Effort is not Rewarded

Wickity

For the past week my guild members and I have been running what should apparently be the current end game content - the 4 man dungeon versions of Blackram Supply Chain and Bloodshade harbor. It was a fun experience due to the difficulty as well as the learning curve and we noticed our runs improving by each next one. And while we were having loads of fun actually traversing through the dungeon, the completion of said stated would almost always be close to depressing...Why? Well we didn't feel that the effort we had put in was in any way properly rewarded. A moonwater chest, a single pirate weapon and 1 Machismo is basically what more then half of our completion rewards consisted of. When comparing this to the 6 man and 24man version, it easily ends up being the worst of the 3, not even having a daily quest connected to it. And thus the question we keep asking ourselves is, why keep running it? For the moonwater technique? For the costume? Both of which have such atrocious drop rates that it comes easier never to hope for one, for you might get severely disappointed. I myself do not understand the need to lock pve-relevant skills behind such an amazing rng wall, tho I can still manage to get over it due to the fact that those skills will probably be easily obtainable somewhere down the line.

Bottom line is: Testing yourself and your class in a game such as this is highly entertaining. Be it the highest floors of Mushins tower or either of the 4man dungeon versions. Such challenges drive us to further the knowledge of our class, adapt to various types of opponents and their abilities, as well as to work better as a part of a well functioning team which relies on the synergy of its members to overcome a certain obstacle. None of these feats are currently rewarded as they should be. Rather, they are almost laughed at. This all together gives an individual a distinct feeling of not caring to return to such places, for the pride of completion has already been acquired, and there is little else to be had besides that.

I implore you in this way to reconsider the rewards given for end game content. It does not need to be leaps above the casual content, but it should be sufficient enough to entice players to keep coming back to such places. As it stands now, it does not.

Well i would say its not 100% rng, its RNG with a bid system which honestly i would prefer more RNG in it to rid the bid system. I haven't noticed the drop rates being too bad maybe cause im used to stupidly low drops rates and not really grinding out one thing on bns. I mean if everything dropped on ur first run what incentive do you have to do the dungs other then dailies right? So as long as they're not the 0.00000001% chances im used to then its fine

2 hours ago, Permeator said:

What I wanna understand is that why BM's skill costs almost 6x times as much as other class' HM skills? Like..I checked last night and they were at 750g with one being sold at a max of 777g.

Because its the best one

15 hours ago, Permeator said:

What I wanna understand is that why BM's skill costs almost 6x times as much as other class' HM skills? Like..I checked last night and they were at 750g with one being sold at a max of 777g.

1) It`s actually usable skill
2) BM is most played class

3) People buy it for that price.

Archived