OPEN WORLD PVP IS THE WORST THING IN THIS GAME

tonikk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea of OWPVP has gone downhill through the past years

Actual OWP like in the classic AIKA means the players are always in PVP mode meaning they can no matter were (except for a few safe spots)

be killed or kill someone else

Recent games call it OWPVP but the actual fact is you just take your pvp clothes on or off at anytime

This is the main reason many games with pvp fail badly due to no teamwork since there's no actual goal

AIKA had relics and other items to steal which boosted your factions exp, skills etc and you lost exp, dura each time you died

that's what OWPVP is but has been slowly changed over the years

Yes you have the choice to wear pvp gear all the time but you will rarely see anyone in a non faction based area

On 2/24/2016 at 5:16 PM, TheBestGuy said:

Ok first thing, you should fix up your grammar because I'm still not sure what you just said.

Second off, you don't need to any of the faction quest to actually get the full pve experience. They're just dallies and I didn't even do them until I was max level and had nothing else to do.

Actually yes you do need faction in order to progress your pve gear, you need to be 3 ranks in I believe just to be able to purchase your mistywoods weapon from the faction merchants to progress your true siren weapon, other option is alot of zen beans which is also obtained through pvp means (arena). You also need your mistywoods necklace in order make your Siren necklace, so you in fact do need pvp to further your pve experience. Know what you're talking about before you give people false information.

• 2 months later...

First of all this game has no open world pvp, wearing faction uniforms and killing does not make it and plus most of the servers are single faction based, this game is totally PVE single player game, dont count making the dungeons with friends still, and that 1% of pvp, if u call it pvp, you can switch channel and thats all.

Second, arena does not count as pvp, since every mmorpg game has some arena thing to do where everyone is balanced. Here game is very unbalanced, macros everywhere.

Third, its pointless spending time to get good gear when you cant use it at all, even though they put the 6v6 battleground thing, still THIS GAME HAS NO PVP AT ALL...

I stoped playin this game cuz i got very bored since every day, i mean every day, do dungeons go outside, do dungeons go outside.. bots were unbearable, and making one dungeon many times for me its very bad, since all want to play and for someone who works he/she can make it max 1-2 times a day, so the others free can make it like 10 times, get better gold, better drop so its very unbalanced. I really miss LINEAGE 2, i exclude the bots since NCSoft its bot based game and we cant do a thing, there you had Arena (Olympiad), 1 for all (ceremony), open world pvp everywhere, except safe zones like cities, clan wars, sieges EVERYTHING. For me a mmorpg without open world pvp its useless, u had flag in L2, and the PK karma system was awesome, you had to think twice before attacking a low level or you would regret it a LOT.

Anyway, BnS has grea great graphic and story but in terms of pvp and balance its 0.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2016 at 4:45 AM, DRGoodfellow said:

The idea of OWPVP has gone downhill through the past years

Actual OWP like in the classic AIKA means the players are always in PVP mode meaning they can no matter were (except for a few safe spots)

be killed or kill someone else

Recent games call it OWPVP but the actual fact is you just take your pvp clothes on or off at anytime

This is the main reason many games with pvp fail badly due to no teamwork since there's no actual goal

AIKA had relics and other items to steal which boosted your factions exp, skills etc and you lost exp, dura each time you died

that's what OWPVP is but has been slowly changed over the years

Yes you have the choice to wear pvp gear all the time but you will rarely see anyone in a non faction based area

Even in the same company they have a great OWPVP game, Lineage 2.

For start you could kill any1 anywhere, PK, you would go red and drop your items if they kill you, but you could also buy a stone that prevent this (very rare stone). This say, you could kill 100% of the players on any part of the map.

Second you have guild and alliance war, that means if you alliance was 300 people vs other 300 people, you could do war in any part of the world cause all the time you see the other guys. When i played i was in a big aliiance that farmed in x place, and our enemys in other place, some times we or them jump to the enemy zone and kill or try.

You have daily, weekly bosses that droped rare items, you go to war all the time there to get that items, cause all the alliances wanted to get those items. I remember that some times was like 1 or 2 hour war to see what alliance get inside the boss room, was insane.

And castle sieges all weekends...

BnS dont have the 5% of pvp of Lineage2. And it sucks cause its the same company and its sooooo diferent.

How i miss the pvp system of l2 :( never played any game near that.

16 minutes ago, Mastrof said:

For start you could kill any1 anywhere, PK, you would go red and drop your items if they kill you,

I'd never play a game like this. Ever. However skewed the factions are in BnS, it's totally better than losing everything you have to another player.

5 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I'd never play a game like this. Ever. However skewed the factions are in BnS, it's totally better than losing everything you have to another player.

