Ncsoft is the worst thing that could've happened to BnS

Irieatris

Every game company has a bad rep now-a-days. However, I must say, NCSoft has given me the best customer service (to be honest...) I don't know if its because I spend money? Vrs. some people who get bad customer service and don't spend cash....  Idk if it truly has something to do with it, or the issues I have had in the past.

Either way, can't complain. Bots come with almost every game - sadly. Wish there was more they could do, however they have to look at EVERY aspect of the  issues and the things to FIX those issues.

I think there should be a capatcha NOT a time restricted one BUT hear me out.

Dungeon lobby: Capatcha  (Only when you first teleport in to the lobby before you select your dungeon)

Arena Lobby: Same thing as dungeon lobby

Party finder: same thing you hit F you are required to put in a capatcha in order to continue

AND after creating a new character

Some people may not agree with this, and I am SURE there would likely still be bots after that, but I am positive they would decrease...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, I am not saying EVERY dungeon you do you have to enter a code, I am just saying that when you first enter the lobby (some people hang out there all day) you'd only need to enter 2 capatchas - 1when you log in, and 1 when you go to the lobby.

It's so easy to remove bots, just ban the accounts that are reported by players. It's also so easy to check if its a false report - Yesterday I reported 3 bots with level 1 gear at Profane Jingashi Wheela and by any means they were no legit players at all. They followed the same path over and over again. NCsoft wond do anything about it. They didnt do it of Lineage 2 ten years ago and they wond do it now. 

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

Some people apparently have no idea about working in the industry. You don't "work behind the scene" and let everybody in the dark about what you are doing. In my job I have to report weekly about what I have done and what I'm going to do the next week (to multiple bosses).

Right now, NCsoft just acts all high and mighty. Even if they would "work behind the scenes", the stakeholders/customers/target group gets an update of the progress (I don't even request milestones or a timeline), but you can't just "pretend to work". Whoever is employed should try to tell their line manager/boss "Hey boss, I'm going to work on this, so don't ask me or expect status updates. I'll come again if I have something". You'll just be fired. 

So why do you people trust in NCsoft?

You clearly have no idea how game development and publishing works if you think every single information is deemed viable to be shared to the general public. There are things they will share and things they won't. While NC West right now has very little statements on subject matter, I know for a fact that they are doing something about it. there's a difference between reporting to a boss and sharing information to a general public. 

Why they haven't stated anything at all right now is beyond me however having worked as part of a game publishing company, we have to control the information we share with the public. Issues such as bots, hacks and exploits we handle on a very serious matter yet at best we don't share these information. The main issue with announcing that we may have done something about security is that we are technically informing any potential threats that we have updated our security and they will know this and therefore they will try work around it. Yes, we could say we are working on the issue of bots, hacks and exploiters but openly saying what we did or what we intend to do or even just saying we have "tightened the security" is potential information which flows and eventually reaches those with the knowledge to breach the security. So before you say "NCSOFT AINT SAID SHIT" please learn what they are dealing with, 

1 hour ago, Rey said:

aeria games? You send games there to die..

Holy shit I laughed... Aeria games is literally the graveyard for any games these days. 

There's also Gamigo games which, despite saving Fiesta Online, has managed to ruin games too by favouring home servers (I still remember how Neo Steam EU was destroyed because they made a German and EU server instead of one whole server). 

Also, Elsword was demolished by its own developer and had to be rebuilt again. Apparently their old director led them to bad game design and they have a new director leading the team to develop it so they are currently rebuilding with insane amount of free stuff, the amount of +9 they gave for events is insane right now... 

Been playing NCsoft games since Lineage The Blood Pledge. NCSoft has been around publishing games for a long time now. Every time a new game comes out and the standard flood of bots, spammers ect show up, as they do in EVERY GAME put out by EVERY publisher there are some people that flip out and rant on and on about how the game is dying and its all the publishers fault. Simple fact of the matter is its about supply and demand. Bots and gold farmers provide gold to gold spammers to sell. PLAYERS are responsible for keeping them in business. PLAYERS are responsible for the issue, because they want the easy gold. Players are the demand. No matter how many ways they ban spammers and bots they will always get back in because without locking out new game accounts they cannot be prevented. Now if the game was B2P, with a mandatory P2P subscription after that, there would be less spammers and bots. But only less. 

6 hours ago, YuuAngel said:

Am I the only one that hasn't seen any bot? Not even once.

I logged in briefly last night after the patch.  I was checking to see if they restored the missing founder pack titles (which they didn't) and I did notice that there were no gold spam messages showing up in either faction or regional on the Soha server.  Looks like they made a little headway in that regard.

