Forums

So, no legendary weapons, what does it mean for current weapons

Conor13seconds

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Conor13seconds said:

As I said, they just announced that we won't be getting legendaries AT ALL 

You misunderstood, They said there won't be any at moment, they are planning to bring legendaries with a different concept so it won't be p2w

4 minutes ago, Fuz said:

No, you don't understand.
I need to read what they actually said and see how it's open for interpretation (pr speak ALWAYS is).
I want a reliable source. You definitely are not one. The livestream is not one (since it's in the past). 

Then to answer your question. Other than the live stream you missed, there is no place you can read it.

Current cap is true pirate, and they have said that it will be automatically converted to lvl 50 weapon path when it is released.

He did say no legendary weapons will be dropping from naryu labyrinth because it would be very similar to p2w and they dont want that.  However he did not say no legendary weapons FOREVER(or any equivalent to that).  In the near future are we getting legendary weapons? No.  I would say wait until at least silverfrost mountains patch comes out first and then we will probably have a better time range on legendary weapons.  

copy from official reddit post  :https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/46gyq6/ncsoft_staff_ama/d0541zc

The upgrade path when level 50 content is released will be similar to what Taiwan is currently using.

***NOTE: The names are not final for the level 50 weapons.
True Profane will be able to upgrade to Devil weapon
True Siren will be able to upgrade to True Devil weapon
True Pirate will be able to upgrade to True Breeze (Gale) weapon

UPDATE: I just spoke to the development team and the Pirate Soul will not be available in our version. Instead, we will be using the Cursed Soul that is available the TW version for example. This will be available with the Silverfrost Mountains update and is created by collecting three broken pieces from level 50 dungeons in order to create the Cursed Soul.

Its honestly good they arent releasing them yet as they take up a lot of resources to upgrade which we dont really have an abundance of or really a lot of ways to ge them, its already bad enough with upgrading siren and pirate weapons so imagine if its a lot worse then that

5 minutes ago, Fuz said:

No, you don't understand.
I need to read what they actually said and see how it's open for interpretation (pr speak ALWAYS is).
I want a reliable source. You definitely are not one. The livestream is not one (since it's in the past). 

First -- I do understand. You're asking for something that doesn't exist and might never exist. They very rarely put down in writing what they say in streams let alone even give us patch notes. You can't get much more reliable "source" than someone literally saying it out loud who is part of the development team. If you want an actual written answer then you're best off just posting a tweet on Blade & Soul Ops and asking Jonathan to write it down for you since apparently you lack reading and listening comprehension.

Second -- I never claimed to be a reliable source, so I see no point and saying "You definitely are not one." Useless comment by you.

Third -- They literally just said it in the livestream that is happening right now. Sure, the answer may be in the "past" but that doesn't change the answer.  

6 minutes ago, Fuz said:

...and this is exactly what I meant.

Also, Just because what Conor13seconds interpretation of what they said is wrong doesn't mean that the actual source (livestream) is wrong. He misunderstood, doesn't mean the other 99% of the populace will too. Point being -- the only source you're getting is that livestream so go listen to it for yourself and take your own interpretation of it.

12 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Its honestly good they arent releasing them yet as they take up a lot of resources to upgrade which we dont really have an abundance of or really a lot of ways to ge them, its already bad enough with upgrading siren and pirate weapons so imagine if its a lot worse then that

As a CN server player what we have now is nothing compared to end game and legendary weapons at 50 cap, legendarys are a huge grind fest and need not 100's but 1000's of gold, Players complain at the upgrade cost's we have currentlly LOL, you have no idea, remember this is a Korean game and NCwest want us to have the same game, Koreans love grind, mmo's are a way of life in Korea, I see floods of tears in the future

Just creating some of the required mats for weapon upgrades at 50 patch cost 50 gold plus mats and they can fail and do alot, and they are bound so there is no easy way, we have it super easy here at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

As a CN server player what we have now is nothing compared to end game and legendary weapons at 50 cap, legendarys are a huge grind fest and need not 100's but 1000's of gold, Players complain at the upgrade cost's we have currentlly LOL, you have no idea, remember this is a Korean game and NCwest want us to have the same game, Koreans love grind, mmo's are a way of life in Korea, I see floods of tears in the future

