• Combat
  2. The bad
    • Bot trains farming ogres
    • Bots farming rich nodes
    • Bots in arenas
    • Gold sellers taking over chats
    • Gold sellers private messaging you
    • Gold sellers taking over Auction House
    • Basically doing PvE with bots, PvP against bots and buying from bots on auction house
    • All the other versions of blade and soul has much worse problems with bots and gold sellers
    • Which means NA/EU is in for a long ride and it will only get worse from here on out
    • Dead open world pvp
    • People forced into doing horribly boring lag-fest blackwyrm raids to stay relevant
    • People openly exploiting faction quests and nothing being done
    • People exploiting loot system
    • People exploiting dungeons
    • People exploiting arenas for more zen beans income
    • Faction chat taken over by a small group of people with way over the top inappropriate topics and nothing being done
    • Faction chat completely disabled by large number of people due to the above reasons
    • Poorly optimized game
    • Horrible game engine
    • Memory leak in arenas
    • People doing wrong are not penalized while people who buy ncoin gets banned
    • Zero interactions with the player-base
    • PvE content all the same
    • Daily routine of this game for majority of people is doing pve dailies, arena dailies then getting off
    • Each zone has a set number of people that can join
    • I've never seen this in any games
    • This is very sad especially since this is a MMORPG
    • Only 10% of the zones are used for end-game contents
    • Other 90% of the zones are breezed through for leveling and never returned to
    • No shared account bank, which is unheard of in an MMORPG
    • Ridiculously absurd gear progression that results in making alts an impossible task
    • Stupid tag system for pve
    • High outfit costs that cannot be shared across the characters
    • Too many portals and everything is instanced in this game

Can I add more to your good section? 

The Games Design

The Fluid Movement

The Costumes

The Cross-Server dungeon pairing system

The Support team

The Loading Screens: Very informative, though a bigger variety of them would be nice. 

Can we also have a neutral section?

Staff Response can go here

The Bad:

Old Man Cho (After he asked for that stupid Serpent bell and didn't tell me where I could find him/obtain it,... I've hated him ever since). 

Lack of information / database of items on how/where to obtain them. Official weapon upgrade paths viewable to all would be very nice.

This list. The Good should also include:

• The character creator
  • Windwalk mechanic
  • Free skill re-specialization
  • Gear (soul shield mechanic holds stats separate from appearance by design. [THANK YOU])
  • Art Style (much of the clothing is detailed, articulate and desirable.)
  • No dungeon lockout or cool-down for free to play accounts.
  • No Pay-to-Win items in the cash shop (real money exclusive experience & stat modifiers)
  • emotes: the most under appreciated feature in MMOs, my opinion. (I'd like even more of em)

Just sayin.

6 minutes ago, Tabasco said:

No Pay-to-Win items in the cash shop (real money exclusive experience & stat modifiers)

Just sayin.

No,instead you can buy gold with real money in a legit way which results in gear both in crafting and in dungeons thanks to the biding looting system.Pure p2w

Just saying

1 minute ago, Ronochi said:

No,instead you can buy gold with real money in a legit way which results in gear both in crafting and in dungeons thanks to the biding looting system.Pure p2w

Just saying

Okay. Just so long as we are still talking about the bowls of Hongmoon soup and potions,

in which case, that was one crazy segue from the topic.

