OPEN WORLD PVP IS THE WORST THING IN THIS GAME

tonikk

On 2/29/2016 at 7:56 AM, Zerecas said:

Teach me how to Blackwyrm as a Mushin Crimson, plzzz.

Join a clan or make some friends in faction chat to do it with you. I did it with my clan last week no problem with my clan. I'm also a crimson on Mushin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand the OP and i think there are a lot of people that share the sentiment.

While some of you may enjoy the open world, and while others are insanely over geared as not to worry about eating the dirt every day trying to finish the SSP quests. There are a LOT of players that just want to get trough it as fast as possible and with any luck avoid the pvp aspect of it overall.

The single dumbest decision is to hide Soulstones (that you cant breathe without) behind open world pvp and not giving a single option to avoid it for those that dont want to fight other players. Oh i am wrong, there are those 2 soulstones that you get with tome of exiles daily, a very generous prospect am sure you all agree. Others will tell you to, well just buy your soulstones. Use your hard earned money you gathered with daily quests and give it all to have enough at the end of the week to upgrade. So my only option is to buy if i wish to have a pvp free experience. Why are players like me who dont enjoy pvp so disadvantaged and in that sense, not welcome?

Some might say, well suck it up, its a pvp oriented game its just part of it. But it really is not if we talk about open world. When you have someone with almost 800 ap on soulstone plains, a vast majority of players are really a little bit more than a simple mob to that guy, 100k+ hp, crit defense and all the other jazz. There is no contest there. Well join the dominant faction you might say. Sure, but guess what, players that can match those near 800 ap are not on the field they dont deal with that bs. Its the new players or those that dont really need that in their day that will be wiped. And yes one like that can ruin a mining phase simply because he has unbound elites on his side too, either to assist him or to hide behind to recover. Dont get me started if you wish to try to kill the opposing elder in the base for 20 soulstones, an impossible endeavor. The point is that the divide only gets greater, the top players actually get more soulstones with killing other people for prestige, so why should he stop doing it? And dont get me started if you have 2 of those near 800 ap super geared against you....

My point is that i cant at this point with good will recommend the game. I want to but what do i say? Yea sure its fun, the art style is amazing the animations are nice, the physics engine is really good, combat a lot of fun, but hey dont make a melee class. Why? Well there is those unbound elites in that one place and they are near impossible to kill for new players if they are melee, you might have a chance with ranged. Oh and make sure you have 550 ap by the time you get there, if you dont have, it will melt too fast and you wont deal enough damage. Okey. 

Please instruct me as to how to sell this game to my friends and not another mmo that i know doesnt have such blatant flaws? And this is easy to solve btw, just make the party contribute and share the overall damage dealt to the boss so all get loot regardless if the total is enough damage dealt. With this model i have no incentive to join a party aside from a buff or 2. 

It is making a toxic community, it is simply bad game design. And i would be amazed if the developer cant see that, i would seriously like to observe the brain that cant comprehend and address  these problems.

And if some of you are still smug at this point about it, then please do tell me what i dont see, i really cant find the genius behind these choices? You may discard a player base that doesnt like to pvp but good luck with that. Am sure you can have a game still without us at one point, and we will move on. People wish to have fun when they play an mmo, and if the game design is made with walls of frustrations you will not have a future on the market. You take a lot of care for your pvp community but disregard the ones that dont want to engage with it. You will keep your core pvp player but the pve centered will leave you and you dont really make an effort to attract them.

This is a game that is not for casual players, and this is what it will drag it down in the end in my opinion, if my prospects of daily progress are stalled by unmatched opposition i will lose the will to visit the game daily. And i will stop buying my premium, ill put it in another game. The community wont really keep me interested, trust me.

All these things are bad decision making on part of the developers. And i wont suggest what to do, these problems are really easy to fix and it feels patronizing if offer more suggestion.

And am looking at you Jonathan and Nicolas i know you like to read the surveys so read this too. It should be you bitching about this to Bloodlust, you know these things are discouraging the players. Push for change, and i wont praise you, i will get you more players.

Archived