[PSA] Using SS (backstep) to pass through dungeon doors will incur punishment according to Ncsoft

SinisterSin

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/25/2016 at 1:41 PM, SinisterSin said:

So I was just reading this on the Reddit forums and it seems this was addressed in their live twitch stream the other day.  They are going to start penalizing folks who do this.  You can read the info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/47kex3/psa_using_ss_to_pass_doors_in_dungeons_will_incur/

They are going to fix this issue (exploit) in the next upcoming patch.

ss is not other way like fm can ice up an auto push them back pass it i do  hope they fix all doors u can do this with

10 hours ago, AnokuHel said:

This reminds me of the time a exploit was found in FF 11 devs never said a word about it but keep tap on the players that did it. Oh the crying they did when it was fix a month or two later and entire LS (guilds) were penma BANNED! All said the same bullcrap lines the ones here are using well to bad you cheat,exploit, hack, or/and buy from gold sellers you deserve to be permanently banned from the game. Good day and good riddance to you sir or madam as we don't need trash like you here.

yea Blizzard did something similar and there were huge wave bans of guilds who exploited in raids on certain bosses.  They waited to see who all was doing it and how often then the ban wave came..

the crazy thing is Crimson Vanguard , corvanna , fritpacci, Airzah have spammed bsh so much faster since the bug and they got 7 skill books in the last week or so due to it and made even more with the ogong bug. this is getting out of control. 

*cricket*

6 hours ago, Eladriel said:

Overtime doesn't cut it,there's plenty of bots in gold-plat rank in arena and that's more then enough for a person to get tons of soulstones. I don't mind that exploiters get some punishment but they react now? That bug was known since beggining,every experienced player that played any other version of B&S probably knew about the bug, NC Soft should have known it as well....Even after it was posted on forum they should have just put that dungeon offline/close it not reacting 2 weeks after it got posted on forum. You actually think banning players now will help? i'm pretty sure people have exploiting it since the start and it would explain how some people got 5k+ gold and such....

Only thing that a ban will do now is harm to this game,no matter what most ppl say im pretty sure at least 50% of active lvl 45s did it,even people who found out about it on forum have had more then enough time to to farm enough money to upgrade to max... The one that probably did it also probably spent lots of cash on this game so i seriously doubt they will ban people who give them money.

You clearly have not read my other post in this thread. No where have they said that the punishment would be a ban. In fact all they have stated that the there would be some form of punishment. A company does not need to react right away on whether something is right or wrong... If it's clearly not intended, then you should not be doing it. And for that reason I do feel there should be some level of punishment.

A simple analogy: If I go to a convenience store and there is a chocolate bar, and I choose to take (steal) that chocolate bar because "I can", does not make it right. And when I get caught and charged with theft a couple weeks later, should I be surprised? Probably not, since it was against the rules to begin with. Did someone explicitly tell me not to steal that chocolate bar? No, but it should be common sense that breaking rules results in punishment.

Since the rest of your post is contingent on banning... Refer to the first part of my message.

I tried to run a blue dungeon to day on my KFM and both times got made fun of cuz I wouldn't do the expolit . I'm sorry I not gonna F'up my acct to get some stuff that j can get later I've just decided not to run any of that content till its fixed next week. Then laugh at all the people crying when they get punished .. ( problly the day or week after the patch.) I've got other toons to play. 

6 hours ago, Diradem said:

You clearly have not read my other post in this thread. No where have they said that the punishment would be a ban. In fact all they have stated that the there would be some form of punishment. A company does not need to react right away on whether something is right or wrong... If it's clearly not intended, then you should not be doing it. And for that reason I do feel there should be some level of punishment.

A simple analogy: If I go to a convenience store and there is a chocolate bar, and I choose to take (steal) that chocolate bar because "I can", does not make it right. And when I get caught and charged with theft a couple weeks later, should I be surprised? Probably not, since it was against the rules to begin with. Did someone explicitly tell me not to steal that chocolate bar? No, but it should be common sense that breaking rules results in punishment.

Since the rest of your post is contingent on banning... Refer to the first part of my message.

The difference here is that it is clear cut that stealing is against the law. There was enough ambiguity (caused in part by the fact this has been 'exploitable' for YEARS in other regions, and the lack of official policy on NCSoft) as to whether or not this was actually allowed or not to lead certain players to believe that it was either acceptable or that NCSoft simply didn't care.

I don't think anybody is seriously suggesting that it shouldn't be patched, however it is ridiculous to ignore the issue and then suddenly announce via unofficial channels (livestream) that those who have abused it will be punished. The correct way to handle this would have been either:

1) Address the issue early on, as soon as they became aware of it (they must have known players were abusing it for a very long time, possibly even prior to launch) and make it clear via a (forum) announcement that those who abuse it will be punished.

2) Patch it and just "suck it up" for those who have abused it. At the end of the day, especially for 'sins, it only adds ~5m max onto the run to do the extra mini-bosses. People act as if those exploiting this bug are getting something for nothing - people have still had to invest time and effort into killing the boss.

