[PSA] Using SS (backstep) to pass through dungeon doors will incur punishment according to Ncsoft

SinisterSin

So I was just reading this on the Reddit forums and it seems this was addressed in their live twitch stream the other day.  They are going to start penalizing folks who do this.  You can read the info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/47kex3/psa_using_ss_to_pass_doors_in_dungeons_will_incur/

They are going to fix this issue (exploit) in the next upcoming patch.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, aSin said:

so that means the peoples who using SS in bloodshade habor, will be banned too?

cuz if not ..I'd be laughing hard....and if they do I think the whole server will be banned.

Plus, also to be fair, all players who using it will be banned and not if you use less you will get away of it. when u exploiting a bug, so I hope ncsoft could be fair about it.

Otherwise get the bug fixed asap, and move on.

16 minutes ago, aSin said:

so that means the peoples who using SS in bloodshade habor, will be banned too?

cuz if not ..I'd be laughing hard....and if they do I think the whole server will be banned.

No where did they state what the punishment is... In fact they said they haven't even come up with what the punishment was going to be. It could range from temporary bans, to loss of gold, etc.

Also, they clearly stated that you would only receive punishment if it was noted you were doing it excessively with clear intent to exploit.

36 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

Im just glad they gonna punish players for breaking something that actually helps the whole faction (lowers the prices) then banning bots in arean,hackers etc.... way to go Nc soft,

Using that exploit is not much different from using a bot.

Both give you a timeadvantage over legtit players.

I go blue dungeon once a day, yesterday i was called an *cricket* because i refused to exploit it.

35 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

Im just glad they gonna punish players for breaking something that actually helps the whole faction (lowers the prices) then banning bots in arean,hackers etc.... way to go Nc soft,

By your logic: bots are farming soulstones and put them up for cheap prices so the bots are actually doing this for us now ? Common man ... This has been done for ice-cold personal gains please don't even joke about helping a "faction" or the playerbase in general.

That doesn't make up for the, literal, millions of players on this server. 85% is an absurd exaggeration, regardless if you see a couple hundred players doing it.

Only the devs with the logs have the raw numbers to calculate a percentage, and I'm willing to bet it doesn't even make up half the server.

So ban half the games population? Good idea. Those people will tell others not to play, and before you know it the game is dead. I'm trying to like this game. Honestly I am. But if everyone using the exploit gets banned, server populations in your theory get cut in half ( not including bots). If that happens, bots become even more of an issue.

Something does need to be done, but mass banning won't help. If anything it could potentially kill the game.

19 minutes ago, Diradem said:

Also, they clearly stated that you would only receive punishment if it was noted you were doing it excessively with clear intent to exploit.

They are basically pointing to the farmers.

She said if you are doing your daily and the party does it for speed run, it won't be flagged, since the loot still need to go thru the bidding process and not a matter of personal gain/farming.

14 minutes ago, zubatusedfly said:

Go run a cross server 100 times. 80-85 times out of the 100, the exploit will be used. Want me to stream it this weekend and keep track on a notepad? I'll do it willingly.

Never had a group with even a single person who abused it.

Yea, it was about people that were hardcore about it. You know, 100 times or 1000 times. They didn't say that it would all result in a ban, only that it is a bannable offense. They only said "punishment." It could be that if you did it a decent amount but weren't exploiting the heck out if it that your account will only be suspended for maybe a month.

1 minute ago, EverybodyLovesPenguins said:

They should prioritize the bots instead of the ss abusers.. if they punished the abusers the population of this game will drop so hard and most players will run dungeons with 3-4 useless bots in their team. Eventually.. the game dies.

This. Also the ss glitch is due to lazy programing. If the door had been coded as a solid object to begin with, it would not be an issue (the doors are hollow vs solid, that's why it works)

5 minutes ago, EverybodyLovesPenguins said:

They should prioritize the bots instead of the ss abusers.. if they punished the abusers the population of this game will drop so hard and most players will run dungeons with 3-4 useless bots in their team. Eventually.. the game dies.

They're dealing with both. This last stream talked about how they are working on countermeasures for bots AND people exploiting dungeons. They even talked about master looters.

1 minute ago, zubatusedfly said:

This. Also the ss glitch is due to lazy programing. If the door had been coded as a solid object to begin with, it would not be an issue (the doors are hollow vs solid, that's why it works)

Still an exploit bro.

I ran with two groups that did, I get pissed when ppl do that...  because someone will always aggro the mob, then SS thru door leaving others to be burned in BSH...  just kill the damn thing instead...  with good gear 6 man on 2 mobs takes the same amt of time.  I ran the monkey king the other day, 3 others and I killed the monkey opened the door while 2 tried to SS thru but were stuck there the entire time...  why bother?

Archived