[PSA] Using SS (backstep) to pass through dungeon doors will incur punishment according to Ncsoft

SinisterSin

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done the SS thing many times because I didn't have any other option. When you are with five other people SSing through the door... Are you going to fight them off yourself? Certainly not if you're a force master. Are you going to leave the dungeon? Are you just going to sit back and gain from the rest of the party fighting through the dungeon? Only if you are a jerk.

NCSoft needs to realize that this glitch is their fault and penalizing players for using the glitch is not a reason for "punishment."

5 minutes ago, angelcots said:

I've done the SS thing many times because I didn't have any other option. When you are with five other people SSing through the door... Are you going to fight them off yourself? Certainly not if you're a force master. Are you going to leave the dungeon? Are you just going to sit back and gain from the rest of the party fighting through the dungeon? Only if you are a jerk.

NCSoft needs to realize that this glitch is their fault and penalizing players for using the glitch is not a reason for "punishment."

I was going to say something, but I'm editing ; )

I'd now let them exploit, but I wouldn't do it myself. I'd just hang back while they finished the dungeon for me. If they complain, I'd say "your problem for exploiting. Want my help? Don't exploit. Now you exploiting the game is making you lose time, so gg to you."

About the ss through door issue I think they should actually make those "skipped" bosses drop something valuable, although I must say the ss in bsh isn't a must do it might only save u 2 minutes which isn't a huge dif if u don't use it extensively but so far every party I had been in abused that bug XD but most of the time they still end up running back to kill those 2 boss in the end because someone got stuck hahaha

Honestly that door is damn hard to step through and I need to attempt it maybe 5 times every run so in the end I decided to solo those chefs and then everybody runs back helping me and figure it's not much dif orz 

1 hour ago, Karurosuda said:

They said in stream that they have logs that show those abusing it.
Those who were pressured into doing it once or twice will be overlooked, but those excessively absuing it are banworthy.

This all comes from the recent stream.

Hopefully it'll be retroactive.  1 day ban per run exploited.

43 minutes ago, angelcots said:

I've done the SS thing many times because I didn't have any other option. When you are with five other people SSing through the door... Are you going to fight them off yourself? Certainly not if you're a force master. Are you going to leave the dungeon?

Yep.  I left that dungeon every time it became obvious too many people had exploited for it to be finisheable (legitly), which is why I stopped bothering even attempting it over the weekend.

43 minutes ago, angelcots said:

Uh, yes it is.  Anything otherwise is like blaming the guy who left his wallet on the passenger seat and not the guy that reached in, grabbed it, and ran.

They did not say anything about BANs, and they were explicity about punishing people who did it a lot/for personal gains, not your daily run of ogong where everyone is just running do be over with it.

You fearmongers are not contributing at all to the discussion.

I was somehow lucky enough to end up in parties that didn't use this exploit, lol. @.@"

But I recall someone saying that this glitch is a thing in the Asian servers that never got fixed, thus they assumed that abusing the glitch was fair game. Iff that is the case, it's kinda unfair to spring this so... suddenly? >_<" But I guess that depends on how severe the punishment(s) are going to be.

Maybe they should actually use official channels to alert players that it's not allowed? E.g., Adding it in a news post to the site, patcher and/or forums.

How exactly are players supposed to know that something which has been (seemingly) allowed on other regions for YEARS is now suddenly considered unacceptable for our regions?

Furthermore, retroactively giving out punishments once the decision was made that it was unacceptable is a bit silly. NCSoft have known that people have been "abusing" this for weeks and instead of making a clear announcement that it was acceptable and people who continued to abuse it would be punished, they waited until now to announce via a live stream that an extremely small proportion of the user base is going to be aware of that if you've used it "an excessive" amount of times, you will be punished and there's nothing you can do about that. P.ss poor customer service.

5 hours ago, Thoron said:

or maybe u could watch the stream vs making baseless accusations ?

Who the hell should have to be forced to watch their garbage stream just to get information that should be on the front page of the MAIN WEBSITE, now you're just being ignorant. 

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/?utm_source=pr2&utm_medium=top_topbtn&utm_campaign=na_lodestone Go see how a website should look, and how information is updated almost instantly. 

I was making better webpages in highschool, that had much better security than this poor excuse for a forum. It's actually very shameful for anyone that has any sort of degree in computer science, or web design. There are children in the education systems with better understanding of programming languages than what i've seen on this site. 

