Forums

Ncsoft is the worst thing that could've happened to BnS

Irieatris

well I'm not the first to mention this, but as it seems the game is being overrun by bots and gold spammers and ncsoft once again falling short 

I mean we waited for this game for so long just to see it die

and once again its ncsoft fault like so many other games published by it *cough*lineage 2, wildstar, aion*cough*

so is there any chance in the world this game can be saved by any means? like will ncsoft be gracious enough to sell its publishing rights to another company or make it b2p?

and yes i think making the game b2p at this point might save it i know i would pay the extra 30-50 bucks to play it

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every game has its gold sellers but how the matter handles is in the hands of the company....look at guild wars 2 they had gold sellers as well but it quickly died out since the company handled the issue, in BnS case the company doesnt care and its a shame

21 minutes ago, Irieatris said:

Its hard to believe they are trying... I mean look at the forums most of the posts are about the bots and gold spammers

Just because people spam the forums about the problem they are already aware of doesn't help speed up the process.... People spam the forums almost everyday making new topic after topic about it.  They already know. You guys spamming the same post over and over again behave in a similar manner as the bots that you don't like why not take the time to look through the forum and just keep posting about it on one post instead of flooding the forum about it. Which doesn't actually help it just clutters up the forum into a bigger mess. 

47 minutes ago, AlterNatiVe said:

why its ncsoft foult?they are fighting them but they are like zombies..... its actualy player base foult who buys gold from them so stick your comment to your self if you dont know better......

Agreed here, stop buying gold from goldsellers, stop cutting corners, expoliting and all that.

It is playerbase that is just utter crap in west not NCsoft fault.

WOW spoiled all those mmo gamers so much that everybody demands to be spoon feed with "you are awasome" achivments on every corner. When they are not spoon feed they cheat or buy gold.

but you cant argue the fact the Ncsoft has a crappy reputation for maintaining a game as i said before... and people beside complaining are also suggesting solutions 

and here is one from the top of my head..remove trading between players lets everything flow through the marketplace it works great in gw2 

2 minutes ago, Irieatris said:

but you cant argue the fact the Ncsoft has a crappy reputation for maintaining a game as i said before... and people beside complaining are also suggesting solutions 

and here is one from the top of my head..remove trading between players lets everything flow through the marketplace it works great in gw2 

The only thing about that is if they did that without a bank linked to all accounts I'd be *cricket*ed, as I've been prepping up for my Warlock this whole time and using my other characters to make the money for the items I need. o-o I doubt they will plan to change the bank system in the game though.

2 minutes ago, Irieatris said:

Pretty sure that's dependent on their branch. ArenaNet seems to be doing just fine with GW2, it's only Team Bloodlust and NC West that seem to have problems handling things at the moment, NC West moreso than Team Bloodlust. 

15 minutes ago, YuuAngel said:

Am I the only one that hasn't seen any bot? Not even once.

First post in the forums? Perhaps you are a NCsoft bot, trying to do a good reputation?

For the others who are new to BnS: We have 

- bots in the forums, spamming new threads in bad english

- bots in every chat channels, spamming their gold advertising

- bots farming open world bosses, namely these for the wheels of fate

- bots farming quarz and water

- bots leeching money and simulaneously spamming gold advertisements in dungeons (you have to carry the bot thru the dungeons as he doesn't contribute firepower plus blocks one slot)

- even bots in open world pvp battle (this was actually fun to kill the bots 300x (?) times, I was there for neraly 2h)

- (not visible) and the worst: bots/gold sellers heavily influencing the market

- a large majority of them are destroyers

- they have just letter as names like "sdsdssdd"

- they run around in a group, have the same appearance, act like bots with pathfinding

58 minutes ago, Irieatris said:

Its hard to believe they are trying... I mean look at the forums most of the posts are about the bots and gold spammers

Just because people post on the forum it means NCSoft isn't trying?

What kind of mentality is that?

Afaik other versions also have problems with bots. It's not just us. They werent ruined by it... but i also find it highly annoying and they have to do something against it.

But no ncsoft isnt the worst that could've happened. There is scum like gpotato and gameforge out there. Dont forget the scum. Never do.

Okay, let me be one to point something out here... Buy to play, Subscribe to play, Free to play, Pay to win, Pay to progress faster, etc..

THEY - ALL - HAVE - BOTS.

Any game I have ever played has had a range of bots. Aura kingdom and final fantasy 14 (up till last month)  So there is your Free to play and buy to play + Sub to play after you pay. They had bots.   If there is a decent amount of people buying from them, they don't care about a pay wall that a company puts up, what  is a 50 dollar account every day when you  make  WAY more then that in profit per day?!

