Forums

[PSA] Using SS (backstep) to pass through dungeon doors will incur punishment according to Ncsoft

SinisterSin

So everyone else in the run uses the exploit to go through a door, and you're left there behind to die? Is that your option then? In a cross-server dungeon (or heck even a same-server party) I'm not going to bother talking to other players who I do not know because there is no such thing as a sense of community that I have found in this game (minus the half dozen players who have been compassionate/nice in one way or another in all the hours I have logged). I'm not going to be the one to do NCSoft's job of saying 'this is now punishable, I'll just stay here and die...'

It's their responsibility to communicate that it is a punishable offense, not mine, and a vacuous amorphous punishment isn't going to deter people.

Frankly whoever posted above that they should just put some meaningful loot on mini-bosses they don't want skipped is a partial solution, but people who want to do speed runs are still going to run to the end as fast as they can and leave others behind to die or fend for themselves. The convenience of being able to get into the dungeon from anywhere in the cross-server dungeon tool, pick up the quest, and turn it in trumps caring who you do the run with if you're a geared 45 -- and from what I've seen while leveling, what happens to anyone along on "your" daily with you. (Generalizing, there may be people out there who care about other players, somewhere.)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, exploit or not, it's YOUR exploit that you possibly could've just fixed earlier. If it really is that easy to fix, why take the extra step to ban people for your mistake in the first place? There's way more important issues to attend such as Arena having hackers and bots everywhere that actually RUINS the game more than a simple "SSing through one door to skip two mini bosses" that honestly don't even drop anything valuable. Not to mention, a LOT of people do it, I could understand that if it was harder to perform the exploit or if not so many people did it, but almost EVERYONE does it. I don't really know if you can consider every daily run for BSH or Hall of Ogong an "excessive use" or 'abuse" but if you do, good luck banning most of your game's population, oh and again banning them for YOUR programming not ours. Get your act together, and punish or ban people for REAL issues like arena botting and hacking, not this silly *cricket*.

If they going to ban active players, oh well then, there is no way to make gold in this game besides dailies, they took out Legendary weapons, they took out the Hongmoon Pill, they took out all these things that allows players to make some gold.

In the stream they said players simply don't have enough gold to upgrade the legendaries, OF COURSE, cuz there is no way to make gold besides doing 40 dailies a day and make only 15G at most, meanwhile breakthrough fees costs over 3000 G for legendary weapon, ofc ofc we don't have enough G, ofc it will be pay to win cuz we are forced to buy gold from BOTS. 

the logic of ncsoft , you can hack , use bot , be a gold seller but you will never be punished . 

You use a exploit who is very known  , present in asia and old , than the developers hadn't never fixed , and you decide to punish people .

Personnally i don't understand what they will gain from this .

This will be a bad communication and publicity for them , although the game is known for his bot , and arena probleme .

They will only lose player . I suppose i think too much .

Er, they've banned a lot of bots and gold sellers. They end up banning a few players as false positives as well. They're also working on measures to put down the bots hard.

As for the exploit. OF COURSE you're going to be punished for using an exploit. Using an exploit is a bannable offense.

They're being nice in that they're only punishing people that have exploited the heck out of it =), which is cool on them.

Let's be honest here, we all know we're not suppose to go through that wall without doing the rest of the dungeon first.  I don't see why people are getting so worked up over this.  It's not like punishing players for abusing exploits is something new, I've seen it happen in other games.  I'm not saying people should be banned for it, but they should at least remove their loot that they got from it if they exploited the dungeon a ton of times.

NCwest gonna push through a patch to fix a miniscule exploit, which exists literally years on KR/JP/CN. Yeah gonna wait for that one, right after they fix the non-refineable hongmoon coins, I've had good laugh over that one too. Inb4 next patch, bots are gone.

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

Let's be honest here, we all know we're not suppose to go through that wall without doing the rest of the dungeon first.  I don't see why people are getting so worked up over this.  It's not like punishing players for abusing exploits is something new, I've seen it happen in other games.  I'm not saying people should be banned for it, but they should at least remove their loot that they got from it if they exploited the dungeon a ton of times.

Totally agree. Remove all profit in items / gold they gained from the exploit and if they upgraded their gear due to it then downgrade that as well. 