I didn't venture outside of town though to look for gold farming bots so I can't say anything about them.

4 hours ago, Kitzu said:

Every game company has a bad rep now-a-days. However, I must say, NCSoft has given me the best customer service (to be honest...) I don't know if its because I spend money? Vrs. some people who get bad customer service and don't spend cash....  Idk if it truly has something to do with it, or the issues I have had in the past.

Either way, can't complain. Bots come with almost every game - sadly. Wish there was more they could do, however they have to look at EVERY aspect of the  issues and the things to FIX those issues.

I think there should be a capatcha NOT a time restricted one BUT hear me out.

Dungeon lobby: Capatcha  (Only when you first teleport in to the lobby before you select your dungeon)

Arena Lobby: Same thing as dungeon lobby

Party finder: same thing you hit F you are required to put in a capatcha in order to continue

AND after creating a new character

Some people may not agree with this, and I am SURE there would likely still be bots after that, but I am positive they would decrease...

I'd rather keep the bots around than have Capatchas which won't take long for them to pass. Having to do them for every single thing would be absolutely annoying. 

7 hours ago, AlterNatiVe said:

why its ncsoft foult?they are fighting them but they are like zombies..... its actualy player base foult who buys gold from them so stick your comment to your self if you dont know better......

^This.

It's not NCSoft's fault players are buying gold, and so the gold farmers have a reason to exist in the game.  Things can and will be done to stop them.

4 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

Have you never heard of Gameforge? lel

Yes, gameforge is worse, but no matter how bad they are, it does not really justify ncsoft's incompetence. It's just a lesser evil.

And frankly, I don't care whether they are trying or not. I don't pay mechanic for "trying to repair my car".

9 minutes ago, Zachariasz said:

Yes, gameforge is worse, but no matter how bad they are, it does not really justify ncsoft's incompetence. It's just a lesser evil.

And frankly, I don't care whether they are trying or not. I don't pay mechanic for "trying to repair my car".

You don't have to 'pay' for this game, that's your choice.  Can you play? Yes.  Did you get the items you chose to pay for? Yes.  Do you have a RIGHT to demand answers from the team who provided this game to you, that you can still play, that you can play for free? No.

You don't own this game like you would a car, you aren't paying a team to fix their own issues that quite frankly, are slowly being dealt with.

Now don't get me wrong, there are many faults with this game and NCSoft customer services are absolute dog-shite, however, if you can log in and play without spending money if you don't want to, you have no right to complain.

Uhm.  guys?  Without NCSoft there wouldn't *be* BnS.  Team Bloodlust is an NCSoft subsidiary.  They aren't just the publisher, they're also the developer.

(and, incidentally, in my experience you *do* pay the mechanic for "trying to repair your car".)

Too much ignorant nerd rage in this thread.

Team Bloodlust is a development division of NCSoft.  NC owns them.  This game wouldn't exist without NCSoft.  So to say that "Ncsoft is the worst thing that could've happened to BnS" is so completely nonsensical it makes you look like a raving lunatic.  You clearly don't have the slightest f*cking clue what you're talking about.  NC and Bloodlust weren't going to just shop this out to another publisher (who?  Nexon?  LOL!) and let them take all the credit and profits with its various regional releases.  You're out of your mind.  Stop talking.

9 minutes ago, Lexter said:

I must agree. Today totaly unplayable. Every day is nightmare, but today? Very BAD KFM defeat me cuz i have secs delays, cant kick him in the air or escape by f. Just shit.....

That's your own hangup, not Ncsofts.

1 minute ago, Jinjii said:

That's your own hangup, not Ncsofts.

Yes yes, i waiting fot this stupid posts. I always waiting. Warframe, Terra, Synergy to NA and others are perfectly fine. So stop protecting NCSOFT, please fan boy. 

5 hours ago, Rey said:

aeria games? You send games there to die...

Elsword, A.v.a, S4 league, Ragnarok 2. All good games when released, ruined by a greedy company with bad servers and support.

I'm still pissed about A.V.A.

Granted I no was no longer playing it at the time (I got bored just before ijji transferred it to Aeria) but still that was such a good f2p fps with a good business model and decent customer service.

3 minutes ago, Lexter said:

Yes yes, i waiting fot this stupid posts. I always waiting. Warframe, Terra, Synergy to NA and others are perfectly fine. So stop protecting NCSOFT, please fan boy. 

I wasn't, ping is based on your location, sorry your location sucks.  

Archived