5 hours ago, Karurosuda said:

That doesn't make up for the, literal, millions of players on this server. 85% is an absurd exaggeration, regardless if you see a couple hundred players doing it.

Only the devs with the logs have the raw numbers to calculate a percentage, and I'm willing to bet it doesn't even make up half the server.

Millions? Please.

Total active player count probably doesn't even cut 100k. 85% of the L45 population is no exaggeration.

Why do we get banned for something not well programmed?

Why do we get banned for skipping ONE mini-boss in BSH by SS through one door,

Yet it's perfectly fine to skip ALL mobs in Supply Chain which is 25% of the dungeon? (Right after Tae Jangum until Mak Sobo) (No one has ever freaking complained about reseting mobs which is the same thing as skipping them ffs.)

NCSoft and anyone who supporst a punishment for this needs to look at how that decision is going to affect the player base. Hold on. I'm gonna need to take a deep breath first:

-No kick function

-afkers

-BOTS

-gathering nonexistent

-Bots in Arena

-Arena Balance

-Optimization

-"European server"

-Scam known as outfit pouch

Do I need to continue? If NCSoft in any way prioritizes this over the rap sheet of current issues, its gonna cause a sh**storm.

4 hours ago, GnatB said:

Hopefully it'll be retroactive.  1 day ban per run exploited.

Yep.  I left that dungeon every time it became obvious too many people had exploited for it to be finisheable (legitly), which is why I stopped bothering even attempting it over the weekend.

Uh, yes it is.  Anything otherwise is like blaming the guy who left his wallet on the passenger seat and not the guy that reached in, grabbed it, and ran.

You do realize this has been in other regions version for years right? NO BANS. Its their bug, not ours. Meanwhile the bots run rampant and your all white knight about punishment for a bug in a dungeon that allows players to go through the mindless trash a bit faster? Wake up.

Is this thread where you plead guilty and ask for forgiveness?

cough*

I admit, I use SS for Ogong dailies once I learned of it and even for BSH. I like most people exploit this bug. Yup, exploit... Knowing about it and using it to our advantage. I, however, don't abuse it and spam Ogong for them tears. Why? I'm good player? No, I'm just lazy.

Punishment? I guess most of us deserves it. Bans? I don't think that's reasonable since it was never explicitly stated that we would be banned for something highly known that is not fixed. Fault lies with both sides.

However!! If they do fix it then I'm very happy. No reason not too; when you see a bug, fix it. Leaving it alone is the fault of the developer.

That's all for my confession.

Yeah let's worry about IMPORTANT matters that AFFECT the playerbase so much, LOLLLLLLLLLLL, *cricket*ing retarded, clean up your shitbot house first and maybe if your game wasn't broken in the first place we wouldn't be able to do this, ffs.

17 minutes ago, ManIQ said:

NCSoft and anyone who supporst a punishment for this needs to look at how that decision is going to affect the player base. Hold on. I'm gonna need to take a deep breath first:

-No kick function

-afkers

-BOTS

-gathering nonexistent

-Bots in Arena

-Arena Balance

-Optimization

-"European server"

-Scam known as outfit pouch

Do I need to continue? If NCSoft in any way prioritizes this over the rap sheet of current issues, its gonna cause a sh**storm.

Well, it does kind of prioritize over a lot of stuff in that list.  After all it is a bug that allows you to bypass a closed door and skip the majority of the dungeon.

4 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Well, it does kind of prioritize over a lot of stuff in that list.  After all it is a bug that allows you to bypass a closed door and skip the majority of the dungeon.

Agreed. If this is an easy fix, do so. Then think of creative ideas for bot plaugue.

Farmers are doing pve right ? And the fault is for NcSoft if the bug exists. They are too lazy to fix that, and want to punish players who are playing ? We spend a lot of time to drop the tears, it's a business like another. It's not like you make a bot and he's droping for you. This is the most ridiculous reason of ban i've ever seen. Blaming players is more easier than question themselves with their programs.

I'm laughing so hard when I heard that NCsoft is gonna punish all who did this.. LOL how old are you, NCsoft? It is so obvious that this is your fault and your problem to fix, not ours. We, as ACTIVE, NORMAL players will get punished for this? WHY? We support you along the way with our money, time and energy and this is what you give us? Punishing us for your mistake? Way to go! It is so funny that you can't even fix the bots in this game and you wanna punish the active players, once again, for YOUR fault! What now? It all just makes NCsoft look so weak. It can't fight off the bots and now it's making us to pay for their mistake. LOL 

Archived