WTF Is this BS De-Ranking in 3's?

Strider

Is this a thing? Like, seriously? Please tell me this isn't the reason in the 3/3 Tag Matches I did today there was at least ONE if not TWO people AFK 2 of those matches with me being on the receiving end of this crap the other was on the opposite team. Can we report these people for ruining 3v3's or just Arena in general and if so how? Don't mind the awesome MS Paint work I did but I find this to be beyond stupid and somehow it has to be looked down upon by NCSoft as these people are ruining an essential part of their game/business.

I've been told this came to be because of the long queue times in higher 3's ranking and after De-Ranking players will just climb back up for the rewards then repeat the cycle, but holy hell do I still find it stupid that players are intentionally ruining the experience. I'd like there to be some an option to report AFK players if possible, please BnS Community, don't tell me I'm the only one that feels this way. </3

khpz1jl.png?1

6 minutes ago, Strider said:

Arena needs to be called Bots.... 12 Destroyer bots in a row. I can't easily deal with them when they have Korean level reflexes. D:

US?

Haven't noticed any bots in EU. Instead my Summoner gets grouped against Assassins and (usually good) Summoners all the time...

Derankers usually use themselves as training dummies at best as a sort of service for certain PvPers... mainly to farm Zen Beans

I've seen games where people derank so they can have easier matchmaking because certain games match people based on their ranks. Not sure if BnS does this right now (where matchmaking is based on rank) but it's definitely a way to farm Zen Bean. 

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Arena needs to be called Bots.... 12 Destroyer bots in a row. I can't easily deal with them when they have Korean level reflexes. D:

Personally, i play a Destroyer and i still suck at it, never played much fighting games between the original Street fighter II, Mortal Combat back in the Arcade's (i know i am an old fossil), but ive not played against many destroyers, just allot of force masters and blade cancers that rip me a new one.

That and disconnects in arena when i am winning that makes you loose 38 ish points for disconnecting, with is extremely frustrating and does not ever seem to happen on my kungfu master or Blade Master.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

this topic talks is not about bots, bring your rant somewhere else.

Anyway, de-ranking may spoil the fun for some, but it does not break the game rules/mechanic since the only way to get zen bean faster is to win a match, but the earning difference between higher rank and lower rank is very little yet the difficulty in winning a match increases exponentially. 

You can say it's a failure of the ratio the zen beans reward to player skill are bad. If they can tweak the zen bean reward so that it rewards much lesser for lower rank and more for higher rank (plat+), then you'll see the decrease in bots and deranker.

BUT, this come with a cost. Noobs will cry even more (EG:"OMG pvp fail can't earn zen bean cause xx imba") and a bad ratio tweak will allow the high ranking players to farm each other (for the very high ranking based, it's possible to abuse the match finding system to keep fighting each other)

1 hour ago, Kanosaki said:

this topic talks is not about bots, bring your rant somewhere else.

Anyway, de-ranking may spoil the fun for some, but it does not break the game rules/mechanic since the only way to get zen bean faster is to win a match, but the earning difference between higher rank and lower rank is very little yet the difficulty in winning a match increases exponentially. 

You can say it's a failure of the ratio the zen beans reward to player skill are bad. If they can tweak the zen bean reward so that it rewards much lesser for lower rank and more for higher rank (plat+), then you'll see the decrease in bots and deranker.

BUT, this come with a cost. Noobs will cry even more (EG:"OMG pvp fail can't earn zen bean cause xx imba") and a bad ratio tweak will allow the high ranking players to farm each other (for the very high ranking based, it's possible to abuse the match finding system to keep fighting each other)

Would you please kindly stfu.

When did I say it was about bots? Aside from that you're telling me to take my rant somewhere else? Are you stupid? This is what General Discussion is for, to discuss. I understand the thought process behind it, I just don't agree with it and it ruins 3's not just me but a lot of other people. I'm sure there's solutions to it and the reason I'm ranting as you put it, is because I would like NCSoft to discourage this kind of trend/behavior by either giving us a report option for players that simply afk or think of something else that may help.

Now I know it was pointed out that losing intentionally is easy to do as well aside from afk but hell at least it's better than just having your team mates just stand there doing nothing handing you a loss on a silver platter and wasting your time.

I resorted to looking for a 3's group instead of simply going into solo queue, it's worked out so far. Just a little advice for those of you who also have had afk'ers in your group or don't like this sort of behavior.

8 minutes ago, Strider said:

When did I say it was about bots? Aside from that you're telling me to take my rant somewhere else? Are you stupid? This is what General Discussion is for, to discuss. I understand the thought process behind it, I just don't agree with it and it ruins 3's not just me but a lot of other people. I'm sure there's solutions to it and the reason I'm ranting as you put it, is because I would like NCSoft to discourage this kind of trend/behavior by either giving us a report option for players that simply afk or think of something else that may help.

Now I know it was pointed out that losing intentionally is easy to do as well aside from afk but hell at least it's better than just having your team mates just stand there doing nothing handing you a loss on a silver platter and wasting your time.

I resorted to looking for a 3's group instead of simply going into solo queue, it's worked out so far. Just a little advice for those of you who also have had afk'ers in your group or don't like this sort of behavior.

I should repeat what I meant: This specific thread is not talking about bot issues, it's talking about deranking. Open a new thread and complain about bots there (and then get locked due to duplicate thread)

3 minutes ago, mihwK said:

You get like 100 beans more just from gold to plat, how is that low? How much was it, it's like 160gold, 260plat?

116 zen bean per win for gold, 160 zen bean per win for platinum. No idea about gold cause I'm not there yet.

18 minutes ago, Strider said:

I should repeat what I meant: This specific thread is not talking about bot issues, it's talking about deranking. Open a new thread and complain about bots there (and then get locked due to duplicate thread)

Edit: Now that i re-read your post, there's even more thing to pin point.

1) You did not mentioned anything about deranking, which is this thread's main topic

5 hours ago, Strider said:

2) General discussion is for discussion things in general, but the topic of discussion is limited to what the op is discussing about.

So... yea, I'm gonna stop here if you stay to the topic.

12 minutes ago, mihwK said:

You get like 100 beans more just from gold to plat, how is that low? How much was it, it's like 160gold, 260plat?

in 3v3 tag, yes you are right, 160 for gold, no idea for platinum. (sorry, got confused with 1v1).
But really, think of the ratio between zen bean earned and difficulty spike. it's not worth it.

it freaks me out a little how good these bots are programed 

i see them now do everything a other player can do also 

not only killing mops and get loot but much more doing quest talk to NPC upgrade there weapon and more 

and they can pvp to this is so wrong 

those 5 years did the programers good in those asian countries to get every data 

and make a good botter

i hope NCsoft have something ready to counter this crap  

Archived