So I just found this, after reading the comments:

Random dude:

" is it worth to play warlock after this nerf? lemme know pls "

Keanu Reeves:

" Casual PVP Yes, Competitive PVP No(...)"

Random Doode:

"competetive in the sense of? :o  "

Neo:

" competitive pvp in the sense of trying to participate in PVP tournaments or getting in the top 10 in rankings "

---

Also another dude before:

" .i play in china server Warlock is the weakest class there at the moment,people have no idea what they are doing can win against warlock,hell even that class soul fighter is in the top ladder gj Tencent nice balance "

---

Constantine also said this:

" they also reduced the RB damage quite a bit, also the HP drain got completely removed which kinda of made it hard to solo pve content "

yes, it made it hard to solo content, which means you have to go do group stuff and pay ppl while summoners do it solo and get all the loot!

---

Going even fruther in the Comments.

Keanu:

" If they want players to actually pvp with the class, they have to buff it. Last season in Korea ended with 0 warlocks in the top 100 highest was rated warlock was 2000 while top 100 reached up to 2200 "

It is save to say, they pretty much destroyed the class for PvP.

---

AND TO BRING IT HOME TO YOUR FOTM HEADS:

" I would recommend playing summoner if your ping is that high, as the lag won't affect your pet as much as it affects you and also you have less skills to use with the summoner in the rotation. The warlock's pet is quite useless in pve for anything other than the main buff which is on a 3min cd. and there is so many skills that you will have to spam with the warlock which makes the rotation quite hard on high ping players. "

You have high ping and think WL will give you freelo? NO!

You want an easy class with no buttons? NO!

What did I read there? "hard rotation"!

---

For all of you FOTM players thinking your arena dreams will come true on WL release, Warlock will be the weakest. Just stay away alright? You won't get your arena games gifted, the class is destroyed, no freelo here, nada, nothing. All that OPness you heared is already nerfed and we are getting the nerfed version aswel. Let me repeat, you are going to get rekt even harder, no freelo for you, the way to the summoner is this way gentleman --->

KFM has won a tournament somewhere, maybe you want to roll a KFM.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, hikariinu124 said:

nice bait.

Its not a bait.  This is the reality of the WL class now in ALL REGIONS.  If players in NA wish to do well in PVP I suggest you pick another class as WL is worst than bottom tier.  However if you want to do PVE feel free to continue.  The OP was trying to let everybody know that WL is not the same as last year before the December balance patch.  True fact: Right after the 2015 finals last year, the developers straight away nerfed the class to the ground and released the patch within weeks.  I have been playing on JP and Taiwan servers and personally even at lvl 50 with hongmoon skills the class is weak and now NA is getting it at 45 with lesser skill points and no hongmoon skills.  

The reason why a few players are trying to let the community know about this nerf is to help them to be prepared ahead of time and not be like "OMG THIS CLASS IS SO WEAK, PLS BUFF WARLOCK NCSOFT in pvp".

as a WL player :

WL is OP in PvE i can make it raining dragons on boss, take out a huge crowd of mobs without losing much HP

however , PvP is bad for WL , yeah , they can burn a huge hp out of enemy if : none disable them ...

srew up your combo = a dead WL ...

got stunned = a dead WL

the fight take too long = a dead WL

yeah , it might be abit favor against SUM because Thrall gonna messes up the cat that give you time kill the owner ... 

you alway can kill their cat in less of half minute when your Thrall is somewhat spammable 

7 minutes ago, EvaRench said:

as a WL player :

WL is OP in PvE i can make it raining dragons on boss, take out a huge crowd of mobs without losing much HP

however , PvP is bad for WL , yeah , they can burn a huge hp out of enemy if : none disable them ...

srew up your combo = a dead WL ...

got stunned = a dead WL

the fight take too long = a dead WL

yeah , it might be abit favor against SUM because Thrall gonna messes up the cat that give you time kill the owner ... 

you alway can kill their cat in less of half minute when your Thrall is somewhat spammable 

Can you efficiently solo "important money making content" the way a summoner can?

As an example, a summoner can end Brightstone in like 10 minutes right now. Getting the 30g recipe, getting tears. Can a warlock do important future content efficiently? If there is a dungeon with a pretty good drop, can a WL do that solo? There are dungeons summoners can do solo bcause the Cat can tank. Give us some insight, since I really dislike the idea of beeing bottom tier in PvP without having something making up for it in PvE. The money has to come somewhere, getting zen beans in PvP seems like a WL will bleed for that.

