The FPS drop topic

Balu07

Nothing really to explain here, a lot of you know or seen or think about it : 

FPS drops from stable good or excellent to 12 ish at worse when PvP ing or dooing terrors or anything with more then 10 player.  And we know it as well, that this game in unplayable with less then 20fps especially since the fight is with a boss that needs more then 10 player...so it generally 1 shots if you miss some skills or react a few sec later. It ruins the whole gameplay experiance of end content. 

To get more specific and personal. My opinion is that it might be connection problem more then pc harware problem.

Why did i get to this conclusion? 

First off, when you get every option to the possible minimum, and even drop resolution, and the fps still drops, even if you actually dont see any effects, shadows, textures or even turn of actually other players shown, and the pc is barely calculating anything on graphical side the fps still drops the same way.  Sure it does calculate dmg and stuff, but the real problem might be that it cant transfer what is happening (even what we dont see) to server or the server to us. The strange is that even with 40 ms you et the same fps drop...trough i personally felt it to be better then when i had 60-70 ish , by 10-15 fps actually.

Another thing. I hardly doubth that its the pc itself. If it would be just me, then ok, my pc is messed up or smt, i didnt tune in something, or the game is just not attuned to this spec (like Tera working better with intel) But my Guild leader has it, my friends actually even chashes he drops so much fps he cant even play. And a lot other players i talked to ingame, and on Faction channel.

Even so, I have the following spec considering Dxdiag, only so that you can compare (by no means is my pc awesome...but it should be more then fine) : 

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

ASRock 990Fx Extreme3

AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor            (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

16384 (16GByte) MB RAM (DDR 3 2195.2MHz considering CPU-Z)

DirectX 11

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 -1024MB (GDDR5-405MHz) (Core Clock : 135MHz)

Driver Version: 10.18.13.5906

So my question is : What is your experiance with this. What your opinion is on this and most importantly what you think solution there is to this? If there is any at all.

If you do suggest, to improve pc, do suggest a full spec please.

The game is pretty old. It really isn't optimized well for current software. The problem isn't the hardware for the most part, its software conflict. Whether it be your OS, other programs, or drivers causing issues. I have noticed that I experience less fps drops on Windows 7 Ultimate as opposed to Windows 10 Pro, but thats just my personal experience.

Archived