Exactly which is why releasing them now would be idiotic as we have no reliable ways of amassing the resources for them other then P2W which they already said they dont wanna do. Wise choice IMO

6 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Exactly which is why releasing them now would be idiotic as we have no reliable ways of amassing the resources for them other then P2W which they already said they dont wanna do. Wise choice IMO

I agree, but i see NCwests main goal is all about getting us to the 50 patch asap and being able to compete in world rankings, and if this is the case then PVE content does not really come into their priority. as I have said in another thread, NCwest goal is to make money, its a business, how they do it does not really matter as long as the cash continues to come in, they are not NCsoft, they are a separate company under contract with NCsoft, they are here to market and profit from their affiliated companys product pure and simple.

3 minutes ago, Shoshin said:

Also, Just because what Conor13seconds interpretation of what they said is wrong doesn't mean that the actual source (livestream) is wrong. He misunderstood

Yeah, that's why I wanted a reliable source, and not someone doing an "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE" type of post.

5 minutes ago, Fuz said:

Yeah, that's why I wanted a reliable source, and not someone doing an "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE" type of post.

But again, while what he interpreted and said was wrong, that doesn't mean the source he provided was wrong. He gave you a reliable souce, just misunderstood the source and gave you wrong info.

1 hour ago, Conor13seconds said:

Héhé, I don't know what to say, Mr Lien said that the only way to get those weapon was by Pay to win elements, thing that they're not going to do ever, so the best way it to not get legendaries, that's what they said.

Hmm, TW has it and TW is not P2W like CN is. Maybe I am missing something here.

Okay so, I understand the fact that legendaries require too much resource in the games current state to put them in the game. THAT makes sense. Although they COULD alter and change the requirements, which honestly doesn't seem like that much work,  thus fixing the economy problem that they had stated. 

Now what really gets to me is that the main excuse they said was that the only way for them to release legendary weapons was to make it Pay 2 Win. How exactly would releasing a legendary require pay 2 win qualities? Current weapons are not pay 2 win. Why would a legendary be any different? Only thing I can think of is selling the NCoin for gold in the currency exchange. Isn't a legendary simply our current weapons but much more costly upgrade requirements? Can someone give me some information regarding this? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Hello, so, they just announced that we won't be getting legendary weapons, because the only way to get it would be by P2W methods. 

As I said, they just announced that we won't be getting legendaries AT ALL 

Dude, please watch the video again, and listen C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y to what was said.

What he said is we will not be getting any legendary weapon with the WL patch release.

Reason offered is in order to upgrade, way too much material will be required, and with the game's current market/supply/game state, the only way for players to upgrade to legendary would be via P2W cash shop.

He DID NOT said we will never get legendary weapons. He said we will not get it with the WL patch release.

1 hour ago, Jenti said:

Okay so, I understand the fact that legendaries require too much resource in the games current state to put them in the game. THAT makes sense. Although they COULD alter and change the requirements, which honestly doesn't seem like that much work,  thus fixing the economy problem that they had stated. 

Now what really gets to me is that the main excuse they said was that the only way for them to release legendary weapons was to make it Pay 2 Win. How exactly would releasing a legendary require pay 2 win qualities? Current weapons are not pay 2 win. Why would a legendary be any different? Only thing I can think of is selling the NCoin for gold in the currency exchange. Isn't a legendary simply our current weapons but much more costly upgrade requirements? Can someone give me some information regarding this? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Because the resources needed to upgrade the legendary weapons are not currently in the game. There are resources required that will come with later areas as well as a much larger quantity of certain current resources (like soulstones and gold). They're not going to dilute the requirements on legendaries as the point of them is to give players something to do in-between patches and a giant gold sink. The reason it would be P2W is that because resources that are not released yet due to not having the area are needed for the upgrades, their only choice would be to put those resources into the cash shop so that we could get them (Pay 2 Win as it would only be obtainable in the cash shop).

3 hours ago, Conor13seconds said:

Hello, so, they just announced that we won't be getting legendary weapons, because the only way to get it would be by P2W methods. Wich I agree and have no problem with.

But, what does it mean for the current weapons ? Is there an upgrade cap ? I mean, at some point, our weapon won't be able to upgrade anymore, and that's it ?

http://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul

That's not what they said.

They said we are not getting Legendary weapons in the warlock patch.

Archived