Do you really enjoy play arena 1vs1?

Huniverse

Im currently playing Lyn Blade Dancer, everything feels hard to beat, I mean every single class.
Im getting bad experience with the game feels very unbalanced. Im not having fun at all its like tryhard mode all the way to lose in the end.
feelsbadman

You just need to get better, know the matchups better.

Lyn Blade Dancer should only have a unfavorable matchup into Force Master I believe? I'm not sure though. The other ones should be advantage/neutral. And they can beat everything. They are the second best class in favorable matchups right now imo (Summoner being first only having difficulty against Destroyers)

Yes i absolutely love it just because im not forced to play with others. Most likely this sounds that im basic noob who blames others but sadly im person who likes to play 1v1's and enjoy them just because i dont have to rely on teammates not screwing up

No, I do not.

Equalized stats mean jackshit if there isnt an equalized number of skill points, because that pretty much gives to everyone below 45 a huge disadvantage. As Lv45 HM5 KFM i feel bad for beating a lv30 assassin with much less skills than I do.

They could do what TERA has been doing for a while, that is when you enter the "arena" everyone becomes lv65 with all the skills avaliable and are given time to spec them

Also, pair people with playeds of their own level. 

I dont like to fight people 20 levels below me, its not fun and I am sure they think the same thing. 

11 hours ago, SrKoquonfaes said:

No, I do not.

Equalized stats mean jackshit if there isnt an equalized number of skill points, because that pretty much gives to everyone below 45 a huge disadvantage. As Lv45 HM5 KFM i feel bad for beating a lv30 assassin with much less skills than I do.

They could do what TERA has been doing for a while, that is when you enter the "arena" everyone becomes lv65 with all the skills avaliable and are given time to spec them

I dont like to fight people 20 levels below me, its not fun and I am sure they think the same thing. 

Well, with my lv32 force master I'm currently 6-0, and the last 4 were lv45, so...if you're better, you can win, even against mirror matches with missing skills XD

13 hours ago, SrKoquonfaes said:

No, I do not.

Get 45 FIRST and stop whining LOOL, in this game you get 45 FAST compared to other mmos lol. And wtf is with people wanting to pvp at lower lvl? don't they realize they have fewer points? and they still cry lol facepalm.

1 hour ago, Inmortalibus said:

Get 45 FIRST and stop whining LOOL, in this game you get 45 FAST compared to other mmos lol. And wtf is with people wanting to pvp at lower lvl? don't they realize they have fewer points? and they still cry lol facepalm.

lv45 HM4, thank you very much. 

GDt15Yr.jpg

19 minutes ago, Onene said:

@SrKoquonfaes it's not like that in tera. tera does the same, gives you equalized level/stats but you stay with the same skills, gear slots. you cant equip green crystals if your real gear doesnt have slots for them even tho in eq battlegrounds it shows the slots open.

Pretty sure you are given the rest of the skills. At least on my Lancer it happened, i got giga leash while being lv46

on topic: yes I am enjoying the arena very much.

But I believe anyone who says they hate it, because it is a thing of personal psychology. Do you like challenges? Do you have (too) high expectations of yourself? Can you enjoy a defeat, if you played well? Do you play to be there, or only to get a rank? Do you get the rank you you think you need? Do you need a rank at all? How do others talk about arena and how makes that feel you? Do you play together with friends, do you play alone? all of these things and many more matter.

For me, right now, I am having a blast. ^_^

7 minutes ago, Shuchin said:

on topic: yes I am enjoying the arena very much.

But I believe anyone who says they hate it, because it is a thing of personal psychology. Do you like challenges? Do you have (too) high expectations of yourself? Can you enjoy a defeat, if you played well? Do you play to be there, or only to get a rank? Do you get the rank you you think you need? Do you need a rank at all? How do others talk about arena and how makes that feel you? Do you play together with friends, do you play alone? all of these things and many more matter.

For me, right now, I am having a blast. ^_^

I prefer OW PvP, specially when you can 1v1. Because I can feel my effort paying off, I can see my hours upon hours grinding and collecting mats mark the difference between defeat and victory.

