Summoner Pet Grapple

Anjiru

I'm a Sin.

Can someone who mains a summoner in higher tiers explain to me how the hell your pet keeps grappling without CC? I've asked people in my guild as well as looked at my own summoners spells and there is literally nothing that allows you to do this and I'm sick of it costing me a match.

I will be running away to make distance between me and the summoner to take advantage of their pet, and right when I'm about to Q stealth the pet grapples me to the ground out of nowhere and proceeds to *cricket* on my face and I can't use Tab. Seriously. You won't let me use my only escape to your grapple, AFTER you grapple without the pre-req to do so.

I have absolutely no problem facing a summoner. I do however have a problem when they are essentially breaking their skills while also causing me to be unable to escape. This is a problem. 

Well 2 points on TAB and the thing about grab, well it is very bugged when it comes to sins. Because when you use counter and get grappled by cat, the TAB is greyd out even if it is not on cd. And a lot of summoners even abuse that bug vs sins, so sins are actually on down side by the game itself when it comes to summoners.

1 hour ago, Anjiru said:

I'm a Sin.

how the hell your pet keeps grappling without CC?

Im not maining a sum but cat don't need to cc you for Pin.

If you use defensive skills the cat can pin you (Like mobs who use their shield to block)

It is a known bug that when the cat grapples you tab escape will be greyed out and you can't escape at all. (i have put 3 points into my tab). It usually happens 9/10 when the cat grabs you while you use decoy.

please don't say stuff like its intended whatnot since i have already tested my summoner against my sister's BM she was able to get out. and about disable defence Sin's venom swarm also disable defence for 8 seconds but people can still use tab to escape. it would be very OP if people can't use tab escape after being hit by it

BqFGZMl.jpg

2 hours ago, Alison said:

Im not maining a sum but cat don't need to cc you for Pin.

If you use defensive skills the cat can pin you (Like mobs who use their shield to block)

2 hours ago, nvmvoidrays said:

Power Pounce also works on enemies defending. iirc, in-game, it says blocking/countering.

that said, i do know there's an issue with Assassins being unable to use their trinket escape during certain situations. it sucks for you guys. :|

Thank you for these answers, I was under the impression the cat needed to CC to pin. As for the escape being a bug, that makes more sense.

45 minutes ago, Inmortalibus said:

Specc your *cricket*ing escape dude, so you can escape from grapple LOOL, much brain there. Put 2 points on escape vs summoners and you would be ok.

Power Pounce with 2 skill points can lock escapes (including tab). Be more careful about calling other people dumb, you're not very smart yourself.

30 minutes ago, Anjiru said:

It's the fact that the summoner is grapping without CC'ing me first while disallowing my escape so I can't use it regardless of my spec. 

You were defending. Decoy can be pounced.

You were probably also fighting a Summoner who predicts your movements and has really good reaction time, coz he did this before the cat triggered Decoy.

3 minutes ago, Vexe said:

Power Pounce with 2 skill points can lock escapes (including tab). Be more careful about calling other people dumb, you're not very smart yourself.

No it doesn't. stop posting nonsense please. i assume you only play Summoner? I can't believe you seriously think it's intended that they can disable Tab escape. Would have won every World Championship if they could.

Just now, Vexe said:

You were defending. Decoy can be pounced.

I'm aware of this now. As for the disabling tab aspect that seems to be false for any class other than assassin according to the people above.

7 minutes ago, Vexe said:

Power Pounce can be specced to disable defensive abilities such as Seed Shroud, etc., but the trinket (tab) escape is supposed to be impossible to disable.

5 minutes ago, Anjiru said:

I'm aware of this now. As for the disabling tab aspect that seems to be false for any class other than assassin according to the people above.

i actually found the topic: bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/161523-summoner-can-cancel-tab-escape/

there was also a similar topic on reddit, but i can't seem to find it, but it was basically the same thing.

Using OTHER defense disabling skills as proof is silly. It proves nothing.

Many Summoner skill point descriptions are WRONG and need to be retranslated. This is a fact. There can be many explanations for what is happening right now.

a) Power Pounce is bugged and can't be escaped from sometimes (affects Assassins and maybe Blade Dancers. Maybe it affects others and the bug happens only under some conditions?)

b) The skill is meant to say "Disables evasion skills", or "Disables evasion and defense skills" and it currently saying "Disables defense" is wrong.  It's also bugged and doesn't work 100% of the time. (if what others said about escaping from it was true)

c) The escape of the affected class is bugged or excludes Power Pounce (e.g. Power Pounce is not a "Phantom Grip")

Until we have a confirmation from NCsoft (or Korean skill descriptions & patch notes) all we can do is inform people about Power Pounce and its effects/bugs.

EDIT:

16 minutes ago, nvmvoidrays said:

i actually found the topic: bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/161523-summoner-can-cancel-tab-escape/

That's interesting. Thanks for posting this.

