Kick is abusive? Leeching gets more and more popular

SomeOneWasHere

Well, since we have lots of people just leeching on every bloody dungeon, when will NCSoft deliver some kick or penalty opportunities to the NCWest so we can handle those rude AFK leecher every day?

I am simply sick of this bs.

A lv 45 gets in, stays stupidly at the entrance and keeps leeching from there. A lv 20 gets into my dungeons (lv 30+) and keeps leeching after the daily dungeon trigger area.

Kick is abusive? The leeching itself got selfish, egoistically and pretty rude. Give us this option already!

Here an example form:

M0Vhn2l.jpg

To be fair to the devs, if they're going to take the time to actually write code, implementing a kick function isn't what I'd suggest they spend their time doing.  Better to actually address this particular problem requiring a kick.

1. Implement functionality where you have to contribute some % of damage to boss to get credit for the kill.

2. Implement an airlock or something before the boss so overleveled impatient people can't just race ahead of everybody and solo the boss leaving everybody else stuck not getting credit.

Or somesuch.

Just now, dragoaskani said:

um, there is a kick feature that was added. Righ click them, select more, select vote to kick, ask rest of party to do so as well...

bitching about features already in game, brilliant....

It's not right-clicking; it's left-clicking, and it only works if they're offline.  Geez.

3 minutes ago, dragoaskani said:

um, there is a kick feature that was added. Righ click them, select more, select vote to kick, ask rest of party to do so as well...

bitching about features already in game, brilliant....

2 minutes ago, rocdog said:

It's not right-clicking; it's left-clicking, and it only works if they're offline.  Geez.

Right clicking works too tho.

Still he's wrong, and trying to make the others look dumb when he's the one being it.  In cross servers the kick funcionality only works on offline people, outside it works on everyone tho.

Of course people in this thread are talking about cross server problems since they're saying they cant kick.

3 minutes ago, rocdog said:

Interesting, haven't dealt with an offline player, but I guess it sort of makes sense, less likely to be abused if it's restricted to offline players.  I do know that in order to report them as bots you have to target them via the esc->click on name.  You can't do it through party->click name method.  Some of them have gotten wise to that, and now wait quite a while before zoning in.  I'd assume they figure the party will have gotten far enough in by that point that they won't waste time running back to report.

(Note:  I did encounter a bot that most have glitched out or something.  It quit out of the party while the bidding for the tears was still ongoing.  (IIRC we did report it though, so I guess it's also possible it was banned by a GM while we were running the dungeon?))

In lowbie dungeons, especially that one because it's just mindrot and you need to keep repeating it for your weapon drop, I could somewhat understand why people would afk there, mostly because you can do it with 3 or less people depending of the levels in there, so for the most part you're just stood about anyway.

Level 45 blue dungeons is where this issue is most annoying at, as not only are they getting the dungeon cleared, but they're also making 20silver per run by just walking into the entrance, these players are pure scumbags and need banning.

Sadly the only thing we can do is report them, leave dungeon and hope not to be placed in the same party with them, or try to outbid them. :/

just had the same problem where the afk person took off her weapon and  danced around the bosses in BSH. She didn't help kill anything but bet on everything that dropped. Hopefully this is fixed soon because its honestly BS to redo the whole dungeon and hope you don't get another afk person.

3 minutes ago, Lovelypink said:

Sadly the only thing we can do is report them, leave dungeon and hope not to be placed in the same party with them, or try to outbid them. :/

just had the same problem where the afk person took off her weapon and  danced around the bosses in BSH. She didn't help kill anything but bet on everything that dropped. Hopefully this is fixed soon because its honestly BS to redo the whole dungeon and hope you don't get another afk person.

I'd have to argue that isn't afk, that's just being a douche.  I can only assume she sucked and was trying to save weapon health.  If she happened to die she wouldn't take any weapon damage, and of course if you guys won she made money.

Was in infernal to get my SS for the day and some sin guy is racing ahead skipping all the mobs. Note that only he and I are 45 in this particular run. So I smash the mobs to help out the little guys because that's what your friendly neighborhood Lyn does after all and he says "Skip the mobs". Easy, but not so much for the uninitiated, this game is still very new for most people, you know. So of course, I blast down as many mobs as possible while he kills the door guards for the first boss, goes in and activates the boss and everybody besides him is consumed by fire. He then states "Not gonna spend all day on this. idc if you get left behind."

So on the second boss there's a brief firewall before him where you have to fight three karate chop champions who sometimes toss you into the fire with a well placed kick if you aren't careful and position your self wrong. Well, guess who got tossed into the fire as he tried to invsa-stab his way to victory? Our old speed run sin with the patience of a OCD kid who drank a gallon of coffee. So as we, the rest of the team that is, go toward the 2nd boss door, nobody decides to rez him, Though to this day I still can't possibly imagine why. Well, with team in tow, I decide to activate the second boss and then I hear soft, angelic voice say "A party member has been defeated!" Ol' sinnaroony decided to have a BBQ all by himself out side the boss door without us. Rude, right?

