Bots - Fight fire with .... with what?

Nezakhan

Hi!

During my search for solutions to the 100-0 botter nonsense, I started to see the ongoing trend. It seems as though the solutions aren't far from the dishonorable methods used. I think a direct reflection of this indicates that Blade and Soul could not be considered an e-sport as it is toted. There must be some way to generate more support against this kind of thing. 

Does anybody have any idea about any other solution that isn't fighting fire with fire? Feel free to post "Nope." if you can't think of anything. Myself, I would also state "Nope."

Haven't paid the bots any mind until a swarm of them were KSing faction daily mobs. As far as I know, the only way to fight them is the only way ncsoft has given us.... the ingame report. Which is really stupid because I've seen bots in clusters of a dozen or more. They really think we'll be able to sort out 50 or so names easily and report them all in a reasonable amount of time? Yeah didn't think so.

there is an easy way to get rid of the bots... but the nc staff will refuse my idea anyway.

The best way to get rid of bots is this.

Give "power" to 10 people ... give them admins ... set up interviews ..  and get a staff made out of players.

People will do this for free.. and tell them to track down the damn bots and ban them on the spot after they can confirm that they are indeed bots ... or simpler .. do it like Aion and Lineage ( sry wow fans.. I have no idea what they did ) and make a box outside the maps were normal players could never reach ..and "JAIL" and just leave them there... they will either try to push in the wall confirming the bot.. or from "moving" just stoping and doing nothing.. again.. bip bip bip bot detected.. and BAN.

This is an insane and easy fix... people will do it for FREE.. and even if they dont.. the ncstaff .. can just give out something.. like caracter max lvl... stuff like that to keep them motivated..

Why are free admins a thing on private servers but not on official games ?

Why are admins not here to make events ? like maybe H&S .. or duel or stuff like that .

I think that this would be a great idea.. and the admins would do there job... and if let's say someone gets banned for no good reason.. he can just request the unban.. but a bot wont .. and even if an admin would "abuse" power... it would be a fast fix.. as the community would inform the staff very fast...  But .. this is a very low chance for an admin to loose focus if he would get something in return.

I see no reason why this would not be fix.

I've seen pics with packs of bots... think about it .. all of them would get banned or jailed in 2 steps that would take less then 1 minute.

3 hours ago, Nezakhan said:

I've played NCSoft games before, all the way back to Lineage 2. I can't "unknow" my experience with a great many things from a history of NCSoft titles.

Well, then 1 question. I'm curious, since this much experience with a company has value. Did you find something very well done in that huge experience of yours, i mean, by Ncsoft? Of course, there are things, that are poorly done and well done in every game of any company. Which good things made you think "Nice! Good job, keep it up".

This is my very first game in NcSoft, want to know about it's record more (heard it's awful, but i think otherwise. ) :)

Fight Fire with... Gasoline !

Bots farmed fabric, that;s why they removed fabric salvage from dropped costume and made salvage only possible for cash shop item. 

Now Bots farm soulstone. remove soulstone reward from Faction PVE and Arena. Sell them in store.

Archived