otherwise you'll give me i-frame options.

You'll virtually never catch me with your wombo combo, it's going to be about chip damage. The match is going to be close. If I get off my big combo you lose, so again, don't let me charge.

Edit: oh yea...and don't let me get the opener...run straight at me and hit me with that ranged stun thing.

5 hours ago, Ghobe said:

I'm not an fm but I am a fairly decent bm(top200) and I've lost to exceptional fm players. I can't give you skill names but I can list out what I observe them doing.

The little snow icon above your head that causes you to become immune to damage if I hit you, is great for breaking my momentum. Even if I don't hit it...You still have what? 3 seconds of me not attacking you?

You must freeze yourself during my blade call(my big fancy attack), it lasts 7 seconds.

Constantly break my defense and cancel my charge skills. That frost armor thing is great for breaking my cc chain as I need my charges to do it. And since I'm specced for additional charges, it hurts that much more. Remember, don't be within 3m of me if you have broken my defense, otherwise you'll give me i-frame options.

You'll virtually never catch me with your wombo combo, it's going to be about chip damage. The match is going to be close. If I get off my big combo you lose, so again, don't let me charge.

Edit: oh yea...and don't let me get the opener...run straight at me and hit me with that ranged stun thing.

Hmmm appreciate the reply and yea ive seen fms beat BMs but i always get roflstomped when i go agains them. Great suggestions only few things mentioned that FMs cannot do like the ice armour during blade call yes but then its on a 60s CD which in that time all we have is ice flower (thing above the head) and that has a 30s cd also with breaking def it can only be done once every 24s and also freeze dosnt really work well cause of bm SS cd (8s?) so everytime def is broken bm jus SS and charge 

46 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

FMs cannot do like the ice armour during blade call yes but then its on a 60s CD which in that time all we have is ice flower (thing above the head)

Blade call is also a 60 second cool down.

and also freeze dosnt really work well cause of bm SS cd (8s?)

But you're forcing me to use it. And 12 seconds.

so everytime def is broken bm jus SS and charge

Rush is a 30s, raid is a 24s, and shoulder charge is a 24s as well. With five point being a 45s. Raid is worthless without another cc to extend(primary use).

12 minutes ago, Ghobe said:

Blade call is also a 60 second cool down.

But you're forcing me to use it. And 12 seconds.

Rush is a 30s, raid is a 24s, and shoulder charge is a 24s as well. With five point being a 45s. Raid is worthless without another cc to extend(primary use).

HM ok i didnt know about blade calls cd as for backdash a 12s cd is pretty short all things considered considering u cleanse freeze u win, also i didnt know BMs holy crap lol no wonder their so hard to beat usually with other classes i iframe or attempt to dodge them but god dam thats like what 4?

1 hour ago, dmoe33 said:

HM ok i didnt know about blade calls cd as for backdash a 12s cd is pretty short all things considered considering u cleanse freeze u win, also i didnt know BMs holy crap lol no wonder their so hard to beat usually with other classes i iframe or attempt to dodge them but god dam thats like what 4?

I mean...Raid will never be used outside of extending cc unless you're on death's door and another hit or two will finish you. Rush and shoulder charge are used in basic stance. Rush being a 2 second stun and Shoulder Charge being a 3 second daze. Five Point...can be used in a number of ways depending on how they decide to spec it on you...those options being...

Iframe with cc immunity for the first .6 seconds that deals very high damage(especially the final hit! If they're using this version you MUST do something to prevent that 5th hit! You'll know it's this version if you see an i-frame at the start or you're not being cc'd by it)

Each hit causes a 2 second daze and the final hit(5 hits) disables defensive skills for 8 seconds. Expect to be sent airborne after this.

Same as previous except if you're stunned or daze when a hit connects, you're sent airborne instead of dazing again.

I`ve fought some plat BMs and lost and won some aswell, as for me KFM is a way harder matchUP, BM fail victim to their own block-addiction and that can be worked around. Whats diffirence between BM,KFM,BD and Destr? they all can block 24/7 and you always fight them same way,  Apply chill and grab or break-block or try to I-frame their attack and daze them while they in animation. When they pose thraet i-frame or icestatue urself, and manage youre chill-stacks properly.

32 minutes ago, Petruha said:

I`ve fought some plat BMs and lost and won some aswell, as for me KFM is a way harder matchUP, BM fail victim to their own block-addiction and that can be worked around. Whats diffirence between BM,KFM,BD and Destr? they all can block 24/7 and you always fight them same way,  Apply chill and grab or break-block or try to I-frame their attack and daze them while they in animation. When they pose thraet i-frame or icestatue urself, and manage youre chill-stacks properly.

Yea thats what i attempt to do every match but the block spam + lower SS CD gives u a very very very small window to do anything and that window can be easily missed by either waiting out blade call or one of their many charge skills which I dont think i have the ping to react in time

Vs KFM I use the static shield.IT helps alot considering they have like 1 bilion of moves and you can't prevent all of them.

BD...Z and time your frost tornado to give you ez 4 sec window in which they can't attack you.Most of them panic and use that invincibility thing.Just freeze yourself.Before we unlock 1 to block charging skills FM is abit struggle vs this 5000 stuns/charges etc maniacs.

I'm running burn build(Impact with burn and blazing beams).Yeah KD is nice thing but to relly on 24 sec 10m range skill to save the day with 2 sec daze is just never gonna work.Atleast for me.While blazing beam make people panic.C / X + Beams do insane dmg.I literally blown up destros and alike in matter of seconds.Freeze + C + Meteor shower and lb/rb/beam spam....

Yeah pro Fm's play with air combos but I just lack the reflexes for this.And too much effort.Let alone my ping is so bad and sometimes I can't even SS/F properly.And no my ISP is fine and servers are in under 1k km from me.But I play in EU and apparently all we matter for is just some extra euro.We don't deserve stable servers and ping.

BM is fun.Gimped version of BD and less stuns and air combos.Atleast I never got 5 stuns and 4 air combos one after another without chance to even do something.I always enjoy my fights vs BM.IS a catch game.

Wish BD actually had some CD on air combos....even if its short 0 sec is worse.

Archived