And before anyone more yells "it's ncsofts fault" .....no its not. It's common sense that such an action is an exploit. If you think you would get away with it then either you are just playin gnome dumb or naive 

i hope all those exploiter got perma banned. they only make the run go so much faster. i can't play the dg like it's designed too... really i do hope they got banned !!!

they're normal player, and usually only have 1 account. when they got banned they will permanently stop playing again. ha ha ha... suck to be them !!

i rather this game filled with hackers, bots, arena hack, arena bots, dungeon afk, and masterloot ninja, you know, those that make other people life miserable in a dg... those people have multiple id will constantly making a new one when one of their id is banned

i can't wait too see this game in 1 year when the population is only hackers, bots, arena hack, arena bots, dungeon afk, and masterloot ninja. ha ha ha ha ha ha

I don't know if anyone of you will remember, but there is a very good quote from a Harry Potter movie, I believe it was the 2nd movie where Fudge, the minister of magic, said that  "The ministry must be seen doing something." Ncsoft is doing that, they must be seen doing something. As for; bots, hackers, gold sellers etc. They will simply not do anything about them, why you ask? What fool bites the arm that feeds it? They would lose profits, of course they won't do anything about them, same reason we have shit servers, it's cheaper then getting good ones.

Are people seriously trying to defend against exploit punishment?  What makes an exploit an exploit is the users intent to use then for their own personal gain, regardless if its a design flaw, you have to intentionally act upon it which means it's on you; those who either somehow accidently used it or were pressured into it once or twice are being rightfully overlooked.  If it's true they have logs on this kind of thing, it should be obvious who intentionally exploits and who doesn't.

Anyway, stream says punishment is more or less undecided. Who knows if it's a ban.

24 minutes ago, jordzkie said:

apparently, this may be the reason i got banned(which by the way. everybody in cross server runs do anyway). holy shit, so very quick of an action by them but can't contain botting.

gee whiz, thanks.

you better of be a gold seller, afk or arena hacker lol... those people seems to be safe and sound.

well, 1 less real player is banned... nice job ncsoft. can't wait till this game population is only those that hacks, bot, gold seller and master loot ninja... great job !!

if this kind of bug will be fixed and they ban player doing this.. gold bots will be happy and they can sale gold at high price again.. 

but still better they put official announcement on this problem not just ban players not knowing what they did just to save like  5 mins or 3 to run a dungeon..

11 hours ago, Shauneh said:

Who the hell should have to be forced to watch their garbage stream just to get information that should be on the front page of the MAIN WEBSITE, now you're just being ignorant. 

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/?utm_source=pr2&utm_medium=top_topbtn&utm_campaign=na_lodestone Go see how a website should look, and how information is updated almost instantly. 

I was making better webpages in highschool, that had much better security than this poor excuse for a forum. It's actually very shameful for anyone that has any sort of degree in computer science, or web design. There are children in the education systems with better understanding of programming languages than what i've seen on this site. 

I can see that you are salty since you resorted to name calling. That's fine. Do whatever makes you sleep at night.

I agree that the way they put out information is bad, however I would not call the stream garbage. 

It could be that they are ironing out the details before posting the consequences since it effects a very large percentage of the player base. 

However this does not change the fact that you made an accusation based on a fact you did not know/fully understand when there was a credible source (producer and brand manager ) who stated otherwise. Just chill and let's calm down with the labeling, thnx.

I do agree that this website feels very poor or gives a very poor user experience.

17 hours ago, Zuldorak said:

They talked about those who did the exploit excessively "100's and 1000's of times for personal gain".

So if you're just doing the daily, you are fine.  But if you are farming the instance all day every day, you're going to get banned.

You know I find it highly hilarious how when NCSoft actually does something about people breaking ToS, people still think NCSoft is the worst. 

Yes, the Ogong exploit was indeed a game design flaw and should have been fixed by Team Bloodlust, but that doesn't give anyone any actual rights to abuse the flawed game design to further their gains via broken game design. The reason it is called a bug is because it's not meant to happen to begin with and many ToS in any game clearly state that exploiting bugs is punishable. 

Crying over NCSoft banning you for exploiting a bug and then claiming that things such as bots and hackers should be priority ban shows that you think you are entitled to abuse the bug and that there's no problem with it. Yes, it's not on the same level as botting or hacking, but if a ToS states (or if the publisher makes official announcement) that bug abusing is punishable, and you exploit bugs such as Ogong's doors, then you are clearly breaking the Terms of Service which you are only to blame. 

I don't care if you paid good money for this game, if you break ToS, NCSoft will take action and they will act on it. QQing for refund isn't gonna do any good if you think the laws within your country/region makes you liable. The moment you registered and played Blade And Soul, you agreed to their terms of service whether you read it or not. 

Archived