19 minutes ago, TehKonijn said:

I don't think anybody is seriously suggesting that it shouldn't be patched, however it is ridiculous to ignore the issue and then suddenly announce via unofficial channels (livestream) that those who have abused it will be punished. The correct way to handle this would have been either:

No, the correct way is to ban the ones who abused it and remove what they got.

If you skip bosses by SS trough a door you know you use and exploit to get an advantage over legit players.

6 minutes ago, Luffs said:

The players they ban would most likely go to Black Desert Online next week

BD has endgame pve grind and no arena pvp. For sure thats a game for the long run especially for the western community

and abusing exploits will result in bans there too.

Maybe NCsoft should FIRST punish themself for providing such *cricket* server service for EU.

Or like, punish bot / spammer.

How come thoses guys would waste such "energy" banning ppl for a such little bug use when there is WAY more important to do...

What's wrong with thoses guys.

1 hour ago, wootwoots said:

Maybe NCsoft should FIRST punish themself for providing such *cricket* server service for EU.

Or like, punish bot / spammer.

How come thoses guys would waste such "energy" banning ppl for a such little bug use when there is WAY more important to do...

What's wrong with thoses guys.

it's easier to ban an exploiter. 1 exploiter got banned. that means 1 less real player. and since real player usually only have 1 account. ncsoft doesn't have to worry that player will come back and exploit again. and if lady luck is nice, all of that player friends that exploit will also be banned or quit the game by them self cause of losing friend in the game. it's a win win situation for ncsoft, lots of exploiter will be gone in 1 swoop. without worrying they will return.

and a win win for us too legit player. that means we can enjoy running dg like it's designed for. 5 minutes longer and more fun :)

4 minutes ago, chinmi said:

it's easier to ban an exploiter. 1 exploiter got banned. that means 1 less real player. and since real player usually only have 1 account. ncsoft doesn't have to worry that player will come back and exploit again. and if lady luck is nice, all of that player friends that exploit will also be banned or quit the game by them self cause of losing friend in the game. it's a win win situation for ncsoft, lots of exploiter will be gone in 1 swoop. without worrying they will return.

and a win win for us too legit player. that means we can enjoy running dg like it's designed for. 5 minutes longer and more fun :)

So people should be banned for also running through all the mobs and using macros. Exploiting market prices ban there(buy low, sell high) also ban ping services like wtfast, ban people for afking, ban them for ganking in owpvp, ban them for attack through a wall, ban,banabanabanabanbanabanabanban. Also ban them for giving their alts gold so gamebroken. 

37 minutes ago, JJhopper said:

So people should be banned for also running through all the mobs and using macros. Exploiting market prices ban there(buy low, sell high) also ban ping services like wtfast, ban people for afking, ban them for ganking in owpvp, ban them for attack through a wall, ban,banabanabanabanbanabanabanban. Also ban them for giving their alts gold so gamebroken. 

Yes lol. No and that's not whats happing here. If the door was open and you could run though then cool I don't have to fight that boss awesome . The problem is that you have to beat a boss to get the door to open and if you ss'ing though the door and skipping so said boss well that's a exploit ie Wrong.  And FYI for all the people on here who keep talking about the bots,  in the same stream they addressed that to. I think NC soft IS planning to nip it all in the bud in One fell swoop so you cant really use the whole there banning us not the bots argument any more.  

3 hours ago, anaM said:

snip

Honestly, stop apologizing for the spam and perhaps... Stop doing it? 

1) You're off topic

2) You're name shaming

3) It's getting really annoying

Several people have already told you the solutions and what steps to take. But please continue. I honestly have no issues reporting posts that are spam.

1 hour ago, Selene said:

Feels like  archeage all over again.. when they were  banneding 3k accounts and shit.. was one of the victims .. lul got my account back in the end.. but yeah..

actually it does, lmfao, shitty server, bots everywhere, spammers everywhere, ban ppl for no reason

4 hours ago, SinisterSin said:

...and it looks like people are now getting banned for this.  Posts on here and on reddit of people that are now banned for exploiting this.

yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... that's super good news. this ss exploiter is the worse kind of people on the game. they make the bots, gold seller, afk-ers, spammer, arena hackers and master loot ninja looks like an angel.

i hope ncsoft perma banned those people. cause usually those people won't make another account. so that means 1 less scumbag in the game. yaayyy

thank you ncsoft ! keep up the good work :)

thank-you.jpg

1 hour ago, chinmi said:

yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... that's super good news. this ss exploiter is the worse kind of people on the game. they make the bots, gold seller, afk-ers, spammer, arena hackers and master loot ninja looks like an angel.

i hope ncsoft perma banned those people. cause usually those people won't make another account. so that means 1 less scumbag in the game. yaayyy

thank you ncsoft ! keep up the good work :)

thank-you.jpg

feel ya bruh:)

Archived