He says "Wtf" and as the 2nd boss breaths his last breath for god knows how many times that day, I say "Not gonna spend all day on this. idc if you get left behind."

He left the group. Which I found quite hilarious, since he would have had to do the whole thing over again.

Now the funniest part of this story is that this happened AGAIN a few days ago with a different sin. The dialogue wasn't quite the same, and the sin didn't leave, but he certainly got his just deserts because his rushing got him killed twice.

5 minutes ago, Krocodile said:

Was in infernal to get my SS for the day and some sin guy is racing ahead skipping all the mobs. Note that only he and I are 45 in this particular run. So I smash the mobs to help out the little guys because that's what your friendly neighborhood Lyn does after all and he says "Skip the mobs". Easy, but not so much for the uninitiated, this game is still very new for most people, you know. So of course, I blast down as many mobs as possible while he kills the door guards for the first boss, goes in and activates the boss and everybody besides him is consumed by fire. He then states "Not gonna spend all day on this. idc if you get left behind."

So on the second boss there's a brief firewall before him where you have to fight three karate chop champions who sometimes toss you into the fire with a well placed kick if you aren't careful and position your self wrong. Well, guess who got tossed into the fire as he tried to invsa-stab his way to victory? Our old speed run sin with the patience of a OCD kid who drank a gallon of coffee. So as we, the rest of the team that is, go toward the 2nd boss door, nobody decides to rez him, Though to this day I still can't possibly imagine why. Well, with team in tow, I decide to activate the second boss and then I hear soft, angelic voice say "A party member has been defeated!" Ol' sinnaroony decided to have a BBQ all by himself out side the boss door without us. Rude, right?

He says "Wtf" and as the 2nd boss breaths his last breath for god knows how many times that day, I say "Not gonna spend all day on this. idc if you get left behind."

He left the group. Which I found quite hilarious, since he would have had to do the whole thing over again.

Now the funniest part of this story is that this happened AGAIN a few days ago with a different sin. The dialogue wasn't quite the same, and the sin didn't leave, but he certainly got his just deserts because his rushing got him killed twice.

Very classy way, I like that !!!

It's storys like that krocodile which is why we need a kick function, a guy above made the suggestion of needing to deal x% of damage or something which would stop the free-loaders, but it wouldn't stop the imbeciles from being the biggest pain possible still.

The game needs both a kick function and deal x% of damage to the boss in order to get access to the loot bids, it confuses the hell out of me for how we can be at this day and age and still lack the most common sense functions in an MMO, BnS has the worst I've ever experienced.

7 minutes ago, Crash said:

It's storys like that krocodile which is why we need a kick function, a guy above made the suggestion of needing to deal x% of damage or something which would stop the free-loaders, but it wouldn't stop the imbeciles from being the biggest pain possible still.

The game needs both a kick function and deal x% of damage to the boss in order to get access to the loot bids, it confuses the hell out of me for how we can be at this day and age and still lack the most common sense functions in an MMO, BnS has the worst I've ever experienced.

Well, the airlock portion is for the imbeciles.  The game simply wouldn't let you rush on ahead.  Kick can (and probably will) be abused, so I tend to be loathe to suggest it when other solutions are available.

I would also like to add that I have no personal vendetta against speed runners, or Assassins, or folks who want to do things --especially daily grind things-- quickly and efficiently. The reason I got saltier than a bag of Munchos is because

1) he was very rude and arrogant with his comments and behavior. He could have handled it much differently. and...

2) he was a level 45 assassin... with lvl10 awakened Siren weapon. his need for a party in order to complete the dungeon was zero.

So in the end, he received no sympathy from me.

We should all keep in mind that BnS actually has a working kick-function. It only applies to offline members and is hidden somewhere behind 5 mouseclicks we (or: the majority of BnS players) even don't know exactly ourselves. Apparently doing a popup vote like in every other MMO was too easy.

Seems like NCsoft wants to kill the game.

43 minutes ago, Krocodile said:

Some of these stories are so amusing lol

• 8 months later...
On 2/25/2016 at 7:27 PM, Krocodile said:

Saw this the other day and did it to someone who left my friend to die in blood shade. They Dc'd JUST after the Widows died.

Ty sensei ;D

(They deserved it, rushing as a lvl 49 while HM's and 47's were doing all the work)

On 23/02/2016 at 7:51 PM, GnatB said:

1. Implement functionality where you have to contribute some % of damage to boss to get credit for the kill.

2. Implement an airlock or something before the boss so overleveled impatient people can't just race ahead of everybody and solo the boss leaving everybody else stuck not getting credit.

1- Proved to be a really bad feature in open world / 24-man areas, I don't see why it would be interesting even inside a dungeon.

2- Hmm?

Would be nice to see:

- an afk kick (like 5 minutes out of combat makes someone kickable);

- an "icy wall" like someone in the forum suggested (instead of burning people that are close to the entrance when the boss figth starts, freezes them till the boss is defeated or reset. It's WAY more friendly at the least);

- individual loot (like what you get from 24-man areas).

Also, getting rid of Ivory Scale would be superb!

• Cyan locked this topic

Archived