What needs to happen is a IP block in my opinion. (maybe that wouldn't fully stop them) But, IDK, I don't see them a  lot in mushin anymore, I have to block the odd one here and there, but it isn't anything insane. So, to me I think they're doing a pretty good job. A game with out bots celebrity without plastic surgery - Very rare to come by.  Anyway,  I am sure everything will be fine... One day, I don't let bots ruin the fun! If you do, fine, but "bots" is a dumb thing cause that means nearly every single game out there, you're  not going to have fun. So take things with a grain of salt, and just have fun! And maybe put some useful suggestions up, and if they don't take it oh well! there may be a reason for that!

40 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

Afaik other versions also have problems with bots. It's not just us. They werent ruined by it... but i also find it highly annoying and they have to do something against it.

But no ncsoft isnt the worst that could've happened. There is scum like gpotato and gameforge out there. Dont forget the scum. Never do.

Gameforge isn't that bad, gPotato can't really say anything about cuz I only ever played two games from them (one didn't even last long with them when an international server released). 

If you really want THE WORSE of all publishers... Aeria Games brah. Get banned for beating a GM in PvP (: 

57 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

Some people don't understand "behind the scenes" work unfortunately. 

Some people apparently have no idea about working in the industry. You don't "work behind the scene" and let everybody in the dark about what you are doing. In my job I have to report weekly about what I have done and what I'm going to do the next week (to multiple bosses).

Right now, NCsoft just acts all high and mighty. Even if they would "work behind the scenes", the stakeholders/customers/target group gets an update of the progress (I don't even request milestones or a timeline), but you can't just "pretend to work". Whoever is employed should try to tell their line manager/boss "Hey boss, I'm going to work on this, so don't ask me or expect status updates. I'll come again if I have something". You'll just be fired. 

So why do you people trust in NCsoft?

10 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Some people apparently have no idea about working in the industry. You don't "work behind the scene" and let everybody in the dark about what you are doing. In my job I have to report weekly about what I have done and what I'm going to do the next week (to multiple bosses).

Right now, NCsoft just acts all high and mighty. Even if they would "work behind the scenes", the stakeholders/customers/target group gets an update of the progress (I don't even request milestones or a timeline), but you can't just "pretend to work". Whoever is employed should try to tell their line manager/boss "Hey boss, I'm going to work on this, so don't ask me or expect status updates. I'll come again if I have something". You'll just be fired. 

So why do you people trust in NCsoft?

you are saying that the employee of NCsoft are working exactly like that? They "pretend to work" just because they don´t tell you what they are doing? xD

How will you know what these employee have to report to their Boss? ^^

Lets see,

Aion EU, not run by ncsoft. They have lower community, a lot of eu players prefer the high ping and play on NA. Why? because they treat us better.

What else do we have? Webzen? 

1. They have bots
  2. They have gold spammers
  3. They have the worst support
  4. Players get hacked in masses (not because of player stupidity, i can elaborate on that)
  5. They take ages to fix things up. If they do it.
  6. They are bad.

Perfectworld or arcgames as they are called now?

1. Every game they have is pay to win. You need to enchant your equipment? Don't do it unless you get something from the store and make it safer/unbreakable on fail.
  2. Gold spammers? Hell yeah! 
  3. Bots? Well most games they have has a bot included. Not gonna need that...

Nexon? Cant say much about them ... heard bad things but know nothing.

aeria games? You send games there to die...

Elsword, A.v.a, S4 league, Ragnarok 2. All good games when released, ruined by a greedy company with bad servers and support.

What other company you know? Better than this? Riot? They only publish  games they develop.

Same for Grinding Gear Games, Hi-Rez or who knows what company that is decent enough...

I'm out of publishers that i can think of. I can tell you this, i want ncsoft more than all the publishers i listed... At least games get updated have some support and servers are not half bad. Also, not pay 2 win as other company

1 hour ago, Irieatris said:

So now you are swapping the topic of "not dealing with bots" with "NCSoft has a crappy reputation". Why do I have the impression that what you wanna do here is just trying to make the company look bad no matter what? Like seriously just quit the complains already, sure NCSoft is not the perfect gaming company, but so far i can tell you that there's way worse companies arround the market, which I dont really would like to mention but for example Gameforge, or others.

For make it simple, if you dont like how the stuff is in the game, either quit it or swallow the complains, cause seriously what you are trying to do here is just (at least at my eyes, maybe i can be mistaken) trashtalk about the company, only cause you dont like how they are doing it. Let me ask you something, are you working on their company? are you at their office for know what they are doing or what they are not doing for prevent for example the bots, lags on servers, etc? I dont think so, so here's an advice, instead of complaining or just wanting to show how bad NCSoft is, try to do some more constructive feedback, like for example that marketplace thing. I'm pretty sure that even if they dont answer the threads with some feedback, they probably appreciate it and consider it as an option (if its a proper suggestion, not stuff like: lets make all the costumes free, and stuff like that). So seriously, I dont have anything against you, but instead of crying about the company, help them to improve.

And trust me what I'm telling you here to you, it does apply to a lot of people in the forum. Just be patient ffs.

Archived