[PSA] Using SS (backstep) to pass through dungeon doors will incur punishment according to Ncsoft

SinisterSin

6 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

Yes, the Ogong exploit was indeed a game design flaw and should have been fixed by Team Bloodlust, but that doesn't give anyone any actual rights to abuse the flawed game design to further their gains via broken game design. The reason it is called a bug is because it's not meant to happen to begin with and many ToS in any game clearly state that exploiting bugs is punishable.

I will never understand the "I'm obviously not supposed to be able to do this, but I'ma do it anyway WHY DID I GET INTO TROUBLE" mentality of the children who play these games..
The reason that it went unfixed in other regions is likely because it was not *abused* nearly as much as the I-want-it-now-gimme-gimme-gimmme kids of  EU/NA.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zira said:

I will never understand the "I'm obviously not supposed to be able to do this, but I'ma do it anyway WHY DID I GET INTO TROUBLE" mentality of the children who play these games..
The reason that it went unfixed in other regions is likely because it was not *abused* nearly as much as the I-want-it-now-gimme-gimme-gimmme kids of  EU/NA.

Having played KR server, I've never seen a single person exploit Ogong there. 

Come to NA/EU, I find every single party I'm in is just exploiting Ogong. 

Bots and Hackers people think are a problem only here, it's really not, it's a problem on any server regardless. Exploiters is a different story though. I've only seen masses of people exploit Ogong in cross-servers here, KR seems very different about it (by that I mean they legit do their runs). Not sure on TW and CN server though so I can't speak for anyone who played those servers. 

I played on JP server for quite a long time and many of the issues here never came up at all there.

1) Hardly any bots or gold spammers.

2) Very few people dying to fire wall because of impatient people.

3) No one using exploits.

4) No one setting master loot and stealing all items.

3 minutes ago, Shinsetsu said:

I played on JP server for quite a long time and many of the issues here never came up at all there.

1) Hardly any bots or gold spammers.

2) Very few people dying to fire wall because of impatient people.

3) No one using exploits.

4) No one setting master loot and stealing all items.

Bots and gold spammers are understandable, those people tend to target the servers with the higher currency ratings cuz cash money...

The rest I will never understand why we have it as a problem here in NA/EU, but not on JP.

We are individualists and don't understand how to respect our peers. That's all it is lol. We play on our time and aren't keen to sharing with strangers. No idea about the other regions/ cultures but this is how we are in the majority. Least in NA

Locking or Banning accounts will have a domino effect in some players quiting, although not doing anything, will also have a domino effect of some players quiting, so what is the win-win outcome from this situation?  If anyone has any contact with anyone from the development, introducing a special limited costume 'law man' or 'law woman' for the players who are complaining about the bug.  Will some players who have tremendously capitalized on this bug find their way to acquire the special limited costume?  Yes, and then at that point a little bit more effort to have that special limited costume transform into another with the theme of "I am a cheater, or "I am the reason we cannot have nice things".

IMHO, a perm ban is too harsh, unless you are a BOT. If you are a real player that has spend $$ buying NCoin supporting this game, it may be too harsh of a punishment, and it is actually bad customer relations to take things away from your paying customer.

My proposal: an inventory reset that remove ALL inventory item of all the chars from the same account, so the offender starts with zero inventory/gold, but excluding founder pack items and refund any NCoin purchases.

Basically, you want to punish them for the in game monetary gains from the exploit, but you do not want to offend/scam and take away their real money purchases. 

The other option would be a total account reset which means this will mean leveling up again.

Open for discussion ---

18 hours ago, Rawrzory said:

By your logic: bots are farming soulstones and put them up for cheap prices so the bots are actually doing this for us now ? Common man ... This has been done for ice-cold personal gains please don't even joke about helping a "faction" or the playerbase in general.

Actually bots are farming soulstones, silver-gold rank is filled with destroyer bots and doing that all day will probably get you few packs of soulstones pouches... Not to mention that lowbies that are new to PvP cant even beat botters in arena. Oh yea also bot in arena can see assassin in stealth... woah not game breaking at all just let them have they're fun...

And now what i mean by lowering prices was aimed at exploiters of ogong,too many mw tears on market actually resolved in lower prices then usual since before ogong fastest runs in brightstone was with assassin 5-6 mins so basically those players could semi-control tear prices on market,ogong at least gave a fair chance for everyone to farm. This game gives clear advantages to some classes. Sin took around 2-3mins for ogong and since he can clear whole dungeon without being detected and enemy moving,it will take him maybe 1 min more to kill few mini bosses. This fix/punishment will not do any good except giving advantages to some classes again.

Not saying this is excuse to exploit and that people should not get punished,by botters are far worse problem. What do you think botters do? they can farm arena for zen bean,farm items in open world,lvl characters,do quests. You can probably script them to farm moonwater quartz which is almost 1g per piece.... All of that is more hurtfull then exploiting ogong. people mostly exploited ogong to farm mw tear so they don't need to craft them and some to earn gold.