I mean if you go and kill some1 randomly, you will go red like punishment for killing some1 that didnt attacked you. And then if someone kills you being in red mode, you will drop something unless you have that protection stone.

So isnt that bad if you think, is some kind of punishment for doing a bad thing. You dont make it that often...

4 minutes ago, Mastrof said:

I mean if you go and kill some1 randomly, you will go red like punishment for killing some1 that didnt attacked you. And then if someone kills you being in red mode, you will drop something unless you have that protection stone.

So isnt that bad if you think, is some kind of punishment for doing a bad thing. You dont make it that often...

I like the zone-specific PvP with flags. Any game that have stealth characters and perma-flagging setting is rigged.

• 2 weeks later...
On February 23, 2016 at 10:39 AM, tonikk said:

WHY ANYONE WOD PLAY THIS FU***ING S**T WHY IS THIS SYSTEM EVEN MADE WHAT IS THIS GO IN OTHER FRACTION BACE AND STAEL STONES AND IN THIS TIME ALL OTHER BRAINLESS PPL THAT DONT HAVE WHAT TO DO TRY TO KILL U EVEN IF THEY DONT WIN ANYTHING FROM IT. WHO HAVE MADE THIS WHIT WHAT BRAIN HE HAVE MADE THIS. THIS IS 

language

There are some people that love open world pvp.  I am one of them. 

I would love to see a map that is nothing but open world pvp.   I enjoy both the pve and pvp aspect of a game, and this one is actually pretty lacking in the pvp department.  Arena and Battlefields are not true pvp.  That moment when you come across another player of the opposite faction and engage.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but the Adrenalin starts pumping as you pit your skills against another live player - that's what makes it fun.  I truly believe it also teaches you how to better master your class.  I have no desire to do the new Mushin's tower where you pit your skills against yet another computer player - computers don't make mistakes that humans do, and they have instant responses.  I hate getting a bot in the arena, so I rarely do them.  

Now, I'll be the first to admit nothing can make me rage more then to get ganked by a zerg in open world.  But there is no perfect pvp and you take the good with the bad.  What I would like to see is a map specifically for this.  There could be quests that give you rewards like coins you can use to buy specific pvp skins and/or titles.  We love our skins and titles so this is a two-fold answer.  Change the skins offered often, make the titles challenging to earn, and people will always do the quests and populate the world.  The risk for engagement shouldn't cost the coins you earn, but maybe for every "x" amount of pvp kills you can get additional coins and those are what count towards specific titles.  If the titles have stats associated with it, it should be something anyone can obtain and not limited to a specific amount of players - and shouldn't be in effect outside of the pvp zone.    

The point is it shouldn't be a reward that players who chose not to PVP would suffer without being able to obtain, such as soul stones, or moonstones, or soul shields, etc.  Skins offer no advantage, but are highly desirable, and titles can be limited to that world - so its a very nice reward that wouldn't affect non-pvp'ers.  The world could offer different levels of pvp zones based on number of kills.  So one area could be for those just beginning to explore the pvp world, without advancing into the main portions of the map, and players with a set number of kills wouldn't be able to enter that zone.  

I just feel that this would add that missing element for me, and several others i know feel the same way.  We miss true open world pvp.  

On June 3, 2016 at 1:50 PM, DomiSotto said:

I like the zone-specific PvP with flags. Any game that have stealth characters and perma-flagging setting is rigged.

This would support an opinion that's off topic and another that makes the entire game sound bad.  Open World PvP is the worst thing because of the people that are playing is debatable, and is contingent to this page.  Any player made character could create disagreement...  Rage quitting is a choice.

• 2 weeks later...

See some people don't like to PVP but we are force to PVP to get our upgrades and that's not counting soulstones. IE misty woods necklace, breeze necklace, earings, belt, barcelt. We are force to go to owPVP farm the other faction's boss, faction quest to get upgrades we need.

I was on my destroyer alt last night with some friend who is also trying to get the misty wood necklace. Mind you there are some lvl 45 and some lvl 50 in the group but gear is not great. This WL and KFM both have way better gear kills us. Fine we swap channels contiune to farm, they swap channels and kill us. This went on several times. To be honest we can go on our main and kill them or just spam in faction chat for help since our faction outnumber the other one by a large number who are mostly active. But we weren't into PvP so we call it a night.

Let people who wants to PVP, owpvp do it but don't tie gear into PvP. Other games all have this option to enable/dsiable Pvp AND gears for PVE are not tie to PvP. Only BnS does this and annoys the heck out of me. Especially owpvp it is not balance and will never be balance.

This is one of the biggest reason why I can't convince my friends to play BnS.

Open World PVP here is not real.

There's no such thing like "raid", "repel", and "war".

What's the point of upgrading our gears if you can't even use it on OWPVP?