Just now, mihwK said:

Can you efficiently solo "important money making content" the way a summoner can?

As an example, a summoner can end Brightstone in like 10 minutes right now. Getting the 30g recipe, getting tears. Can a warlock do important future content efficiently? If there is a dungeon with a pretty good drop, can a WL do that solo? There are dungeons summoners can do solo bcause the Cat can tank. Give us some insight, since I really dislike the idea of beeing bottom tier in PvP without having something making up for it in PvE. The money has to come somewhere, getting zen beans in PvP seems like a WL will bleed for that.

You can solo most dungeons with a proper life leech build and enough gear.  I do not know how fast i farmed with my wl but it should be slightly faster than a summoner.

8 minutes ago, Rhokdelar180 said:

You can solo most dungeons with a proper life leech build and enough gear.  I do not know how fast i farmed with my wl but it should be slightly faster than a summoner.

If not a single asian player managed to get into top100 with a WL, we just have to be realistic, there must have been amazing WL players and even they didn't manage to do it. The PVE power has to make up for lack of viablity in PvP.

I mean think about it, NOT A SINGLE WL player managed to get 2100, not a SINGLE ONE managed to get diamond... this is not a l2p issue!

Just now, mihwK said:

If not a single Korean player managed to get into top100 with a WL, we just have to be realistic. The PVE power has to make up for lack of viablity in PvP. Sounds good, atleast they didn't destroy them in PvE.

Yeah wl is more of pve class now, previously they were good at pve and pvp.

11 minutes ago, Sync said:

So can someone please explain why we should listen to this guy? I saw the silver/gold medal and instantly stopped the video.

Bcause he plays the class for longer? Look at his guides?

Also if you didn't start the video, saw the silver and left, you would have seen that he indeed was simply ranking up with a new one. Everyone can get gold, even with a bad class, he doesn't drop a single game either, still the class is nerfed to shreds:

The highest WL was 2000, not even 2100, while Top100 was 2200, this is a fact, nothing to do with the rating of a player.

But Sync, I think the FOTM is strong in you, you better inform yourself pretty well if you want some freelo. Specially the ones who think they won't have to work for their rating are going to scream. If these asian who already had massive experience playing the class can't get to diamond, how much chance do you give players who have to learn how to play the class? Given that none of them managed to get diamond, it simply implys the nerf was so hard even learning the class won't push you to diamond. Which means this class is the worst choice for ppl hoping to have a more easy time than they do now. And we all know they are there, waiting for the WL to release, so they can be like "huehuehue no more summoners, I'm the King now". Until they realize, this time, not only are they going to get rekt by playing bad, they will also get rekt bcause the balancing of the class is bad.

I don't need FOTM. I'm in the top 25 for my class. I clearly know how to play it.

This guy probably isn't even top 200 for his class. How long you played the class has no clout if you can't back it up with performance.

Am I saying he's wrong? No, but he'd have more credibility if he were a better warlock.

EDIT: In case there was a misunderstanding, I could care less about overall rank. That's obviously going to be saturated with FOTM (in this case, summoner). Your class ranking truly tells your skill with that particular class.

ugh people like you are SOOOO annoying, if i wanna play WL il play WL i dont care what you say, or how bad people say WL is blalbla, so many more patches to come, if hes that weak he will receive buffs, why are people so obsessed with others playing WL?  no one is asking you to main it, go play your own class then and mind your own businesss, also free wins for you in arena right?

True story #annoyed.

7 minutes ago, Ambition said:

ugh people like you are SOOOO annoying, if i wanna play WL il play WL i dont care what you say, or how bad people say WL is blalbla, so many more patches to come, if hes that weak he will receive buffs, why are people so obsessed with others playing WL?  no one is asking you to main it, go play your own class then and mind your own businesss, also free wins for you in arena right?

True story #annoyed.

And yet, you will be the first one crying about how weak the class is. There are countless players who plan on rolling WL with the sole reason bcause they think the class is strong and will faceroll for them. I just can't stand them skilled players getting their freelo dreams crushed :*(

And Amibition, no one gives a fk about you either, this in fact is #truestory

All that, I do what I want to do, I'm alpha, go to bed kid, you are worthless. Don't forget to drink some milk!