Just think like this,if you could have your 2nd account that farmed either mw quartz,zen beans or simply lvl full account of alts for daily faction quests and still play your main in the same time how rich would you get? and how much more worse then ogong is that?

Punishment for their failure that's just ridiculous and stupid, they should fix their mistakes with a patch or something because banning will not stop people from doing it again that is for sure, they can ban the players who are doing it all they want but at some point they will lose interest in the game because that one little mistake

I ran the monkey instance for the first time yesterday - asked the people who had already completed it before to show me what to do and they showed me this. Not as in "shhh be quiet it's hax" but a "this is what you do at this door to get through it..."

As I was being swamped with little monkeys at the time I didn't really question it o_O

Holy crap I had no idea this thread would become soooo long.  Look I just posted what I read on reddit.  They said ban so that is what I reported that the reddit thread said.  I actually don't know what they are going to do.  I mean if they say punishment what do you think that means??  How else are they going to start going after people using an exploit in this game (exploits are a no no and in their terms of service) to excess?  I would imagine if any bans happen it will be temporary bans.  I would hope they would give  a warning first but I just don't know.

On a different subject, I sure wish BnS would put all this information on these forums and not make us have to go through a live stream on Twitch or go through twitter announcements just to get our info.  Sigh..

1 hour ago, AttacKat said:

IMHO, a perm ban is too harsh, unless you are a BOT. If you are a real player that has spend $$ buying NCoin supporting this game, it may be too harsh of a punishment, and it is actually bad customer relations to take things away from your paying customer.

My proposal: an inventory reset that remove ALL inventory item of all the chars from the same account, so the offender starts with zero inventory/gold, but excluding founder pack items and refund any NCoin purchases.

Basically, you want to punish them for the in game monetary gains from the exploit, but you do not want to offend/scam and take away their real money purchases. 

The other option would be a total account reset which means this will mean leveling up again.

Open for discussion ---

nah I just say suspend the account for 24-48 hours.

Basically put them in time out

Now you know this is TOP PRIORITY instead of the real Hackers, Botters, Gold Sellers, Game Bugs, Optimization, Content Updates, Etc Etc.  Bravo NCsoft Bravo, such an incompetent Dev/Publisher.  You know what, this glitch through doors could have all been avoided IF they did PROPER testing of the game before Launch.  This is what happens when a company cuts corners to try and save costs.

Guess what tho, there are other ways to bypass doors LOL only the savvy elite know them sooo GG NCsoft GG.

I tried running that instance a few times, See the group somewhere at the end, try to get to them. They tell me to backstep through the door, im like nah, /leavegroup.

I don't bother trying to do that dungeon anymore. Seems every group does it. I'm not trying to get lumped in with the ban wave

3 hours ago, Tolzray said:

And yet, this guy is still around: 28cf3bba09.jpg

well that guy didn't ss thru some walls in ogong.... he just hacking using a 3rd party software and making other people life miserable in arena

so i think he's fine, OP/NCSoft never have a problem with people that make other people life miserable in the game

OP/NCSoft have problem with people that make dg run faster without using any hacks or 3rd party program and not the arena bot, afk-ers in dg, and master loot ninja... 

in other words,

make other people life miserable in game = no ban

make the dg run faster = ban

20 hours ago, Sazie said:

I ran with two groups that did, I get pissed when ppl do that...  because someone will always aggro the mob, then SS thru door leaving others to be burned in BSH...  just kill the damn thing instead...  with good gear 6 man on 2 mobs takes the same amt of time.  I ran the monkey king the other day, 3 others and I killed the monkey opened the door while 2 tried to SS thru but were stuck there the entire time...  why bother?

Almost every time that's happened, at least one, if not both bosses has followed us through the door. If they don't and people are stuck, we just SS back into the room and fight.

My friends and I stopped doing it immediately after the announcement broke. Not worth the risk to save some time. But I get why people did it in BSH.

As for Ogong... I don't know a damn thing about that one. I've been avoiding that dungeon altogether.

I like how people who are defending Ogong exploit continue to play like recorders and continuously insist that just because it was a flawed game means it should be exploited. 

And it's even better how they continue to think NCSoft is doing nothing about hackers and botters. I can only tell none of these people have ever been part of a development or publishing team for an MMO if they think it's that easy... 

8 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

I like how people who are defending Ogong exploit continue to play like recorders and continuously insist that just because it was a flawed game means it should be exploited. 

And it's even better how they continue to think NCSoft is doing nothing about hackers and botters. I can only tell none of these people have ever been part of a development or publishing team for an MMO if they think it's that easy... 

You mean milk the playerbase and ignore the hard problems like 3rd party programs then when a exploit in which the coding is flawed ban people for making a process faster. I've seen publishers like Aeria games milk games before it was given any chances then blame that very playerbase it's bots because you buy from them and not our inflated prices. 

No one said it was ok, it's just funny how fast they react to it unlike the real problems like hackers and bots. Look at a developer like rockstar which bans most of the hackers. 

Archived