11 minutes ago, Anjiru said:

This just raises the question of why hasn't it been fixed yet.

NCsoft doesn't care about us, that's why. That's exactly why Summoners are so powerful right now, afaih

The Pounce doesn't apply the effect right away, cat grabbles you first. And it doesn't add the defensive malus right away.

It happens after a short time when the cat scratches you. Then you will see the debuff (Which can knock you down after 10 seconds for 1 or 2 free play times, if skilled properly)

And yes it is bugged sometimes. Nothing we can do about it.

EDIT

On that screenshot the pounce was already over. If the cat start to scratch you are done, no escapes.

After the scratch the cat will take off of you.

Ive seen 8 seconds for the debuff thats 4 seconds after the grapple. (1 second left on knockdown)

You need to tab-escape right at the start. Once the cat pin-scratches you it's over.

23 minutes ago, Vexe said:

Using OTHER defense disabling skills as proof is silly. It proves nothing.

Its clearly a bug, because sometimes tab is greyed out sometimes not.

Escaping is not a defense skill, your not defending your escaping

Block is an defending skill.

1 minute ago, Waynedetta said:

Its clearly a bug, because sometimes tab is greyed out sometimes not.

Escaping is not a defense skill, your not defending your escaping

Block is an defending skill.

Read my post next time, thanks.

Ok, i just briefly glanced at the answers, and alot of people seems confused. It´s simple really:

Requirements

cond-iconTarget Stunned, Dazed, Knockdown, Unconscious

Power Pounce Tier 4 Form 1

tooltip-icon

Grapples enemies for 5 sec

Disables Defense for 10 sec

Decreases Defense by 50% for 10 sec

Knockdown enemies for 2 sec after 10 sec

Breaks Defense

That´s basically it. If your enemy has the required condition, and if your cat is within range. You can trigger the Power Pounce Tier 4 form 1. Disables defence for 10 sec if pounce is successful. This is the summoners strongest cc. If you are caught in it- it´s basically the same as being caught in a destroyers red-spin, a kfm multicombo, lbm air-combo etc etc.

You want to avoid this at all cost, if a summoner gets you down, say goodbye to a good portion of your hp as sunflowers will be raining down like an episode of One Piece.

38 minutes ago, Vexe said:

^you forgot a bunch of requirements.

As for pounce's escape locking, that really does seem to be a bug.

I am more inclined to think its a translation error.

Saing it disables defence for 10 sec followed with a 50% defence decrease for 10 sec.

I am pretty sure its meant that it´s disables escapes for 10 seconds and decreases defence for 50% for 10 sec.

After all, its the no1 summoner cc, and its highly unlikely that a game that has been played competitively in Korea for years hadn´t patched it, if it indeed was a bug.

6 minutes ago, Victorion said:

After all, its the no1 summoner cc, and its highly unlikely that a game that has been played competitively in Korea for years hadn´t patched it, if it indeed was a bug.

EU/US are not up-to-date with Korea and NCsoft is dumb about picking which things to implement first.

And the one explaining the bug in the other topic mentioned the bug happening with bosses in Yeti (content that doesn't exist in US/EU)

Honestly I don´t want to pretend I know if its a bug or not.

I am inclined to believe it´s not a bug because:

1) The skill description makes no sense, if you at the same time have defence disabled, and 50% defence decrease. It makes alot more sense that the first "defence" should be translated as escape. This is also more logical, when thinking of the animation of the cat too. First you are knocked down, then the cat mounts you. Basically a double cc, that shouldn´t be so easy to escape.

2) Watching one of Jaesungs matches. He got pinned down the cat, and he instantly replied "no, no, nooo don´t do that". As if he already knew, that it was inescapable at this point. He didn´t act surprised or frustrated like one could be, if encountering a known bug.

3) Removing this skill from Summoner, would really weaken it. Like by alot, especially on higher ranked matchups, where people are fast enough to hit every escape and experienced enough to reserve an escape for this.

14 minutes ago, Victorion said:

I am inclined to believe it´s not a bug because:

1) Actually, from what I understood the bug is that if the Assassin uses Decoy and the Summoner to quick enough to anti-defense grapple him, the tab won't work. It's not a double CC, because it counters defense and can be used immediately after any CC make the victim vulnerable.

3) Not really. People are already fast enough to escape before I pin them. I can survive with Seed Shroud till the next grapple if necessary.

Jaesung knew what would happen, so he screamed... "noooo"

I also know what would happen as well, so I would scream, "nooooo" as well.

But that doesn't mean it's not a bug.... or at least, an "accepted" bug.

Because the game doesn't say anything in the description that makes it inescapable.

The defense disabled means for 10s from the point of grapple, your defense is disabled for 10s.

The knockdown happens after 10s. Which is really funny.

Archived