On 7/5/2016 at 9:00 PM, Tyrean said:

This is one of the biggest reason why I can't convince my friends to play BnS.

Open World PVP here is not real.

There's no such thing like "raid", "repel", and "war".

What's the point of upgrading our gears if you can't even use it on OWPVP?

You sound like the type of person that wants to upgrade your gear to grief other players. Plenty of other games for trolls out there. BnS is just fine the way it is and with the server merges, I'd say war is coming to ssp. 

On 01/07/2016 at 1:44 PM, spongemike said:

IE misty woods necklace, breeze necklace, earings, belt, barcelt.

Breeze stuff isn't limited to PvP. You can get that from GHS, Beastbog, probably Plog Sanctum too... or you can trade Silverfrost Valor Stones for them.

You're right on the Misty Woods Necklace, though. Good luck with that one without getting ganked.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2016 at 10:23 PM, Mastrof said:

Even in the same company they have a great OWPVP game, Lineage 2.

For start you could kill any1 anywhere, PK, you would go red and drop your items if they kill you, but you could also buy a stone that prevent this (very rare stone). This say, you could kill 100% of the players on any part of the map.

Second you have guild and alliance war, that means if you alliance was 300 people vs other 300 people, you could do war in any part of the world cause all the time you see the other guys. When i played i was in a big aliiance that farmed in x place, and our enemys in other place, some times we or them jump to the enemy zone and kill or try.

You have daily, weekly bosses that droped rare items, you go to war all the time there to get that items, cause all the alliances wanted to get those items. I remember that some times was like 1 or 2 hour war to see what alliance get inside the boss room, was insane.

And castle sieges all weekends...

BnS dont have the 5% of pvp of Lineage2. And it sucks cause its the same company and its sooooo diferent.

How i miss the pvp system of l2 :( never played any game near that.

i feel u bro.. i meas lineage 2 like hell... but now is a relic and no more population, bots and p2w.. but THERE WILL NEVER BE A GAME LIKE LINAEGE 2

EVER

On 2/24/2016 at 2:46 AM, Ouran said:

Kill trading destroys world PVP.

No. Even if you trade the 10 kills it's not worth your time and you can make more money by doing something else.

Its hard to get your kills while doing the other Pve quests mostly because of the unbalanced faction population.

However, if the factions were balanced you would constantly have to fight off or avoid enemy zergs to do your simple dailies, which is also not worth the time.

Conclusion: Just do the peaceful grind and collect quests quickly and leave the area. Wasting time is wasting gold.

I do not know a game where factions works. It is always a broken idea. Only form of PvP in MMORPGS works is oldschool OWPvP like Lineage 2 or EVE online. But this means pretty much hardcore ruleset. So devs are afraid to implement this casual times. What is sad, long time did not saw decent MMORPG.

And one more thing what I do hate in B&S is force to use specific costume to PvP in case where is so much other nice costumes.

• 3 weeks later...

To the OP,

This game you can skip things you don't like and focus on other way to make gold and just buy soulstones. If you don't want to farm Mushin or any other place then don't. Pick another place to farm and use the gold to buy what you need. I could understand if you are forced to do something because you can't get the item elsewhere but this isn't one of those cases. I rarely do ssp or misty anymore and find other ways to get ss like gold or from the events etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm probably in the minority here. Particularly when venturing into the pvp forums, but I genuinely don't like the pvp in this game. That's not to say I don't like the game as a whole. I love the story, art, and combat. However a combination of several factors make me positively detest its' pvp.

Firstly you join your faction at the latest around level 16 at which point you contribute nothing meaningful for your faction. If the two factions new players leave at disproportionate rates, say new reds are more likely to stick with the game, then that will lead to imbalance in the end-game faction content that ends up mattering far more to players.

Secondly the progression in gear is so long that newer players are substantially ill equipped to have meaningful combat encounters on top of likely having less experience. A top tier player can quite easily have thrice the AP of a new player and nearly double their hp to boot.

PvP combat should at its' best be engaging and tense for both parties, but a massive difference in power, durability, and player skill greatly dissuades any new players from doing content they are strongly encouraged to do.

I personally was completely turned off from pvp when I started playing by being reemed over and over by opponents twice my better, and while I now understand the mechanics of my class and the flow of a fight better, I still don't participate in pvp content on account of the strong negative association I have with my former experiences.

That and gold is just so easy to get I may as well buy the stuff I need as save myself the stress of getting it myself =P

• 1 month later...

I love world PvP. I always play PvP servers because it feels more realistic to be jumped every now and then by the enemy.  My only wish is they would release some kind of outfit that makes you PvP flagged to everyone and vise versa so I could get that "You're never safe so never drop your guard." feeling in this game too.

Archived