1 minute ago, mihwK said:

And yet, you will be the first one crying about how weak the class is. There are countless players who plan on rolling WL with the sole reason bcause they think the class is strong and will faceroll for them.

You know nothing about me, or my reasons as to why i will main WL, i don't even pvp, but goodjob on the ''inside info'' il be the first one crying, mayb you should reread my post or did you miss the part where i said if he is that bad he will receive buffs? the latest nerfhammer hit was only 2 months ago if hes really underpowerd expect a big boost in a month or 2/3 after they realized they hit him too hard (BM's anyone?), guess whos laughing then? ;-)

Your whiny thread only implies that you play the class you play cause hes strong is that correct?  that actually make you one of those ''countless players'' goodjob that irony though. 

I will have fun with my WL ^-^ thanks for the concern.

25 minutes ago, Sync said:

I don't need FOTM. I'm in the top 25 for my class. I clearly know how to play it.

This guy probably isn't even top 200 for his class. How long you played the class has no clout if you can't back it up with performance.

Am I saying he's wrong? No, but he'd have more credibility if he were a better warlock.

My nickname is Nadwah, I am the first Warlock to Achieve the Diamond Rank in Blade and Soul Japan on the Japanese server

Yeah, he has nothing to back it up. He must be a bad Warlock who has no idea what he's talking about. Given the WL was really strong(not nerfed) when he got to Diamond obvsly. The same mistake you already did with the Video, drawing conclusions out of nowhere based on nothing without trying to actually inform yourself, he was #1, not a #25 bad like some other people.

I'm pretty confident he has the experience to make statements like that, and I do belieber him. Just out of curiosity, you top25 player with a mindset like that, can you show us? It took you 5 seconds to judge a guy (who's clearly better than you) as a below #200 player, even tho he was #1.

54 minutes ago, mihwK said:

at NA level or TW level ?

at NA level , there is no way WL can be better than SUM , they need the Tier 5 Dragoncall (not showing in video because deathhand is better for pvp) to become nightmare...

a full 45+5 might be better than SUM because they have enough skill points to do some combos gain orb with less pain and deal better damage

at TW level ? 

lets see , the scarest thing i can do with my WL in pve (50+1):

Cast ~ 7x2 Dragoncalls in less than 20 seconds , ~17k crit damage each (ofcourse , luck play it part here) 

2mins cooldown

2x2 dragoncalls every 30 seconds or less

ice spike likely 2 or 3 seconds each attack

two WL can kill 4 players Poh in less than 20 seconds 

7 minutes ago, EvaRench said:

at NA level or TW level ?

at NA level , there is no way WL can be better than SUM , they need the Tier 5 Dragoncall (not showing in video because deathhand is better for pvp) to become nightmare...

a full 45+5 might be better than SUM because they have enough skill points to do some combos gain orb with less pain and deal better damage

at TW level ? 

lets see , the scarest thing i can do with my WL in pve (50+1):

Cast ~ 7x2 Dragoncalls in less than 20 seconds , ~17k crit damage each (ofcourse , luck play it part here) 

2mins cooldown

2x2 dragoncalls every 30 seconds or less

ice spike likely 2 or 3 seconds each attack

two WL can kill 4 players Poh in less than 20 seconds 

Isn't Poh 45 content tho? As a 50 I would rather like to be able to farm 50 content others can't, that's kinda what I'm looking for.

I want to be able to solo stuff other classes can't, so I can get the loot without having to particiapte in a bidding war, except for summoner I guess, the Cat as a tank is simply sexy. This way I also don't have to share it with a party, I'd like to be efficient on my own :x

I started as a BD and rolled a summoner for the sole reason to run Brightstone faster on my own. And I didn't regret that decision to this day, I made more gold for my upgrades which I wouldn't have been able to with my BD. I haven't touched party play the second I could do Brightstone efficiently solo.

The BSH books are an example right now, I just don't want to give some kid 500g for a skill book... I rather farm the dungeon for days on my own, but then get to keep the book if it drops. Sadly you can't solo it right now with anything, but that's the way I choose my class. If the Warlock can do that I will re-roll again, the gameplay of the Summoner is kinda meh.

bad news ... the WL BSH skill is not completed, or they must change to make it completed ... even if you have the book , you must dragoncalls some not up yet bosses(Yeti and his friends) 10 times each ...

and WL can solo most of blue dungeon i think ...

i soloed tainted lab at 47 but they said that the dungeon is too easy to solo lol

Archived