1 hour ago, Fantality said:
  1. The good
    • Combat
  2. The bad
    • Bot trains farming ogres
    • Bots farming rich nodes
    • Bots in arenas
    • Gold sellers taking over chats
    • Gold sellers private messaging you
    • Gold sellers taking over Auction House
    • Basically doing PvE with bots, PvP against bots and buying from bots on auction house
    • All the other versions of blade and soul has much worse problems with bots and gold sellers
    • Which means NA/EU is in for a long ride and it will only get worse from here on out
    • Dead open world pvp
    • People forced into doing horribly boring lag-fest blackwyrm raids to stay relevant
    • People openly exploiting faction quests and nothing being done
    • People exploiting loot system
    • People exploiting dungeons
    • People exploiting arenas for more zen beans income
    • Faction chat taken over by a small group of people with way over the top inappropriate topics and nothing being done
    • Faction chat completely disabled by large number of people due to the above reasons
    • Poorly optimized game
    • Horrible game engine
    • Memory leak in arenas
    • People doing wrong are not penalized while people who buy ncoin gets banned
    • Zero interactions with the player-base
    • PvE content all the same
    • Daily routine of this game for majority of people is doing pve dailies, arena dailies then getting off
    • Each zone has a set number of people that can join
    • I've never seen this in any games
    • This is very sad especially since this is a MMORPG
    • Only 10% of the zones are used for end-game contents
    • Other 90% of the zones are breezed through for leveling and never returned to
    • No shared account bank, which is unheard of in an MMORPG
    • Ridiculously absurd gear progression that results in making alts an impossible task
    • Stupid tag system for pve
    • High outfit costs that cannot be shared across the characters
    • Too many portals and everything is instanced in this game

why you still here then ?

6 minutes ago, Tabasco said:

Okay. Just so long as we are still talking about the bowls of Hongmoon soup and potions,

in which case, that was one crazy segue from the topic.

Last time I checked,moonwater stones can be bought with gold,and thats the main thing you need to gear up.You can also skip the rng in chests by buying the brilliant keys.

so : 1 )Able to upgrade equipment with real money - check
       2) Able to obtain the dungeon soul shields with real money - check
       3) Its the best gear in the game at the moment ( you can easily do mushin for the last shields with full pirate gear and bsh shield) -check

Thats what pay to win means.

3 minutes ago, NinjaZombie said:

why you still here then ?

it is pretty easy to say that in response to negative threads, but some of the things he mentions are a legitimate pain. My only complaint is that he didn't just add to another of the plentiful threads on the same topic.

Just now, Tabasco said:

it is pretty easy to say that in response to negative threads, but some of the things he mentions are a legitimate pain. My only complaint is that he didn't just add to another of the plentiful threads on the same topic.

sorry i didn't mean it in a bad way i meant why is he still here, seems to be he doesn't like anything about the game at all, but obviously something is keeping him here :p

but yeah so many posts about the same thing, its always this forum is xD

Just now, NinjaZombie said:

sorry i didn't mean it in a bad way i meant why is he still here, seems to be he doesn't like anything about the game at all, but obviously something is keeping him here :p

but yeah so many posts about the same thing, its always this forum is xD

lol np, kinda tough for me to keep up with all of these threads.

6 minutes ago, Ronochi said:

Last time I checked,moonwater stones can be bought with gold,and thats the main thing you need to gear up.You can also skip the rng in chests by buying the brilliant keys.

so : 1 )Able to upgrade equipment with real money - check
       2) Able to obtain the dungeon soul shields with real money - check
       3) Its the best gear in the game at the moment ( you can easily do mushin for the last shields with full pirate gear and bsh shield) -check

Thats what pay to win means.

If you say so. I can kind of see the Pay-to-Win after-taste when real money is an option, but can't you acquire all of these things with in-game currency?

Honestly reminds me of Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, where all classes and weapons were available to anyone who earned enough for the packs with in-game credits, but you could also purchase them (from RNG boxes no less!) using the in-game store. Must have made some cash, because Bioware released like 7 DLC content updates for it with all sorts of things.

2 minutes ago, Tabasco said:

If you say so. I can kind of see the Pay-to-Win after-taste when real money is an option, but can't you acquire all of these things with in-game currency?

Honestly reminds me of Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, where all classes and weapons were available to anyone who earned enough for the packs with in-game credits, but you could also purchase them (from RNG boxes no less!) using the in-game store. Must have made some cash, because Bioware released like 7 DLC content updates for it with all sorts of things.

Its not that you cant obtain all of those without paying,its just extremely slow.Personally thats what I am doing of course but the design is obvious : you can either spent countless hours to get the maximum gear in a LOT of time,or you can get it instantly without a sweat.Cosmetic items I am ok with...able to skip the gearing process is bad for a game

Archived