I do not like arena because, as i said before, equalized gear means jackshit without an equal amount of skill points, and I do NOT enjoy fighting against a lv30 BM with 24 skill points less than me. 

Even in gold, there are many low level summoners and sin who dont really pose a threat for a KFM. 

The hassle of finding a decent challenge in arena outweight the rewards by alot. It's faster to just form a some kind of Fighting Club in OW PvP (Which I have seen happening several times)

4 minutes ago, SrKoquonfaes said:

I prefer OW PvP, specially when you can 1v1. Because I can feel my effort paying off, I can see my hours upon hours grinding and collecting mats mark the difference between defeat and victory.

I do not like arena because, as i said before, equalized gear means jackshit without an equal amount of skill points, and I do NOT enjoy fighting against a lv30 BM with 24 skill points less than me. 

Even in gold, there are many low level summoners and sin who dont really pose a threat for a KFM. 

The hassle of finding a decent challenge in arena outweight the rewards by alot. It's faster to just form a some kind of Fighting Club in OW PvP (Which I have seen happening several times)

then enjoy being lonely in your OW PVP and get gear carried. And HOW many low lvl players you met except some summoners? are you for real man, getting lvl 45 in 3-4 or even 5 lets say days its easy and then you can PVP and stop crying about your unequal skill points LOL.

some of the lvl 30ies may be in for the kick to play against lvl 45ers and win one match in three, even if it might not be the match with you.

I remember starting to arena with my KFM at lvl 25ish and I had a lot of fun. ^_^

Ranking is better than level to match up, and let's not forget there is match to match variability.

We should not jump to conclusions like "what I stomped a lvl 30 in gold rank, they should not be allowed to be matched against me" "what I got stomped by a lvl 30? Nerf class XXX!"

Have thought long and hard about B&S arena and still have not found anything that I want changed. ^_^ <-- happy

8 hours ago, Main said:

then enjoy being lonely in your OW PVP and get gear carried. And HOW many low lvl players you met except some summoners? are you for real man, getting lvl 45 in 3-4 or even 5 lets say days its easy and then you can PVP and stop crying about your unequal skill points LOL.

I prefer to be " gear carried" than be "so bad that I need help from the arena equalized system to even have a chance againts people"

Mind you, my diamond rank isnt just there for shows.

atm its pretty bland / boring mostly because the combat system is way too simple and there's quite a few things missing for this to be a long lasting hit in the Esports scene, namely complexity and balance. With the upcoming release of the nerfed warlock which will still not be enough to counter summoners and whatnot, + the fact that nothing will truly be balanced until players unlock all the needed skills (meaning lvl 50 and hm books) ... yeah this is going to tank.

You can already tell anyway by the number of bots present in arena, the lag not being fixed and how awfully done the patching management is. Shoulda released the game in its final state straight instead of giving a half botched one.

Arena should not take in account any HM level at all and give all skill points straights instead. What's sad is that Ncsoft had in the past the perfect formula with GW 1, guess they lost it somehow

On 24/02/2016 at 8:22 PM, Masqava said:

You just need to get better, know the matchups better.

Lyn Blade Dancer should only have a unfavorable matchup into Force Master I believe? I'm not sure though. The other ones should be advantage/neutral. And they can beat everything. They are the second best class in favorable matchups right now imo (Summoner being first only having difficulty against Destroyers)

haha.... no

As an FM, the only classes I have difficulty against are BD & BM.

14 minutes ago, Primula said:

haha.... no

As an FM, the only classes I have difficulty against are BD & BM.

It's just what I heard from another LBD, I could be wrong, I guess it's pretty even then.

But yeah LBD is by no means an underpowered class, they're above average I'd say in learn curve-reward.

Imo its the best Arena PvP i've played ! The PvP is pretty balance compare to other mmo, the skill cap is huge and (Op) you've certainly played against players from the KR and RU version of the game this being said you will need more practice and better overall knoweldge of bns mechanics to enjoy Arena. 

Keep tryin  hard it will pay ! But i can understand this is frustrating to get rapped on 1v1 match xD, like many dudes said it before, play and learn !

Archived